Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 07-04-2010

Thanks for the translations guys

I've just sold my B4 to get something a bit different (won't mention what), but I can't help but get excited by this.
Old 07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertini View Post

What I really like about the car is it uses the same parts most of us Durga/501x/511 drivers have already.
That's probably the best feature, second is the side guards, they really give the car extra protection from impacts.
(I might have miscalculated the guards as that looks like velcro used to help keep the body secure.)
Third best feature, is the quick release battery tray. now can the tranny hold up to todays powerful brushless motors..
Only one thing is a track test video and I'm sold!!
Old 07-04-2010
Mad Member

Id say the tranny has been designed with brushless in mind, therefore pretty bulletproof IMO.

lee
Old 07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo View Post
Ofurodobagi

TRF touwildrivu ofurodobagi, itadakimasu!

Curious if the production version will have the blue titanium turnbuckles as stated.
But i guess they'll have to bring out the TRF colors somewhere.

Old 07-04-2010

I run dean connectors on all my cars, even my bashers have deans on them. I really hate tamiya connectors, they get hot very fast and melt
together....I really doubt pro drivers run tamiya connectors...
Old 07-04-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed
Thumbs up

I know there are a lot of people screaming that it "steals" from the B4, but looking at the chassis enlarged in Photoshop, there is a LOT of Losi XXX and Kyosho RB5 in this car.

Seems to be that they took the neatest features from all of the 2wd cars out there and put them all together.

Looks good to me. Just leave it on the market for more than 6 months, and I'll buy one.
Old 07-04-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B44&501xRacerEX View Post
What I really like about the car is it uses the same parts most of us Durga/501x/511 drivers have already.
That's probably the best feature, second is the side guards, they really give the car extra protection from impacts.
(I might have miscalculated the guards as that looks like velcro used to help keep the body secure.)
Third best feature, is the quick release battery tray. now can the tranny hold up to todays powerful brushless motors..
Only one thing is a track test video and I'm sold!!
B-Mag at his best - legend
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
I’ve decided to actually do something useful for the site and put my linguistic skills to full use here. I wonder how many places my translation will get used...

Anyways here is the info on the site

New 2WD Off Road Buggy (prototype name)
Due in June, Planned Retail price 34,800
Production of the 2WD prototype buggy confirmed!

Despite using a conservative rear end motor layout, the transmission case and chassis design has been designed using TRF know-how to create a high end 2WD buggy

The transmission case (gearbox), which is key to a 2WD buggy has 3/32” inch ball x 12 diff, 2.6mm diff screw and new design thrust bearing. Diff carrier, gear teeth and ball hole design have were particular areas of attention, giving long term performance.

Main chassis has vertical battery layout, with glass reinforced nylon for high strength and light weight. Chassis roll has been optimised using reaction and split line as well as material factors. Side skids have been designed to prevent raising centre of gravity whilst delivering optimum performance.

Other features include aeration damper with HL coated cylinders, titanium coated piston rods, Teflon guides, Teflon seal ball bearing, turnbuckles are blue titanium, WO type Universal shafts.

Well thats about all I could make of it. I do like th eprice. If it does retail for 35000 yen, that means the actual shop price could be something like 25000-30000 making the car about £175-£220 even with the current crappy exchange rate.

I certainly want one but wish they would find a way to put the 3mm balls in the diff like all the other TRF cars. I guess the diff is too small for that?
Hmm, I'll be very surprised if the turnbuckles, cylinders and bearings make it into the standard production car, have you seen how much it costs to upgrade a 511 to that spec? Sounds like a lot of wasted revenue!?
Old 07-04-2010

When are the Japanese going to cotton to the fact that the rest of the world has moved on from torch batteries? Surely the promo shots should have lipo in them!
Old 07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyP View Post
When are the Japanese going to cotton to the fact that the rest of the world has moved on from torch batteries? Surely the promo shots should have lipo in them!
Tamiya doesn't do lipo and they only use their products in production photos. Best they've got is 6.6v LiFe...
Old 08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyP View Post
The connectors were my main concern, not the shotgun style packs.
Old 08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
I know there are a lot of people screaming that it "steals" from the B4, but looking at the chassis enlarged in Photoshop, there is a LOT of Losi XXX and Kyosho RB5 in this car.

Seems to be that they took the neatest features from all of the 2wd cars out there and put them all together.
It looks nothing like a B4. It looks like a car that has molded parts
in classy tamiya plastic. The prototype probably had AE shock towers
with losi bulkheads and RB5 A-arms. The production car wont be
anything like the prototype. GLASS re-inforced nylon....hum..
Old 08-04-2010

Send a message via AIM to AaronR

The prototype DOES NOT have RB5 arms, AE towers and Losi muffler bearings. STOP posting your BS and wait for the car to come out.
Old 10-04-2010

#54210 TRF201 Body Version 1...

Think the kit comes without body and wing?

#54211 TRF201 Rear Wing Set - Rounded/Wide & Straight/Narrow (2 types alá azarashi?)
Old 10-04-2010
Mad Member

Possibly, just like the 511X...I don't like this approach for buggys, for TC it's a different issue.

Even if it was a perfect copy of the B4 + nice shocks, it would have been an option for me if it wasn't for the Cougar SV. I loved my Astute almost as much as my Cougar 2...
The B4, however, will probably be redone as well; the Factory Team SC10 will have proper shocks, so I assume that the traditional FT kits will be improved, too.
Old 12-04-2010

The kit does come without the body and wing. Here in the U.S. we are taking it upon ourselves to bundle the body and wing with the kits. This way, we do not have to rely on a distributor knowing that he needs to order a body and wing to go along with each kit they ordered.
Old 12-04-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF_AK View Post
The kit does come without the body and wing. Here in the U.S. we are taking it upon ourselves to bundle the body and wing with the kits. This way, we do not have to rely on a distributor knowing that he needs to order a body and wing to go along with each kit they ordered.

That's a really bizarre way to sell a buggy (re: Tamiya). I don't understand why they would do that. It can't possibly add that much cost to the kit or the packaging. I want the car complete, and not have to chase down wings and bodies and wheels and everything else.

The Cougar is looking better...

Glad you guys are taking a different approach in the US.
Old 12-04-2010

Quote:
As what you did with the 511, no body or wing.
As I'm thinking a Jconcepts body anyhow...I really wish
Jconcepts would make bodies for tamiya trf kits...
They make bodies for every other company but tamiya...
Maybe Jason and Brad will see this post...
Old 13-04-2010

Quote:
I'm guessing it doesn't include wheels and tires either?!?!

Either way it's pretty really silly. I can understand not including tires (like Kyosho), but wheels, body and wing is just too much.
Old 13-04-2010

As they said they are trying to get wheels and body and wing included
with the kits. I misread it the first time myself...
Im suspecting wheels will defninlty be included, just not tires.