PDA

View Full Version : A1 advice please guys

Rich D
04-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey

Hoping to race next Sunday for the first time. Couple of questions. Can we book in/pay on the day and are the db tyres still compulsory or can I use some of my old Worksop minipins ?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Robbiejuk
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I thiink the answers currently are Yes, Yes and No :)

ironmangav
05-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Any entry lists up here are there many for the SC Trucks this weekend.

Rich D
05-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I thiink the answers currently are Yes, Yes and No :)

Cheers Rob, can anyone who runs the job confirm this please ? Would obviously prefer to use a bag full of part worns i have got as opposed to buying new tyres if possible. Invested in a 12v today, looking forward to it.

tnx king
05-12-2011, 06:07 PM
It is a Dboots controlled tyre Yes, If you would like to pay on day could you please still fill in the form on Arenax.co.uk and when it asks for paypal details just exit, It helps speed things up on the day.

Tyres have been discounted at this meeting

Hope this answers Your Questions..

See you on sunday :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ben

Rich D
05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
No worries Ben I will fill out the form thanks for the info.

wes j.
05-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi Rich it would be good to see you there mate. Don't know if you've read other posts but the B compound seems to be the better choice as they still grip well when worn.

Rich D
05-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi Rich it would be good to see you there mate. Don't know if you've read other posts but the B compound seems to be the better choice as they still grip well when worn.

Cheers for the info Wez, i`ll pick some up Sunday morning. Ive been told that most are on cut staggers up front ?

wes j.
05-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Pretty much mate. I just use the standard staggers but i think Mark runs the cut ones on his vega.

Andrew Twigger
05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I used the cut staggers last time as that's all I had and to be honest found them a bit aggressive.

Having said that, they last ages and so worth having both as a tuning aid IMO :thumbsup:

tnx king
05-12-2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUp_SGNq4M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUp_SGNq4M)

dont know if you have seen this yet a final from last round :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich D
05-12-2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUp_SGNq4M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUp_SGNq4M)

dont know if you have seen this yet a final from last round :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Track looks great and very fast, best have an extra Weetabix then!

Not so sure about the layout for the starting grid though, third place had the line for the first corner, good job it was Nathan on pole ;).

spyro
05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Any entry lists up here are there many for the SC Trucks this weekend.

six 4wd and about the same 2wd so far Gav, will have a better idea after Tuesday night, still have some more to confirm.

reg
06-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Track looks great and very fast, best have an extra Weetabix then!

Not so sure about the layout for the starting grid though, third place had the line for the first corner, good job it was Nathan on pole ;).

Hi Rich,i was on pole for mine and its ace,it means you can clear off:thumbsup:,it might be changed for the next round,
i run the old staggers but cut,they do understeer a bit,good for me,if you have had an extra weetabix you could go for some minipins :thumbsup:
we have a club night tonight if you fancy it,doors open at 5.30,its a good night,and you can practice after the racing is all done,just wrap up coz its a bit cool:woot:,if not see ya sunday

Rich D
06-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Rich,i was on pole for mine and its ace,it means you can clear off:thumbsup:,it might be changed for the next round,
i run the old staggers but cut,they do understeer a bit,good for me,if you have had an extra weetabix you could go for some minipins :thumbsup:
we have a club night tonight if you fancy it,doors open at 5.30,its a good night,and you can practice after the racing is all done,just wrap up coz its a bit cool:woot:,if not see ya sunday

Cheers for the info Mark - bit too far for mid week racing at 60 miles sadly but will see you Sunday. I`ll come armed with various fronts. :thumbsup: