Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 26-02-2010

Default Need Parts? Check with MB Models first.

I needed a few CVD drive pins that have fallen to bits, and a couple of bearings. Team Durango UK cant do next day delivery unless they receive order before 12 I have been told. I sent an order at 2:50, spoke to Durango, and they said they wouldnt be there next day, even though they were charging £6 postage, I cancelled my order.
I called MB on the off-chance, after receiving excellent service from them in the past, not only did they have the parts I was after, the postage was 50p (i think they forgot to charge me for it as well) I placed the phone call at 4pm, the parts were here next day, meaning my order was £6 instead of £12!!!!

Give them a try.. www.rccarshop.co.uk

Durango, please can you not look at offering service like this?
Old 26-02-2010

I have also ordered Durango parts from MB models and was very pleased with delivery time and price...parts came next day!

www.wbmcc.com
Old 26-02-2010

Bet they didnt cost £6 to get there either
Old 26-02-2010

Nope.......I ordered other stuff too and delivery was only a £1!!

www.wbmcc.com
Old 26-02-2010

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4pete View Post
I needed a few CVD drive pins that have fallen to bits, and a couple of bearings. Team Durango UK cant do next day delivery unless they receive order before 12 I have been told. I sent an order at 2:50, spoke to Durango, and they said they wouldnt be there next day, even though they were charging £6 postage, I cancelled my order.
I called MB on the off-chance, after receiving excellent service from them in the past, not only did they have the parts I was after, the postage was 50p (i think they forgot to charge me for it as well) I placed the phone call at 4pm, the parts were here next day, meaning my order was £6 instead of £12!!!!

Give them a try.. www.rccarshop.co.uk

Durango, please can you not look at offering service like this?
Hi Pete,
I spoke to you on MSN about this. The Fed Ex guy picks up at 3pm ish everyday. That's our chosen method of delivery direct from Team Durango.
Royal mail is unreliable at best and they don't offer great insurance. Special deivery is only upto £500 and still only next day if posted before your PO shuts.
Model shops who stock TD stuff will offer better small parts service which is where they'll pick up the 'loose' end we can't currently offer. Much better for us to let the model shops do what they are more geared up for, small personal orders.
We can then deal with the shops and EU distributors better.
If people buy direct from us, they usually order a 'large' amount of bits which covers the £6 postage.
Thumbs up to MB on their postage!

I bought a bodyshell recently from another hobby store which charged £6 postage. The box had £2.30 on it.

Remember at the moment we are only a small company and are using methods which allow a fast and secure service to our customers.