Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 17-11-2008
Mad Member

Default Regionals 09

proberly a long way of yet, but when will we know the tracks/dates of the regionals for 2009?

Also how we book in?

Many Thanks
Paul
Old 17-11-2008
oOple Advertiser

Dates dont usually get decided until January some time mate, we will again offer our online booking in system for use as we have now for the past few seasons.....

Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 17-11-2008
Mad Member

thanks Darren, im hooked after yesterday at MK GP. Want more buggy racing in my area!

does the same apply for nationals?

Paul
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Any ideas of dates yet? want to make sure nothing else gets booked on the sates before hand!

Paul
Old 21-01-2009
Mad Member

Not yet, but possibly soon, will posted in this forum and possibly first on the Mid-South forum on the DMS site at: http://www.modelcarclub.co.uk/ will keep you posted if I can

(now the National dates are sorted the regional dates can be)
Old 21-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

The dates are all sorted (I have them here on my desk from the regional meeting last week) but we are struggling to get any sense or communication with one of the clubs to confirm whether their dates are OK or not (cough Pidge cough).

Once these two are confirmed or changed around I will post up the full calendar on here, DMS Model Car Club and the Results site with the Online booking in too......
Old 27-01-2009

Default Regionals

Hi Darren, Looks like me and Dan will be doing the regionals in your area this year as there is very little intrest in the east of england
Also where is there truck racing in the south of england , as Dan is keen to get his X60 built and hit the track???

East Anglian ramp construction guru......Wiggles
Old 28-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

All our dates and confirmed venues should be out in the next week or so, so be patient guys, we are nearly there.

You will be able to run trucks at all rounds of our regionals this year, since we have planned an open class for each of the eight rounds!!!!
Old 05-02-2009
Mad Member

Any idea when dates will be released?
Old 12-02-2009
Mad Member

Any idea of dates yet, running out of weekends!!

Paul
Old 12-02-2009

I will ask Keith at Stotfold on Sunday if we don't hear before then
Old 13-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

I do have all the dates here but they are still to be confiremd, what has held us up is that no-one from CML Raceway (Pidge) arrived at the regional meeting to do the dates etc, we set out the dates and assigned venues to them and gave CML a 2 and 4 wd round which we had to get approval on. It now turns out that they will not be wanting to run any this year at all (their choice) so we have tried to get clubs to fill in for them on the dates.

We will be running one of their rounds at Parmiters Sports Centre (indoor), it is "likely" to be a 2wd round on the 19th April and the first round of the series. This date has been confirmed tonight at last with the sports centre who have had to cancel bookings in order to accomadate us so we can put on this meeting, which will be forwarded on to Keith first thing in the morning.

The other date is going to be run by the Newbury club at thier indoor venue too.

So the "provisional" calendar for the Mid South looks like this-

2wd
Round 1 - DMS (Watford) - April 19th
Round 2 - Silverstone - May 17th
Round 3 - Stotfold - July 12th
Round 4 - Swindon - July 26th

4wd
Round 1 - Swindon - April 26th
Round 2 - Stotfold - June 7th
Round 3 - Newbury - June 28th
Round 4 - Silverstone - August 23rd

But PLEASE I cannot stress enough, these are still provisional and will be confirmed hopefully by the weekend and I will start a fresh thread on here with all the dates.
They will be entered on to our DMS Online Booking Facilty for use when official also and entries can then be made.
Old 13-02-2009
Mad Member

Great Darren, nice to see some dates. Will miss CML, Jordan loves that track. Silverstone will have some work to do I expect and may be looking for a hand.
Shame Newbury indoor cannot swap with the Swindon date (imo), we have had some wet meetings in Swindon at the start of the year. Newbury has the feel of outdoor for me, can get quite cold inside and good range of jumps & track layout, always well run, they have a buggy meeting on Sunday 22nd if anyone wants a taster. (look in the General race chat section)
And back to DMS at Parmiters, is that the big hall I remember with the high viewing position, be like returning to an old friend.
Of course Swindon and Stotfold are know quantities, scrub up some yellow spikes for dry sunny astro days.
Mick
Old 13-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to ryan

Looks to be a good range of tracks on there! Newbruy indoor should make a really good venue. Am glad they are spread out throughout the year and not 2wd then 4wd at the end of the year.

Shame about CML, it will be missed!

Just looked at the calendar, well done on sorting those dates out. They work out really well and should give a really good series once again!
Old 13-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

We tried our hardest at the meeting but it was difficult when (at the time) only two clubs were represented and only four people present at the meeting!!

But we are happy with the outcome as it has turned out and will confirm ASAP