Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 17-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Entry fees

I know I didnt attend the agm before anyone says it but I though this could be worthy of a little discussion on a public forum to gauge peoples OPINIONS

Entry fees in the WRCA seem pretty much set at £10 per class per meeting, is there a reason for it ? Just seems expensive as its the same price as a national meeting
Old 17-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I can answer that one, thats what got voted in at the AGM, so we are stuck with it for 12 months, and I know people don't want to hear it, but if you don't like it, turn up, propose and vote, I did state at the AGM, that if we were running national class meetings, on national class tracks, with big entries, then £10 per class (£5 for juniors) was acceptable, but personally felt a more realistic price was £6 per class. As I was the only one who thought that was a good idea, it didn't get through.
Old 17-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I can answer that one, thats what got voted in at the AGM, so we are stuck with it for 12 months, and I know people don't want to hear it, but if you don't like it, turn up, propose and vote, I did state at the AGM, that if we were running national class meetings, on national class tracks, with big entries, then £10 per class (£5 for juniors) was acceptable, but personally felt a more realistic price was £6 per class. As I was the only one who thought that was a good idea, it didn't get through.
Its a fact of life at the moment that things are getting a little more expensive. When you start to factor in the cost of land and equipment to maintain a track I think its fair we charge a fair price for entry for the clubs to benefit. If these regionals carry on being treated as national events then expect to pay a national price. If you want to stay at your club week in week out fair enough, then pay your club fees and be happy. I dont know anywhere that charges less than a tenner for any event these days and the summer nitro series that most of Talywain race at is £12 a round.
Old 17-06-2010

On a sidenote...personally i think £10 for running a 2nd class is over the top especially as last year running a 2nd class was an additional £5
Apparantly this was voted in at the agm (which i did attend) but i cant remember it being agreed...maybe i was asleep or munching on a spam sarnie
Losi 8ight 2.0 B e...in the making...Completed!!...sold
Caldicot Car Club
GNR Christmas bash winner 2009/2010 lol
Old 17-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr racer View Post
On a sidenote...personally i think £10 for running a 2nd class is over the top especially as last year running a 2nd class was an additional £5
Apparantly this was voted in at the agm (which i did attend) but i cant remember it being agreed...maybe i was asleep or munching on a spam sarnie
I thought the 2nd class for £5 still applied? but then again I have no intentions of doing a second class as I cant control my 1 entry as it is so I probably fell asleep or was eating at the AGM too...
Old 17-06-2010

All the ME regionals i've attended this year have been £8

Old 17-06-2010

it was proposed by Matt and seconded by Steve Axon...

A national is £10 an entry, we are not running to national level, so why should we pay national fee's is my attitude. We need to encourage people to attend the regionals, if they perceive them as too expensive (and as far as I am concerned, for outdoors, £10 is), then there will be lots who won't attend, let alone run a second class.
Old 18-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
I know I didnt attend the agm before anyone says it but I though this could be worthy of a little discussion on a public forum to gauge peoples OPINIONS
Mikey, you are quite right about the electrics not being represented at the AGM, but I see all this debate being good as it is likely to generate a higher turnout at the next AGM.

Prior to the next AGM surely we need to have these discussions and get a better understanding of what the clubs need, what the racers want and how to make sure we still have fun playing with our TOY cars!
Old 18-06-2010

Mikey, it is a BRCA sanctioned event, and where we have some leeway on rules, some rules we don't, like track fencing, marshall safety etc. If you were to have an accident in the pits, i.t. a car launching off the up ramp coming in to fuel, and you didn't have your hi-vis vest on, then you won't get an insurance claim. That comes from the BRCA, not the WRCA.

If people are unhappy with the fee's, then you have to raise this point, put proposals in. We all want the same thing, the WRCA to flourish, just we all got to push in the same direction.
Old 18-06-2010

I think it should definately be cheaper to do a second class, that way you might get more people doing both. Also, it would be interesting to see what other regions are charging so as to stay in line with them.
Old 18-06-2010

other regions charge between £6-8
Old 18-06-2010

there you have it then. Answer solved
Old 19-06-2010

Quote:
Mikey, it is a BRCA sanctioned event, and where we have some leeway on rules, some rules we don't, like track fencing, marshall safety etc. If you were to have an accident in the pits, i.t. a car launching off the up ramp coming in to fuel, and you didn't have your hi-vis vest on, then you won't get an insurance claim. That comes from the BRCA, not the WRCA.
You seem to be mis informed on the subject of insurance. Vis vests are a requirement at BRCA rallycross nationals, as we are not running nationals then its not a requirement for insurance. Not wearing one doesn't invalidate any insurance claims made and that is from the BRCA not my imagination kindly confirmed by Jim Spencer.

We are straying slightly off topic here....
Old 19-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Mikey, are you on the WRCA Committee?

If not, you should be..I bet they'd appreciate your help.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 19-06-2010

Mike, I would STRONGLY advise you to read and digest your section rules (8th RallyCross), section 11, para [n]

Quote:
[n] A maximum of two mechanics per driver will be allowed in the pit lane to assist
with repairs, refuelling, etc. All mechanics in the pit lane will be required to wear
luminous yellow jackets/bibs so that they are equally visible on the track as
marshals.
If you do not adhere to the rules laid down, in the BRCA handbook, if an incident happens, the Public Liability Insurance is null and void, as you have not conformed to the rules you have agreed to, when entering the meeting.

This is what really pisses me off, people say we are running a National quality meeting, yet people wish to pick and choose which bits of the handbook we use. I mean, I could pick apart meetings, disect them where they fail to meet the rules and regulations, but it still comes down to the fact, that if clubs just followed what is in the handbook, then that would be half the battle.
Old 19-06-2010

*sigh* typical "lalala i'm not listening so i'll quote the rule book..." response...

You earlier said:-

Quote:
I contacted Jim Spencer... My original email is below his response.

=============================

Hi Michael

No it doesn't, the requirements at Nationals can and do vary from section to section and class to class and definatly when compared to club meetings.

Best regards

Jim

---- Michael Green <me at some email .com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>
>
> Can you answer me a simple question please. In Rallycross nationals
> you are required to wear a High Vis Jacket in the pit lane and general
> track area such as marshalling. Does this mean that the insurance
> provided by the BRCA is invalid if a High Vis jacket is not used in
> the pit lane at local regional events and club days?
>
>
>
> Much appreciated
>
>
>
> Mike

===========================

Like I said we are off the original subject now but lets not let that get in the way of a good argument....
Old 19-06-2010

OK, take it up with the Chairman, and the 8th PRO Rep, and come back to me with what they say, as I am darn sure they will say exactly what I have said. Or should we all run meetings in the ilk of the 810 series?
Old 19-06-2010

With respect guys, while im sure this is an important point to find out & clarify at somepoint soon, it seems to be sliding away somewhat from the original point of the thread... ?

Cant we just get everyone talking again about their general views on WRCA Regional entry costs and leave the individual details until the AGM, or at least keep it to different thread ?