Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 13-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default 2WD Super Confusion!

Ok, so I race on a variety of tracks, example in the last 2 weeks I have raced on:

Low bite dirt
Sugared dirt
Super high bite dirt (slick tires)

In theory to maximize chances do I now "need" a different car on each surface. Obviously not really need but a different car suited to each surface, eg rear motor low bite, conventional mid motor for sugared track, and then the forward motor for high bite!?

Is this not a bit nuts!?
Old 13-12-2013
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

a mid motored car will work on each of them surfaces - however it depends how competitive you want to be and if you feel the other chassis will be of any benefit to your skill outfit.
Old 13-12-2013

It kind of is a bit nuts, but then very understandable at the same time. there will be an optimum weight balance for each track. SO maybe a different car layout is called for, that does not mean you cant optimize a non optimal car for a track. Its like everything, you have to make the best of whats available to you.

If you are at the top of your game and the extra inch of grip will make the difference to you, then yes you probably need to look at getting different cars for different types of track. like the 3 available from schumacher.

But if you are a club racer who just wants to pit your best against others then you just need to pick a car and work with what you have.

I have no doubt that the likes of bloomfield could put any of the 3 schumacher cars in the top 10 of any national track.

The rest of us, we just buy a car and make it as good as its going to be.