Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 31-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default First generation X6 upgrades ?

I have the very first generation X6 and am thinking of upgrading it.
Which upgrade pack is the best value ? I saw there is one with and one without the chassis. Do I need the chassis ?
Also what is the benefit of the 4 gear transmission. Does the 4 gear mean you need to run the motor/speedo in reverse or anything like that ?
Lastly which rear axles are best and where to get them and is there anything else that's a must have.
In fact would i be as well to just by the squared kit ?
Cheers.
Andy

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 01-09-2009
Mad Member

Andy, you have two options. First, make your original into a 4-gear. This will turn the motor around, but the motor still spins in the normal direction and is wired the normal way. For this, check with DMS to see if they have any 4-Gear Upgrade Kits left. If D.M.S. has one of those Upgrade Kits, this is the least expensive way. If not, Darren can sort you on which parts you need to buy, but option two is probably better than buying individual parts.

Second option is to upgrade to the Squared. We did not make an Upgrade Kit because it's about 90% new parts, so just get a Squared and convert your original. All Squareds are 4-Gear.

The #5660 long axles are usually a good thing, along with Losi #3016 spacers or something similar.

There is much discussion on other threads about the axles, the Squared Conversion, and, if I remember correctly, the UpGrade Kits if you look far enough back. And there are several threads about which hop-up parts you "need."

We say you don't need any other parts, but the axles are good on many tracks. If you are in U.K., the E-Speed camber link extenders are often useful -- that's why Ellis designed them!

All this is available from D.M.S. or any of the fine model shops who buy from them.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 01-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into it. Cheers chazz

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk