PDA

View Full Version : esc problem

vicki
02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
my esc keeps cutting out when i put full throttle on, if i build up to it slowly its ok, but sudden full thottle and it cuts out, ive tryed switching batteries, motor sensor cable, motor and capacitor, but it still does it. the esc is pretty new to. does this mean there is a fault with the esc or am i missing something? i use a volt meter to measure the battery voltage, it ok when its fully charged, but when it drops down to 7.4V it starts, i hardly get to use it. any help would be great.

sosidge
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
First of all, check that the batteries are actually fully charged.

If they are, then it sounds like the batteries can't cope with the power you're demanding from them. You need either better batteries or a slower motor.

vicki
02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
im using reedy saddle lipo's 5200 mah 60c with a 5.5t motor. im using speed passion gt pro 2.0. it should easily handle that right? the batteries are fully charged, but after the voltage of batteries drops to 1.4 thats when the problem starts, any other ideas?

Cardnim
02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
a 1.4v cell is VERY bad. sounds like one of the saddles is faulty.Can your charger show you the individual cell voltages as its charging?

You are right about the motor and ESC. I use the same ESC and it can easily handle the amps throughput.

ian h
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi Vicki, where in Ireland are you based? I run a similar setup with no problems. What firmware and settings are you using on the Esc?

Dean Washington
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Sorry mistype, 7.4v not 1.4v. I'm using the standard setup on the esc I i updated it using the USB programme card. I have 3 different sets of lipo saddles and does it with them all, when charged they have 8.4v and the problem starts at 7.4v

mattybucks
02-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Are you using a powercap?

vicki
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
yes and ive changed it to see if it was that. no luck, it will haveto be a esc fault now right?

VintageRacer
02-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Do you know what the low voltage cut off is for that esc?

Sounds to me like the high current draw is causing the cells voltage to fall below what the esc thinks is safe for a lipo.

Perhaps try switching the low voltage cutoff off and test to see if you have the same problem.