Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 21-08-2011

Default new to nitro

Hi guys was hoping some one can answer a few questions please?

I have a hyper 7 an old one and one of the clutch shoes has broke. I think it has the original plastic type. I have found a few on the net and they all seem to be alloy. Are these better i take it ? any help would be great thanks.

The engine i have is a l.collari innotech xs2200 .21cc Im told they are some of the best engines about or were. i cant find them anymore. Anyone know anything about them ?

Last question i wanted a good starting point for the diff oils. I was thinking 5000 in the rear 7000 in the middle and 10000 in the front ?

Im used to 1/10 electric and wanted to stiffen up the suspension so i was thinking 40w rear 35w front ?

thanks guys
Old 15-09-2011

With clutch shoes it boils down to personal preferance, some people prefer plastic and others metal. I prefer metal shoes as they have lasted longer for me.

As for diff oils on a Hyper 7 I believe the manual says 3000 in the rear, 7000 in the center & 5000 up front.
Old 16-09-2011

I remember originally making the transition to nitro ( i doing it again!!) lol!

First up ya tend to find that with alloy shoes you need higher revs to get them to bite, so ideally you are further into the power range when it takes off, also clutch springs can make a big difference too, i used to run Hong Nor alloy shoes all the time, and the 0.9 springs on short tracks and 1.2 springs on long tracks if you use the plastic shoes they bite in earlier which can cause hesitation which leads into other things giving you grief, personal choice i guess

as Nigel said a good base is 5000-7000-3000 or if ya wanna try a bit more aggressive try 8000-10000-1000 worked awesome in my 8.5

www.bedworthRC.com
www.cmcc-online.com
www.ardentracing.com
www.jcracingproducts.co.uk

My Trader Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46608