Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-09-2015

Default Autumn/Winter Series

A little quiet last night but plenty of grip and a nice flowing track led to some great racing for both TC & Buggy classes with Paul getting better and better with his buggy.

I’d like to thank Pikey for one of the closest races I’ve ever had in the TC class in leg 1 of the final. Starting on pole with Pikey in 2nd the lead changed 3 times in the first 2 laps, each time with very robust but fair overtakes involving a bit of door rubbing leaving Pikey leading the race on lap 3. Despite being quicker I just couldn’t pass him and spent the full remainder of the race glued to his rear bumper, Pikey pulling a few car lengths on the straight, but my midway through the infield holding me up.

I just banked on the pressure getting to him and him making a mistake so full credit to him for holding out for a full 17 laps, being almost pushed through the corners, to take leg 1 win.

Brilliant driving Richie!!!! And cheers for an cracking race J

Hopefully see a few more cars back on track nest week, no excuses at the nights are getting dark, the weather worse and no Newcastle match on TV next Monday!

Also a potential new racer (ex 1/8th) along for a look – hope to see you back with a car soon Chris

See you all there nest week