PDA

View Full Version : Short Course National 13th May 2012: Visitor and Club Info

Dudders
27-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Hello you truck lovers!

I'm pleased to announce that Surrey and Hants will be hosting a round of this years Short Course National Championship on May 13th 2012.

It's the 2nd year of this championship and it would be awesome to see a full field of trucks racing.

Buggy racing will also be running at this meeting.

See here for full details: http://www.ukshortcourse.com/

Booking in direct url http://www.ukshortcourse.com/entry.html

Visitor Info for Round 2 National Short Course Championship:

UK Short Course National Series Rnd 2

13th May 2012

Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club: Samual Cody Sport College, Ballantyne Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 8SN.

Please follow this link for club location and parking.

http://www.shrccc.co.uk/surrey%20and%20hants%20club%20layout.pdf

Track will be open at 8.00am on Sunday, it is not possible to access the track until this time, so no need to turn up at stupid o’clock!

The track is 95% astro and 5% air!. Recommend King Course or Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes.

Track side pitting on hard standing and also overspill on grass. Gazebo’s (if windy) will need to be secured to the fence, on the grass they can be staked in. At this event we do not anticpate using the grass. You will need tables and chairs.

Electric mains will be available for charging, please be prepared to link extension cables and help out the fellow racer. Generators are fine to use, please place them outside the compound and hook the wire through.

A burger van will be in attendance and will be serving from 8.30am

Male and Female toilets are right next door to the track and they do include hot showers which are free to use.

Please use a suitable LiPo charging sack. These WILL be being checked

We do not have hand out transponders. We can count trucks manually but the racers without them will be bundled into one heat to make the day run smoother.

Look forward to welcoming the truck circus!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dudders
16-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Really looking forward to this now!, just been repping the old girl and she's ready for action. Roll on Tuesday night for some racing!.

Any other SHRCCC trucks making an appearence??? :woot:

TARTMAN
16-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Really looking forward to this now!, just been repping the old girl and she's ready for action. Roll on Tuesday night for some racing!.

Any other SHRCCC trucks making an appearence??? :woot:

I will have my beast all ready to race for this defo!

:woot::woot::woot::woot::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumb sup::thumbsup:

Dudders
22-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Discovered today Schumacher rears are poo in the wet on my SC10 :cry:

TARTMAN
22-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Discovered today Schumacher rears are poo in the wet on my SC10 :cry:

You need soft tyres in the wet, the ylw/blue pins are to hard....

:thumbsup:

imull
22-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Just noticed that I can enter with a Stadium Truck, so I might be tempted:thumbsup:

jlucas
22-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I may need to get a stadium truck if that's the case :)

TARTMAN
23-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I may need to get a stadium truck if that's the case :)

the stadium is a support class. get a SC and race properly!:woot::thumbsup:

Dudders
23-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Booking in is now open, get yourselves booked in people! :woot:

http://www.ukshortcourse.com/entry.html

Hpi_guy
29-04-2012, 03:38 PM
whats the weather like down at surrey? we have shut our local track until further notice due to excessive rain:thumbdown:

Dudders
29-04-2012, 03:48 PM
No issues with rain. The car ark and track are all on Tarmac based and the track is on a 10 degree slope.

Dudders
02-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Visitor Info for Round 2 National Short Course Championship:

UK Short Course National Series Rnd 2

13th May 2012

Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club: Samual Cody Sport College, Ballantyne Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 8SN.

Please follow this link for club location and parking.

http://www.shrccc.co.uk/surrey%20and%20hants%20club%20layout.pdf

Track will be open at 8.00am on Sunday, it is not possible to access the track until this time, so no need to turn up at stupid o’clock!

The track is 95% astro and 5% air!. Recommend King Course or Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes.

Track side pitting on hard standing and also overspill on grass. Gazebo’s (if windy) will need to be secured to the fence, on the grass they can be staked in. At this event we do not anticpate using the grass. You will need tables and chairs.

Electric mains will be available for charging, please be prepared to link extension cables and help out the fellow racer. Generators are fine to use, please place them outside the compound and hook the wire through.

A burger van will be in attendance and will be serving from 8.30am

Male and Female toilets are right next door to the track and they do include hot showers which are free to use.

Please use a suitable LiPo charging sack. These WILL be being checked

We do not have hand out transponders. We can count trucks manually but the racers without them will be bundled into one heat to make the day run smoother.

Look forward to welcoming the truck circus!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lambert
09-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know how i book in for buggys as the booking in site is only for SC?

Checa
09-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Does anyone know how i book in for buggys as the booking in site is only for SC?

Yep buy a Short Course you know you are going too:thumbsup:

lambert
09-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Closest il get to a sc is putting a sc shell over me buggy

lambert
09-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Unless EMS wants to give me a 100% sponsership i cant see that happening :)

Checa
09-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Unless EMS wants to give me a 100% sponsership i cant see that happening :)

:lol:

TARTMAN
09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
For 2wd and 4wd buggies, just turn up from 8.00 am and book in as normal. The online booking in is for the SC national only.
The buggies are a support class.

See you all there!:thumbsup:

Dudders
09-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes, Chris has allowed us to put on a buggy race to fill the void between Short Course rounds. There would have been a natural break between rounds to enable tinkering and charging anyway, so this fills the void and gives more locals the chance to see the trucks without holding up proceedings. It's working well as 3 have already purchased Short Course :thumbsup:

moulder
10-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi
What classes of Buggy's will be allowed during this weekends SCT meeting please, are the number of buggy's limited etc.

Dudders
10-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi

2wd and 4wd 1/10th only.

Limited to 20 buggies (two heats).

Priority of racing will be give to those just doing buggies rather than both classes.

Possibility the buggy heats will be a mix of 2wd and 4wd subject to numbers.

4 rounds and 1 final for buggies.

Neil

dobber
10-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I will be there at 9am, hope thats not too late? 2wd for me, and save me a space in the comittee area please :)

Dudders
10-05-2012, 02:48 PM
I will be there at 9am, hope thats not too late? 2wd for me, and save me a space in the comittee area please :)

9.00am. What's this, reserve my space while I have a lie in? :o

Dr_UpGrade
10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
LOL... If we're doing that then... :D

Nah, I can't make it, work's been pretty pants this week, and am having to go in this w/e too, to try to make things 'better'... Am sure you'll all have a great meeting, even without me!

Have fun...:thumbsup:

dobber
10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
9.00am. What's this, reserve my space while I have a lie in? :o

I wish!!! I've got to take my lad swimming first. :o

tcboy1983
13-05-2012, 05:21 PM
great day racing was lots of fun happy with 5th in 2wd a final