Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 19-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok here is my veiw on this as an ex BRCA rep, The sections could easily work together, but they don't, this is not down to the sections, but down to people!!! Come on you lot, let's work together for the better of all involved!!!
Old 19-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondell View Post

My suggestion is as follows:-

The 1/8th section move its round 2 date from Sunday 8th May to Sunday 1st May

The 1/10th section move its round 4 date from weekend of 18th/19th June to weekend of 25th/26th June

without wishing to join in the for or against debate your suggestion on the 1/8 move means it will be on the royal wedding/bank hoilday weekend which may be a factor. on the face of it moving the second date may be possible, however, 1/8 round 6 and 7 have managed to clash with the 1/10 euros and 1/10 worlds!!
Old 19-12-2010

A lot of you will not have seen me post before. (the lucky ones) many of you will have . (sorry) I have stopped posting (other forums) in disgust at the way I have been treated by the BRCA as an ex BRCA and club Official.
Suffice to say I was stitched up by lies from a certain person who know who they are (I have refused for nearly 18 months to use the UK forums to let people know the truth of what has gone on)

BUT whilst this still remains true I saw this thread from Jon and know it is heartfelt and in many ways I fully understand where he is coming from.

Jon like myself calls a shovel a shovel and will undoubtedly get a bashing over this so thought he needed some support in what he is trying to achieve.

However as someone like Jon who tried their hardest to get a thriving Regional calendar in 8th rallycross as they have in 10th offroad its one hell of a task to achieve the impossible. Then throw in the weather..............and boy it will be a miracle.

For sometime I was amongst those who asked for fewer, BUT two day events to be considered in 8th rallycross, BUT the AGM spoke against it. (democracy) call it luck call it experience (yes I am old) call it what you will, but I could see the growth in rallycross dragging the current best drivers from 10th to 8th and the explosion of clubs wanting slots to all impinge on one another.

Economics are going to affect things but strangely in a recession hobbies thrive. Apparently its because people have more spare time. (less money though, and many will need local racing to be affordable and accessible) but despite what I thought better minds than mine have researched this.

Anyway (again I digress) but I feel the need to support Richard Stitson in his many years of putting together the 8th rallycross calendar and certainly in my conversations with Paul Worsley they are both well aware that clashes are not in the interests of either section. Bear in mind that for almost 18 months I have been banned by the BRCA I have no reason to stand up for them except for the fact I respect that 10th and 8th committees work hard to avoid what clashes they can and I will always stand up for the truth.

I have not even bothered looking at dates so I dont know what could be done BUT I will finish by saying that Jon and others foresaw these clashes and tried to tell you all that fewer 2 day meetings would free up more weekends..................but with worlds, euros, warmups and the many Fixed date events like Neo, Proline challenge, HongNor cup etc etc the job of getting a balanced calendar in one section let alone two is so hard I would not like to try doing it!
Old 19-12-2010

I agree with Jon,

One thing no one has mentioned yet is the fact is apart from Talywain it seems to be a northern biased venue series??

one shocker is the fact that EPR didn't get a national, I know that its south of the M25 but it has been undoubtedly the best venue this year! There will be alot of people agreeing with me on this.

With EPR being the only now ex national track in the south why have the southerners got to travel so far north for every single track?
Don't get me wrong I don't mind traveling to the great venues but it seems like the people who organised it didnt think about the racers from the south.

I know lets have all the tracks to cater for the southerners?

Silverstone,
Swindon,
Taplow,
EPR,
Stotfold,
Faversham,

I think the people of the north would be slightly anoyed??

There are alot of people who will be upset by the way things have come about.

I'm looking forward to hearing peoples comments
Old 19-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I did also notice about the location of the nationals and was also surpised to see EPR off the list.

That's an awful lot of travelling up north
Old 19-12-2010

Lots of great comments...

What I am trying to do is make awareness of the situ to all and hopefully get some good comments or support on here or to the committee. If you have an opinion, be vocal, then i can point the chairmen in this discussions direction, so that they can see what the people/racers want.

Mark C's comments are spot on. I know the co ordinating the off road sections is probably harder than the on road one (as mark pointed out there are less tracks and in most cases they are shared), but if this fails then i will try to get involved next year and get it right, as personally i want race in the 1/10th and be involved the 1/8th.

