Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default KK2

Col - one for you this

I swopped out my esc's on my 450 the other day to the new SimonK Afro ones. In the graden it seemed fine - so I took it out. A few mins into the flight, I punched out from the low to high altitude and the 450 just died and came hurtling back to the ground - Thankfully as I desperately tried to throttle up, it came back to life and I managed to settle it before hitting the ground.

On reviewing the video from the keychain, you can see the motors stop - the quad drop, then a beep as I guess it powers up the board again and I catch it Not happy.

So - ive bought one of these to power the KK2 instead : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28160

Questions (Col )

Should I set it as 5V or 6V
I know the KK2 gets power for the flight controller / receiver through M1. As this is a switching BEC (the esc's are linear) will it be ok to plug the BEC into M1 along with the M1 signal wire and leave all the other esc's in M2,3,& 4 with their liner BEC's still enabled?

Also - i've read the KK can be powered from the receiver if the BEC is plugged into the receiver, does this then only power M1, or the whole lot - thing is I want to add servos for my gimbal onto M7 and M8 so the second rail needs power.

Anyway - Col - be careful with the Afro's - i'm a bit worried now, not going to fly itagain until I have an external BEC wired in.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk