Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2016

Default MB Models Raceway. views/comments

After a very successful club meeting followed by a great Winter series meeting, and facing a two week break before the next meeting, I thought it might be an opportune time for reflection...
What are people's views on the facilities, track, carpet, layout etc...?
Personally, I think that the facilities are second to none. Arguably the track is just a little "tight".? The carpet gives great grip, but does that grip, everywhere, lead to more aggressive driving than a track with slippy sections.? I found the mini dart tyres to be excellent but one driver has commented that he wore his set out on the day..? One driver commented that he didn't like the full carpet surface..? My, personal, only complaint would be concerning the track layout being "permanent".The open practice day on the Saturday, together with, I think, 3previous sessions, allowed some drivers to put in umpteen laps compared to those of us with less available time, further from the track giving them a great advantage. I know that the track is open for all to use but it is not possible for some of us. Should the practice day, before a big meeting continue.?
Is there any possibility of the track layout being changed.?
Interested to hear any bodies comments.
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds