PDA

View Full Version : Octa-Wind or Not

Martyn (Bomber)
27-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Just wondering if people are preferring the Octa-Wind's over the standard x12's ?

joker
27-08-2011, 04:44 PM
ive been running the octa wind motors since they came out and ive never looked back. :thumbsup:

mattb
27-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I thought this was a tuning preferance as in the octa wind is the equivalent of say 12t double and the standard x12 is a 12t single:confused:

But i minght be wrong!!!

jcb
30-08-2011, 09:33 PM
I run the octo wind motors in the Nosram equivilent and find them a touch smoother than the standard winds, I also run the timing shim with one or two dots, which seems to help them with running cooler and no adverse effect with the power band.

uijui
31-08-2011, 04:06 AM
I run the octo wind motors in the Nosram equivilent and find them a touch smoother than the standard winds, I also run the timing shim with one or two dots, which seems to help them with running cooler and no adverse effect with the power band.

It should run hotter with those shims than 4dot shim. 4dot shim gives -10 degrees timing, all others give more. Tried at non octawind motor the straight shim and it runs definately hotter...

BeachBuggyPhil
11-09-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a 4 dot shim on my 5.5t octa wind in my SC10 and the motor runs pretty warm. I've heard that is normal for an LRP motor, is that right?
It's close to hitting the thermal cut out on the RS Pro with nearly all the lights lit after a blast round the local track.
My 10.5 novak is barely warm after 35 mins of bashing with a 21 pinion. How can I set up my SC10 so it doesn't get so hot? Running an 18/87 combo when that is installed.
Should I up the pinion on that as well? The final drive ratio seemed pretty good.
The thing is mental fast with the 5.5 though!