PDA

View Full Version : xbox kinect

ianhaye
11-10-2010, 04:40 PM
whos thinking or has ordered the kinect, im thinking of ordering it for the mrs bday as she keeps going on about it, but im unsure if its gonna be any good to be onist lol

metalmickey0
11-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Was thinking of ordering one myself too. Been watching all the on-line Live vids about it. Look quite interesting and it small too and move on its own to follow you:eh?:

Nick Goodall
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
My mate works for xbox and has had it at home for a while now. I'd basically say if you or the Mrs like the Wii you'll be blown away by it, it's not cheap but awesome having no controller in hand, it's brilliant

DAVO
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
ill be gettig it

ianhaye
11-10-2010, 07:35 PM
gonna order it then as she loved the wii, amazon are the cheapest but i noticed it said they cant garntuee to be dilvered on release date becuase they are limited to what they get sent, so would it be worth paying the extra tenner and getting it from microsoft, whats the chances of everyone selling out of them before release date do you think?

Nick Goodall
10-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Has anyone got theirs yet???

I've got one on hold at Argos so can go and pick it up before Saturday.... I'm thinking it will be a good Christmas present for the Wife but just can't make my mind up.......

I played it again last week and it is fantastic, tabletennis, running and Football are all really good - Plus the Mrs loved the dance stuff on it.....

/tobys
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Looks good...but might need a largish room to use it in.

http://www.reghardware.com/2010/11/10/review_gaming_microsoft_xbox_360_kinect/

MRD
10-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I can see what MS are trying to do but I wish they would put more effort into things like 3D content instead.

The whole idea seems very limited to me, Its OK having no controler but the 360 pad has tons of buttons because you need them.

I'll wait 6 month till its in poundstretcher for £9.99 and put the money saved into buying a propper wheel :woot:

Nick Goodall
15-11-2010, 10:39 AM
I can see what MS are trying to do but I wish they would put more effort into things like 3D content instead.

The whole idea seems very limited to me, Its OK having no controler but the 360 pad has tons of buttons because you need them.

I'll wait 6 month till its in poundstretcher for £9.99 and put the money saved into buying a propper wheel :woot:

Haha good luck with that, the thing to look at his how big the Wii still is - People are still snapping them up 4-5 years on and TRUST ME the Kinect system honestly makes the Wii look like a childs toy..... (more then it actually ever did)! Xbox graphics alone would make it 10 times better but the way the system works is so clever, i am so impressed by it! I managed to get one through my mate at Xbox with 4 games so the Wife will be very happy come Christmas day :D

I'd strongly recommend anyone going and trying it if you're interested, i have been completely blown away :-)

hammerhead
26-12-2010, 10:52 AM
missus got me the kinect for a pressie yesterday and my god im unfit lol woke up today feeling like i been sandwiched by 2 busses and not 1 drop of alcahol lol its 100 times better than the wii just a pity theres not as much games out yet but all in all the things genius has any one else got one?

sime46
26-12-2010, 04:40 PM
We got one and we love it. Kills the wii stone dead. Mine has a fault tho and it keeps crashing. We got the bundle with the new 4gb xbox and it all works really well and was easy to setup but its crashed 8 times during today whilst playing a variety of games. Frustrating when I'm busting moves on Dance Central. Lol. Think I'll take it back which is a pisser as I've spent ages putting separate profiles on for all 3 of us. Cracking bit of kit tho. Anyone wanna buy a Wii? lol

mikeyscott
26-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Been looking at one of these too. Going to be an expensive month!

Xbox
iPad
Apple tv
Seat Leon Cupra mk2!

Never owned a console before..

paulc
26-12-2010, 05:18 PM
As much as i hate to say it the xbox kinect does look very impressive

hammerhead
26-12-2010, 06:28 PM
ye its best one out there if any one wants to add me im MUGGYMAN get bussin some moves