Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-09-2008

Default Question about Carbon Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolio View Post
I think you've come onto the post a bit late dimblum, or perhaps I was a bit non-specific. I've already got a 3Racing mount and true it is very nice, especially for the price I paid from Stella back in January. The "but" is - as I learnt from DCM's post a page back - you can't bolt the Tamiya plate type heatsink to it (when using the carbon chassis). It's only got one hole missing and I suppose if I had the tools to drill and tap it I could but I don't so I can't .
Thanks for the update Spoolio. I wasn't aware of the difference between the 3Racing and Tamiya Motor Mount when it comes to the Carbon chassis.

Maybe you can help with another question I had about the Carbon chassis. I noticed that it simulates other 4WD chassis by having open slots under the battery mount and the motor. Is this design for better cooling (hence the optional Motor Heat sink plate sold by Tamiya)? I'm actually more fond of the sealed chassis design to protect the battery on off-road tracks. I never had a problem with batteries heating up during runs, so I never figured out why it's exposed underneath.