oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Schumacher SupaStox GT12 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98357)

Chequered Flag Racing 11-04-2012 03:02 PM

Schumacher SupaStox GT12

See here

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Sh.../SupaStox.html

DCM 11-04-2012 04:28 PM

I think I shall be ordering one of them!!!

Chequered Flag Racing 12-04-2012 09:39 AM

Is it availble yet?

RedRC say end of April, can't see that on Schumacher site though :confused:

DCM 12-04-2012 10:46 AM

I been badgering them for months over it and been told April, got to find out if they are going to do a diff for it though.

spud31 12-04-2012 10:50 AM

Rep told us the mardave diff fits

mark christopher 12-04-2012 12:42 PM

you were too slow glen :D http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98352

Chequered Flag Racing 12-04-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 643188)

I was driving a Mardave :woot: :lol:

saw your post just after I posted here, think there was less than 5 mins between posts

Chequered Flag Racing 12-04-2012 01:06 PM

says on the web site
Quote:

Adjustable Front and Rear Ride Height
is this via shims under the front arms & rear pod?

sunbeam 12-04-2012 01:28 PM

I think the Mardave may well be dead as of about now ?

DCM 12-04-2012 03:31 PM

Not really, Mardave have a very strong following, I would think this would bring new life into the class.,

sunbeam 12-04-2012 07:28 PM

Personally, I can't see any right minded person buying a Mardave over a Schumacher. I'm sure the Schumacher will be the better car, it looks better without even turning a wheel.

I can see a glut of Mardaves going onto Ebay (maybe even mine!) I guess it will be down to the BRCA at the end of the day ??

I wounder what the Mardave responce will be to this car ??

mark christopher 12-04-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunbeam (Post 643376)
Personally, I can't see any right minded person buying a Mardave over a Schumacher. I'm sure the Schumacher will be the better car, it looks better without even turning a wheel.

I can see a glut of Mardaves going onto Ebay (maybe even mine!) I guess it will be down to the BRCA at the end of the day ??

I wounder what the Mardave responce will be to this car ??

from another forum it would apear that the schumacher is legal to compete and can do so

stegger 12-04-2012 08:53 PM

Competition is good, as said, having another car in the class can only make the class stronger.

I like Mardave, I like Schumacher. But which is best ? There's only one way to find out !!!!!................:thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing 12-04-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 643384)
from another forum it would apear that the schumacher is legal to compete and can do so

ditto from another forum

One make series for the SupaStox or Mardave?

Quote:

The essence of it is that a set of Construction Rules exist that allow any manufacturer to make a car that fits those Rules. It does not mean that all new cars have to be tested and if they are faster, rejected. The first proposal is that GT12 become a one-make class and that the Committee be empowered to make a contract with one manufacturer to embody that class with stability of specification, cost limit, etc. for a period of something like three years. That would mean that there is one car, one spec and very few mods.

oakey4 13-04-2012 12:48 PM

for me the Mardave wins hands down, would never think of getting a schumacher, but thats my thoughts.

sunbeam 13-04-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakey4 (Post 643638)
for me the Mardave wins hands down, would never think of getting a schumacher, but thats my thoughts.

Why do you think that ?

jaythewarrior 15-04-2012 11:33 AM

Car looks good, but will choose a Mardave, and before someone asks why?> because mardave is a mardave. this shuey car looks like a 12th pan with shorter rear wheels. no doubt it might out perform a Dave, but it should have its own class, if you ask me its too much time spent on car that already exists, i could put a Mardave axel in my CRC and call it a 12th superstox. i'm quite diassapointed in Schumacher, they give us great stuff and new thinking but this seems like a 12 year old boy who just copied his mate on a maths test at school. (cough BMI 12th)

Dave Dodd 15-04-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaythewarrior (Post 644201)
Car looks good, but will choose a Mardave, and before someone asks why?> because mardave is a mardave. this shuey car looks like a 12th pan with shorter rear wheels. no doubt it might out perform a Dave, but it should have its own class, if you ask me its too much time spent on car that already exists, i could put a Mardave axel in my CRC and call it a 12th superstox. i'm quite diassapointed in Schumacher, they give us great stuff and new thinking but this seems like a 12 year old boy who just copied his mate on a maths test at school. (cough BMI 12th)

tbh most companies copy each other to a certain extent..
to me the mardaves just remind me of the good old days when they were chucked together in the shed, schumacher have just brought it up to date ..

Personnally i like the new superstox :D
tempted to get one for next winter to race against tamiya m06's and put a ford anglia shell on it :thumbsup:

mark christopher 15-04-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaythewarrior (Post 644201)

:confused::confused::confused:
so this does not look like a pan car?

http://s4db7d0eddc5f2.img.gostorego....6e95/1/_/1.jpg

dont see why both can not run side by side, hell how many 2wd buggies are now mid motor!!

jaythewarrior 15-04-2012 07:56 PM

Oh dont get me wrong the Shuey Car looks great, and yeah the dave does have a pancar style to it. i think the Shuey will out perform the Daves, i think thats the reason it shouldnt run together, it getting its out class i believe from what i here. it just seems to be trying to hard for a simple class of racing.