Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 17-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to Garry
Default RC Heroes

Do you remember that feeling you got when you got to your first 'big' meeting and saw the famous names you'd read about in the magazines? Guys that were simply EPIC on track?

Does that feeling still exist now? Do you go to your mates/WAGs and say ''Corr, look, its him....its HIM!!! Wow!''?

Who were your RC heroes?
Old 17-12-2009

Never meet these guys but it always was Masami Hirosaka and Jeff Halsey when I was a young boy....long time ago.
Old 17-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was lucky in that Rory Cull lived just up the road from me as did Nick Marson so I got to meet lots of drivers 'back in the day'.

I think the one that stuck in my mind the most though was watching Jamie Booth running his Manta Ray at one of the Malvern Indoor meetings Worcester Buggy Club used to put on ... that was an awesome display of skill and he was comfortably fastest all day. Jamie turned out to be one of the nicest most friendly blokes ever too which was great!
Old 17-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sometimes its better not to meet your 'heroes' I find.
In the mags they all look great, but in real life it isnt always like that.

Saying that though, Craig Drescher is one of the nicest blokes ive ever met and a true gent. Approachable, nice to talk to, helpful and friendly.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 17-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Sometimes its better not to meet your 'heroes' I find.
In the mags they all look great, but in real life it isnt always like that.
Is that because of Stiles...? Ha Ha

Anyway, there's a chap that's just come back to racing at EPR after a near 20 year break was my hero when I was a youngster (he knows who he is!). Bit embarassing now telling him that...

My first ever big race meeting was a BRCA 2wd national at my local track in 1989.
I bought an RC10 in a shoe box for £20 so I could race.
Was in the bottom final and popped a steering ball joint - Jamie Booth fixed it and I even won the final Still have the trophy somewhere...
Don't think I spoke to him on the day, wish I had but I make up for it with the grief I give him now - top bloke.
Old 17-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think that I have met most of my heroes through Wez. I owe Wez a debt of gratitude. Hes my RC hero

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 17-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Anyway, there's a chap that's just come back to racing at EPR after a near 20 year break was my hero when I was a youngster (he knows who he is!). Bit embarassing now telling him that...
Mr Moore by any chance? I rememebr when he came down to the Herne Bay club when he first had a Pred. It sounded like a bag of spanners going round, but Damn was it quick!!
He was the first "National A Finalist" driver i ever met.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 18-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Is that because of Stiles...? Ha Ha

My first ever big race meeting was a BRCA 2wd national at my local track in 1989.
I bought an RC10 in a shoe box for £20 so I could race.
Was in the bottom final and popped a steering ball joint - Jamie Booth fixed it and I even won the final Still have the trophy somewhere...
Don't think I spoke to him on the day, wish I had but I make up for it with the grief I give him now - top bloke.

That must be Andy Langdon then, if its the same one I remember. I remember watching him with his Yok Dogfighter at Medway...super accurate. I must have been about 11...so it was a long time ago. Always did wonder why he ran it with ride height = zero though. Wonder if he still does that haha! Am I right?
Old 17-12-2009

Default Hero's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex H View Post
Never meet these guys but it always was Masami Hirosaka and Jeff Halsey when I was a young boy....long time ago.

Met Masami and Raced against him ! His dad was ace hardly any English back then just knodded to every question ! EPIC !

As for the Others Living near Jamie meant him wipping my butt every club meeting ! Dresh is a cool guy and my sister fancied him like mad. As they all did. "Explains the obsesion with TAKE THAT "

Hopefully this weekend at Worksop gonna probably be my one chance to kick Jamie's arse !!!!

Met Adam Drake and LOL actually beat him LOL he broke !! at the Nova Rossi GP.

I would love to meet Gil LOSI !

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "