Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 19-02-2013

Default Racing Sunday the 24th feb

Hi everyone,

So it's nearly that time and it looks like there is some chance that it might not be soaking wet. Dave is away this Sunday so has asked Ian to run the show and I will try and give him a hand.

My intention is to get to the track a bit early and see what state the ground is in and maybe even have a fiddle with the layout if we need to avoid any spots.

Haven't been racing for what feels like forever so I am really looking forward to a good day where will actually have some day light past 4pm..

I will have both the 2 and 4wd with me hoping that there is enough of us there to make a decent days racing.

Hope to see lots of you there and keep everything crossed that the rain/snow gods treat us kindly..
Old 19-02-2013

I'll keep an eye on the weather as there are some other things i could otherwise be doing on sunday. My car developed a whine at Stotfold which seems to be the Flux Pro motor i bought on here

If the weather is good i'll come along & hope it lasts the day, not much luck with motors lately !

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 19-02-2013

Dan, did you get the maitence kit with it when you bought it? It's got a few new shims and stuff in it? If not i have a couple kicking around from motors I have bought.
Old 19-02-2013

hi there i joined the buggy club last year but just to use the track not to race.This year i hope to race so i will be down on sunday to pay membership and hopefully have a little race but i dont think i have the right cars.
are there specific rules for cars to race? as none of my cars are classed as buggys.
Old 19-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPTH3DR1V3RS View Post
hi there i joined the buggy club last year but just to use the track not to race.This year i hope to race so i will be down on sunday to pay membership and hopefully have a little race but i dont think i have the right cars.
are there specific rules for cars to race? as none of my cars are classed as buggys.
Hi DR1VERS, the club is pretty relaxed really. People generally only tend to race buggys (although there are occasionally some random race/heats going on with trucks and other toys) however I'm sure you'll be welcome with whatever gadget you own

There are very few enforced rules, other than be fair and marshall after you've raced and you agree not to run anything Nitro on the grass.......... oh and you are required to let my 22 come past you if you are ahead of me

See you Sunday ?
Old 19-02-2013

Smile

lol only have nitro cars but they are all in good working order ready to get broken.. i guess i will see you all sunday
Old 20-02-2013

me n simon should b there
Old 22-02-2013

Well looks like it's going to be a cold but clear day.. Fingers crossed with the few dry days we have had recently the track might be resonable.
Old 22-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I will be there after all, just had to pull out of 4wd at off road wars

Just to add, boys still doing saturday so it's a long day for me , As up until a few hours ago I was planning on being away sunday so I've not set myself up to run club sunday, so it's a good idea to carry on with max and ians original plan

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 22-02-2013

I should be there, but gonna have to play it by ear on workload and how this tooth feels. Had deep root canal treatment today, and the aneasthetic has worn off couple hours ago.......not a fun game !
Old 22-02-2013

Hi all

Me and the boys should be there Sunday,
should have been at the last meeting had it not been
for afternoon football ,went to the track yesterday
for some practise,was bitterly cold and managed to break
something on all 3 buggies,however they are all
fixed now and ready to rock
Old 23-02-2013

Hi Guys, I have downloaded a free lap timing program and had a couple of mock races after a bit of a fight with the pc, You may have to bear with me a bit tomorrow while I find my feet but I will do my best!!!!

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm!"
Old 24-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

sound good, i think thats likely to be the retiming.com system, can be a bit of a head scratcher to start with.
I will be down with the horse trailer etc. I will be totally disorganised tho and will prob get up late,

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117