Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 26-08-2012
Mad Member

Default Optional parts req for B4.1 Vega gen 2????

Morning!
Just a quicky as thinking of trying one of these out instead of c4.1!

Can someone give me the heads up on what optional parts are available from team extreme for the Vega gen 2.

Or if theres anything else worth buying from other suppliers that would be ace also!

Thans guys
Old 26-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That's the thing dude, there is no options!

It's all there, just buy the conversion and build it up!

I would personally use new idlers (you get 1 in kit) and a new diff gear and you'll have a nice fresh gearbox.

Xtreme sell the machines idlers so order one when you order your kit, if you want put in the new Twin Track diff gear they sell too, be nice!

I think Lee Martin runs a brass bulk head at times so you could try this on the B4.1 Vega but that's about it, don't think the team guys run much weight.

Then ask Danny McGee for some set ups and happy days!

www.rccarshop.co.uk

Last edited by MHeadling; 26-08-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Details
Old 26-08-2012

Running a Vega 4.1 since the start of 2012 indoors and out and it works great as standard. I have always used a brass front bulkhead, as usual RPM ballcups and recently switched to Durango big bore springs which made a big difference.

The only other thing I have just done is to change to the Avid carbon rear hub towers after constantly popping off rear outer ballcups at a national round run at an 8th scale track, as standard the rear camber links run at a pretty extreme angle and the carbon bits combined with some spacers under the inner ball studs help to straighten them out which should make it harder to pop them off. Never had the issue before I have to say so really the car has been bulletproof as standard.
Old 26-08-2012

I've driven a 4.1 vega before Gaz and despite what people say about the kyosho being best i think with a little set-up work from Mcgee the 4.1 will easily be as good as any of the others. Weight wise in the 4.1 i'm not sure but i've always ran full rudebits weightkit in my rb5 vega as i found when i ran the same weight as kev lee and the like used to run the car was no faster than with the full weight kit it just felt like it wanted to roll over all the time. So i'd ask around but i think weight kit will be a good start. Also i've been running the twin track in the diff since the beginning of silverstone national and it seems super smooth and should make the diff plates last longer!

KYOSHO

KYOSHO - TEAM ORION POWERED - NOVAROSSI - CUSTOM BLITZ