PDA

View Full Version : BBC... yaaaaay!!!!

emtee
04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow! good to hear this club is still in existence... top news... I've been by the track several times but it seemed deserted and (dare I say...?) a bit rundown!!! (gulp... sorry!!)

I heard it was defunct 'cos the organisers were strapped for cash and the sports centre was playing up...

I saw the supercup advertised, but didn't know where the venue was, I would have loved to have seen it...

ok, after shooting myself in the foot, are you looking for new members? i.e. me? What do you run regards cells 'n motors...? nimh, lipo, BL? I have a 13.5 'n lipo's that are looking for a home... what would I be better looking for? 2wd, 4wd? carbon, plastic? truck/truggy or buggy?

Don't want to break the bank as i've done that with the TC... what would be an OK starting chassis that I can slip by the wife without her noticing the drain on the account? Oh yes... 'n can I come 'n play? :woot:

super sparks
04-04-2009, 09:27 PM
we are meeting tomorrow at ten o clock for track preperation and aim to start racing at 11,come down and see us you are very welcome to do so then you can see all the various types of 2 and 4 wheel drive cars we run. noticed from your post yo come from dewsbury so do i

emtee
04-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm up at bywell road, nr the whistler... if I can sneak out I'll come down... thanks for the reply...

super__dan
05-04-2009, 08:30 AM
2wd buggy (especially with a brushless and lipo) can be a very cheap car to run. Find a decent setup and you just brush the dust off every week and keep running it.

Hope you can pop down today!

emtee
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Had over an hour track side today and was impressed by the look of the track... cleans up well dunnit?

Still no nearer to what chassis/kit to look for... but I did like the look of the 2wd tho'... bit more traditional in looks than the 4wd...

Everyone seemed to be running crazy wind motors 4.5-6.5 BL's... what's all that about? I was kinda hoping to use a 13.5 I have going spare but now unsure if it will be sufficient...

Good news tho'... only 15 mins from home!!

Anyone willing to share any opinions on chassis/cells/motors etc...

Richard Lowe
05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
You'll be fine with that motor :)

With modern lipo's you'll still have enough power to have some fun, on todays track the only place you'd have lost out would have been the second half of the straight - I had a 6.5 in my 2wd and 4wd today and wasn't using more than about 1/4 throttle anywhere other than the straight ;)

emtee
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
You'll be fine with that motor :)

With modern lipo's you'll still have enough power to have some fun, on todays track the only place you'd have lost out would have been the second half of the straight - I had a 6.5 in my 2wd and 4wd today and wasn't using more than about 1/4 throttle anywhere other than the straight ;)

I guess coming from you that is to be regarded as genuine info...

I'm sure I've seen the yer name a bit on various podiums around the place!!

Medders
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Are you going to run a 13.5 turn next week then Rich?

The way that truck was dialled today perhaps its time to put the B4 into retirement?

Richard Lowe
05-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Are you going to run a 13.5 turn next week then Rich?

The way that truck was dialled today perhaps its time to put the B4 into retirement?
After saying that I don't own anything slower than a 7.5 :lol:

It's a shame the truck wont fit in the box at nationals... :p

emtee
05-04-2009, 11:00 PM
thanks for your input fellahs... 'preciated... :thumbsup: