Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 05-11-2013
Mad Member

Default looks awesome

I don't run Schumacher any more, althou I do swap a lot.

being a mainly Xray driver now, I used to love shueys.

This new 2wd from them looks amazing and similar to the other choices regarding prices, looks etc.

I think its a great new addition to the clan and some interesting features.

The shock mount covers look great IMHO.

Plenty of choices in the 2wd class and also the 4wd class.

pays your money and takes your choice.

I say priced about right.........
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 05-11-2013

People complaining about there being a new car must of just bought a sv or something.

Your also forgetting it's a business not a charity..

Looks good in imo, good to see a new chassis rather than a evolution of a old design
Old 06-11-2013

a little bit higher price than i was hoping for but am really tempted. was looking at the xfactory to replace my now really old original x6 but leaning towards this as getting parts not normally an issue with schumacer and normally good price on spares compared to others so gets a from me and now to decide what to sell to fund it
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Old 06-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm no fan of schumacher, never have been since the 1st cougar sv, vowed never to go near one again or any other car they make,I'd not even buy the tyres if I could, but thats an old story

As far as price goes TBH I don't think that are not to off the mark, RB6 is one hell of a lot of cash for a 2wd car , then you have the DB1 or errm 2 is it now I think. The teamC isn't cheep so I think they are only running with the pack, can't blame them for that.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 06-11-2013

What!!.....you need three cars now for different track conditions!!!!!...........well Schumacher etc must be rubbing there hands together....What ever happened to car set up......there taking the pi@s
Old 06-11-2013

everyone should all be grateful there's so much choice, and if not, go and design a buggy that works in all conditions, then wait for the forum whingers to have a go at you.
Old 06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
everyone should all be grateful there's so much choice, and if not, go and design a buggy that works in all conditions, then wait for the forum whingers to have a go at you.
A buggy working in all conditions,....you used to just have to change tyres!!........now its buggys!!!!...what a joke!

You'll have to buy different buggys for different temperatures next!!!
Old 06-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
What!!.....you need three cars now for different track conditions!!!!!...........well Schumacher etc must be rubbing there hands together....What ever happened to car set up......there taking the pi@s
I think anyone who races at nationals,euros,worlds etc etc and knows there way around car set up will agree that any of the three car layouts will work better depending on track grip levels etc.The best top level car is not a jack of all trades but master of non!....BUT IMO the best club car is
The big problem for a schumacher driver will be getting to realy know each of the cars as you would realy need to do many many hours with each car to get to know it well, so thus if you are running high grip astro for one meeting, then low grip dirt grass the week after you could find changing chassis all the time a disadvantage against a fellow racer who runs one car and realy knows it set up and driving style like the back of his hand.

Schumacher are offering the best cars for each surface, but NO this is not what a hard working cash strapped club racer wants to see they are going to have to make the choice of which one to go for.......If it were me I'd avoid the lot and by an RB6

I hate schumacher,but I don't understand why people are slating them for making 3 cars for three diffrent situations......so if they made one car that was crap in low,medium and high grip situation that would be great and everyone would be happy?

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 06-11-2013

One thing I would say is will we really need this much choice?. After the worlds that have just past and with them using sugar on the track nearly everybody was running mid cars so if every euro's and worlds does the same from now on rm may become obsolete!!!!.

What do you guys think
Old 06-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy View Post
One thing I would say is will we really need this much choice?. After the worlds that have just past and with them using sugar on the track nearly everybody was running mid cars so if every euro's and worlds does the same from now on rm may become obsolete!!!!.

What do you guys think
I think rm will still be strong in the US and the rest of the world, From what I have been told by those who have raced in the us rm will suit most club tracks, But I do think we will see more companies making individual kits dedicated for rear or mid, I think the DB1 style will be very uk or indoor car for high grip. Intresting to see the motor position in the cars winning at storm valley at the min

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 06-11-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

ill put money on the 2015 euros will be dominated by rear motor cars...
Old 06-11-2013

I say good on schumacher, everybody races on direrent serfaces and run on different budgets, if you dont like the car then dont buy it, i personaly wont be due to my budget wont let me, but if it did i would. as the tracks arround me are high grip
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
ill put money on the 2015 euros will be dominated by rear motor cars...
I wouldnt put too much money on that Mark. James told me he was thinking of the sugar idea for RHR Dirt last time I spoke to him.

NB- not saying he will do it but you never know
Old 06-11-2013

Some people in here may slate Schumacher for this car but I think good on them for testing and trying out new ideas, if this didn't happen wouldn't we still be racing gold tubs?
I'm not sure these type of cars are just for mega high traction though, at our 1st round of the winter championship at Torch last Sunday Kev Lee dominated with his new TM2 (2nd time out with this buggy) on a wet and greasy track. To be honest his car looked dialled from the get go and beat many fast guys with conventional mid motor cars. The DB1 struggled in the wet but the DB2 seems to have resolved this issue, and these are cars that have no front/rear torque reaction from the motor, whilst the KF should shifts it's weight to the rear as the motor spins in the same direction as the wheels, like the SX3 did. And you can hardly call wet astro as being high grip, at least you can't at Torch.

