PDA

View Full Version : Winter Warmer Series 2010/11 RD 5 - Sunday 06 February 2011- EPR

brookie
03-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Here we go! - The 'official' thread!

As the title says, the fifth round, Round 5 (of 6, possible re-run of cancelled round 3) of the Winter Warmer Series 2010/11. As per usual the series will cater for both 2WD and 4WD 1:10 electric off-road buggies as well as Stadium Trucks and Short Course trucks!

As this thread infers, to be held at Eden Park Raceway off-road facility(check out details here: http://www.edenparkraceway.com/dates.htm) on Sunday 06 February 2011!

Gates open at 08:00, Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early! The track has near neighbours which we do not want upset by excessive early noise, thank you!
Subject to confirmation, we believe that the on-site cafe will be open from approx. 08:30, providing a selection of hot & cold food, drinks and snacks, with their now highly recommended sausage baguettes!

See you all there, watch out for further announcements!

EPR Committee

Dudders
03-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I know a few of the West Surrey mob are heading over so weather permitting, should be a cracker!.

Do you still run in the rain?. Also SWMBO asks if there are toilets nearby? Thinking of bringing the whole tribe along :D

MattADH
03-02-2011, 12:23 PM
The track is based within a sports and social club so there are toilets available, but we are beholden to the groundsman opening them up the building as they have changed the locks on the toilet block we had access to in previous years.

Yes, we do run in the rain and the track handles it well with its built-in draingae. That said, any heavy rain for longh periods of time cannot drain away quickly enough although with the dry weather we have had recently, this shouldnt be a problem.

RudeTony
03-02-2011, 12:46 PM
I know a few of the West Surrey mob are heading over so weather permitting, should be a cracker!.

Do you still run in the rain?. Also SWMBO asks if there are toilets nearby? Thinking of bringing the whole tribe along :D

Neil.....LOL.....get your rear down there and all is fine - got your email but decided to answer you here - don't ask silly question about EPR - they have everything .....weather looking good....get down there all, Dave and I will be there doing 2wd.....

MHeadling
03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Looking forward to this one! :D

See you all there :)

Dudders
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Neil.....LOL.....get your rear down there and all is fine - got your email but decided to answer you here - don't ask silly question about EPR - they have everything .....weather looking good....get down there all, Dave and I will be there doing 2wd.....

ok ok ok!, just been down MK for a hand muff!! :D:D

mw02veg
03-02-2011, 07:45 PM
ill be racing! did you read the latest news from scumacher :thumbsup:

brookie
03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
UK race debut Grant? :woot:

brookie
03-02-2011, 11:36 PM
And the weather forecast is looking better all the time:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=br3%203sr

(whisper!) anybody going to think about Yellows?

mikeyscott
04-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Ooo. I haven't been to EPR for a while.

Good luck if you run the new machine.

Extreme
04-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Really looking forward to this meeting :D

Team No Idea
05-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Really looking forward to this meeting :D

So was i !:cry:
looks like you have a clear run with the truck championship Mr Brooke!

brookie
05-02-2011, 08:32 AM
So was i !:cry:
looks like you have a clear run with the truck championship Mr Brooke!

You not coming then Martin, 'cos of the house move (good luck with that!)?

And the Championship is still wide open at the mo!
Being led by a 4WD SCT (:thumbdown:) presently!

And there may still be some surprise entrants into this or possibly later rounds!

tymill
05-02-2011, 10:54 AM
You not coming then Martin, 'cos of the house move (good luck with that!)?

And the Championship is still wide open at the mo!
Being led by a 4WD SCT (:thumbdown:) presently!

And there may still be some surprise entrants into this or possibly later rounds!

Cool... Looking forward to seeing the standings tomorrow! Are the spreadsheets online at the mo?

See you all there for some SC action tomorrow - carcam and all!

Cheers,
Ty

brookie
05-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Track is ready and good to go! :thumbsup:
Borderline Yellows I would think! We've had no rain and the strong winds are helping to dry the track.....in part!

VERY IMPORTANT - With the strong winds in mind and with them forecast through tomorrows meeting can all EZ-UP, gazebo and tent users please ensure that their structures are securely fixed down please, we DO NOT want ANY avoidable incidents!

Groundstaff will be there to let us in but remember chaps, please, NOT TOO early!
Also confirmed that the on-site cafe will be up and running tomorrow as there is a hectic football schedule so please park considerately!

Should have Championship tables with us tomorrow.....if I remember them!
See you all tomorrow!!! :thumbsup:

Dudders
05-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Looks like another meeting I'll not be coming to. Must be something about EPR and the gods!!!.

Hope all goes well.

mattJT
05-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Gonna have to let someone else take the honour of my last place in the SCT B final this time round :lol: family commitments tomorrow :( so can't make it down......

However, reason for post is actually to ask, would a MRT PTX Transponder work up EPR? (thinking of investing in one of these)

brookie
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Matt,

Quite simply yes!
ALL PT's work with our system whether they be AMB's own or MRT.

mattJT
05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Cheers Steve :)

Extreme
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Awsome days racing big thanks to the EPR crew for running the meeting:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Awsome days racing big thanks to the EPR crew for running the meeting:thumbsup:

Who won?

brookie
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks to all who ran (cold ridden Alex!), helped with and attended our meeting today. Think that by and large nearly everybody had a good day, weather was kind and what a pleasant change to have SOOO much grip compared to recent meetings! :thumbsup:

Top three's in all classes were:

2WD: Williams (G); Stafford; Evdoka
4WD: Kerry; Neal; Brooke (C)
Short Course/Truck: Brooke (S); Stafford; Wilson

And yes before anybody asks that last result IS correct! :woot:

Once again thanks to all those that attended EPR today.

EPR Committee

NB: We'll be having a timed practice session this forthcoming Saturday (12.02.11) as we have to do some further testing of our wireless network. Look out for further announcements later in the week!

mikeyscott
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Cool, hope to see you for the meeting in March, wife and TORCH are already being briefed for my absence!

Wireless ooo, for bbk live?

rc_penguin
06-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks to all the EPR guys :) Despite it not being one of my "better days" lol, i still had a good enjoyable day :)
PS: Do i win the best looking crash/breakage award of the series :thumbsup:

brookie
06-02-2011, 10:01 PM
So far you do Will, nobody has come close to that one in race conditions!
Though we've had a couple that come close to it during practice days!

Would love to be fly on the wall when you make that call to Lewis! :woot:

rc_penguin
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
To be fair the momentum it carried and rolled into the fence at, i deserved to break it lol, if I had done the same thing with my Tamiya I fear there wouldn't be a lot left! :woot:

MHeadling
06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds like you had fun!

I couldn't make it due to a birthday do I forgot about.

Brookie I would frame the final result you beating Ellis! Well done fella!

cwilson
07-02-2011, 01:47 AM
i cant belive i got 3rd in the trucks. well done to you brookie. i had a brill day tho.

mikeyscott
07-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Are there still concrete and Tarmac sections in the track?