At the end of the day Schumacher are here to compete and need to build the cars that can win, if people don't like this new trend started by others then they should vent their anger at the BRCA for allowing such cars and not at the manufacturers that are trying to keep up.
Old 07-11-2013
Mad Member

Not sure if this is a silly question, but will this car have any resemblance to drivers who were (or still are) running their K1 2wd ?!
Old 08-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
... if people don't like this new trend started by others then they should vent their anger at the BRCA for allowing such cars and not at the manufacturers that are trying to keep up.
Ah yes, the mythical "BRCA" that decrees from on high.

If anyone wanted a rule banning them about it we have just had the AGM, where no one put in a proposal to limit what chassis were used. If anyone needs to vent their anger it should only be at themselves for not doing anything about it.
Old 08-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What will win tomorrow at Silverstone? Probably a motor-forward car. Will I be rushing to change my RB6 for one? No, why would I?

Stark reality is that the guys who will fill the top 10 places tomorrow will be there or there about with whatever they use and equally I'm not going to be causing them much trouble with whatever I use.

I personally am a fan of the idea of "declaring 1 chassis at the start of each meeting" but the reality is that doing so would mean the most important thing anybody could take racing with them would be an accurate weather forecast!

As that is unlikely to ever happen I'll continue to run my RB6 happily and watch those people who are happy to spend out on 3 separate chassis tie themselves in knots working out how to make each of them work and when to choose which. Taken me a year to get my RB6 to the point it "just works everywhere" and I for one certainly don't have the time to learn how to get the best out of 3 different 2wd cars all at once!

Run what you like, when you like and only worry about driving it the best that you can as trust me, if you are getting your car around for a full race at a consistent and solid pace you'll be as close as you are ever going to be to competeting with the superstars!
Old 08-11-2013

Smile

Just get a car thats good in all conditions

4wd
Old 08-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Stark reality is that the guys who will fill the top 10 places tomorrow will be there or there about with whatever they use and equally I'm not going to be causing them much trouble with whatever I use.

Run what you like, when you like and only worry about driving it the best that you can as trust me, if you are getting your car around for a full race at a consistent and solid pace you'll be as close as you are ever going to be to competing with the superstars!
Edited because it didn't need to be said again but how true is this. I don't think any of us need 3 cars, sure the team drivers might have 3 cars but they're probably not paying for them out of their own pockets, that's why they're sponsored and the manufacturers will be throwing things at them, why ? Because it makes people who "think" they need another car go out and spend money.

As was said earlier these people are in business to make money not run a charity. It does seem a pity we can't get one car to work on every surface but similarly all of our tracks are different, even astro to astro is different that's why it's so difficult.

F1 and Moto GP all run on tarmac, they don't have the amount of different surfaces we do, so Vettel only has one chassis as does Rossi, however they are infinitely adjustable to pamper for their racing needs. The 8th rally cross chassis's have a huge amount of adjustability too, there is only one chassis per manufacturer there but with constant improvement through the year and a host of new shock towers, chassis's and other "better" parts coming out all year long until the new year when it's all put onto the car and launched as a MkII.

The fact a lot of people are converting their 4WD's to 2WD just means it's another excuse for manufacturers to bring out more cars.

As the quote I opened this with said, it probably won't make a lot of difference to any standard sunday club racer so perhaps people are worrying about this a touch too much. If you don't want to spend extra money on a new chassis don't, there's no point in whining about it, just don't spend it. Out of 3 chassis's there are a lot of manufacturing and packaging costs, if one of these chassis's isn't selling it won't stay in production long so then there will be 2, and eventually I'm sure we'll all come full circle and there will only be 1 chassis again. It's just another "current trend" which has everyone up on their soap boxes.

My paintwork thread

Last edited by eyeayen; 08-11-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Clarifying a point
Old 08-11-2013
Mad Member

+1 for Roger's remarks - so true. Posts that will follow from those who don't want to believe the truth of all forms of motor racing - talent always rises to the top.

I still cannot believe that people are blaming everyone else for this situation when it is their buying habits that are driving manufacturers to continue to offer more choice. I doubt that I would need the fingers on one hand to count the cars that are more than two years-old at any given National. If we all keep buying the latest thing, why are we surprised when manufacturers keep updating their product line?!!!

If no one buys these cars and only buys the rear-engined ones, they will disappear. If people acknowledge Roger's unarguable fact about racing, and don't follow the top ten drivers who have the talent to extract the best from anything, then these cars would not appear. The answer to this is everyone's hands, not the BRCA's or anyone else's.

But that's not the world we live in now, is it? People do not act collectively they only act in their own self interest. You reap what you sow.

Eyeayan's closing paragraph may be nearer the mark - it will affect very few people. In the meantime, I'll get my coat...