With the dates having just been released, probably earlier than ever before and with it not even being 2011, surely something can be done.

To John C, reason why the may day bank holiday is currently not being used, is that it is 1 week after Neo, which i know the 8th section help run. I ask the 8th section to move this date instead of the 10th section moving 2 dates and 8th none... Granted 2no 8th dates are clashed with 10th internationals, but the Euros one is a travel day and Neil Cragg has twice demonstrated that doing both is possible (although not without difficulties). If there are other solutions, then lets look at that... one date each moved and its sorted.

I will state it again, if each section can move 1 date then 10th racers have the chance to do all 10th races and the minimum 8th races. And then 8th racers have the chance to do all 8th races and the minimum 10th races.
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

I knew this was going to come out again!!!

Firstly, I have to say everyone has good points and bad points for dates etc... Now I totally agree to having britains finest attending both sets of nationals.
But,

If the dates were changed that would then mean two nationals in two weeks, ok for the guys who are supported. What about those who pay for everything?? Let's remember that at most there is about 15 drivers who will do both, and be able to gain entry to 10th nationals.

Then we also have the regional series, this is where the new stars come from!! Surely it will die as there will not be the support.

Personally with the amount of racing available in both classes they should both do 6 nationals each this would make things much easier. And we have booked that weekend for our silverstone event 1st may...

Lastly.... All the talk etc on here will not get the result you are looking for, email the heads of each section. Those they support you can then put there names down.

Defo needs to be changes but will it ever happen ????
Maybe a north and south series next year with national final somewhere in the middle??? Does feel it's heading that way.

Good luck
Old 19-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Then we also have the regional series, this is where the new stars come from!! Surely it will die??
why can thay not be run when the 8th nationals are on? im sure you dont set your regional dates until after the national dates are anounced
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

Mark,

Yes you could clash with the 8th nationals. But this could potentially damage the grassroots of racing more than any other!!!
There are only 8 national meetings in 10th a year. But there are many more clubs who need revenue. If those who can compete in both classes do so, this could end up being more. Which would take drivers away from supporting local clubs. Then the clubs will lose out and eventually close. These clubs rely on income to pay bills etc. Lose the clubs then we lose the sport.

I would like to see the dates sorted so they don't clash... But unless 8th reduce the number of nationals it won't happen. And I am sorry but once again it is around 15 drivers who would benefit.
Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

John mate,
I don't agree with you dude - the fact would be that MORE people would do regionals. I will explain.
Not everyone can get an entry to the Nationals as limited to 120.
Therefore racers would have to do their regionals and get a better licence to give them a chance to do the Nationals.
Also this is not about Lee, Darren, Neil and the rest of our superstar drivers we have. It's to do with the option of being able to do it as off-road racers and the BRITISH effort abroad for the year 2012 and the future.
How is it right for a driver like Darren Bloomfield not being able to complete at lets say 1/10th Worlds or visa versa with our 1/10th superstars at a 1/8th International event. This is not right at all.
If there is a back to back National then it should be up to the individuals to decide whether they want to go and NOT the BRCA.
I am all the way with Jon on this.......off road is off road and on road is that. If you are a Off-Road racer the chances are you want to do both and for that reason the BRCA HAS to review this again and do it NOW.
There are no entry forms out yet so there should be no excuse not to at least try and solve this date issue.
I for one want to race against the BEST drivers and not just some of them.
Even if I wasn't a racer I would want to see the best against each other and not the maybes of if who was and so on!!
To Trish - You are not the only one that is shocked at EPR not getting an event mate. This is not knocking any of the other clubs at all but EPR was one club that promoted the sport to the outside word and that has the potencialfor groth. Why the BRCA don't see that is beyond me. There should be a rule that a club PROMOTES the sport though TV, Radio, Newspapers and so on if a National event is gained. I've been argueing for this for years - got me in trouble before but I don't care anymore!
Lastly to John C. - The world doesn't stop because of a wedding dude - I can assure you theirs smells no different LOL
Old 19-12-2010
Mad Member

Tony my old fruit...

As I said I would like the sections to sort it out but...

I see what your saying about regionals but at some stage meetings will clash. So there will never be an increase at regionals, it will decline. This year will already see the introduction of more one off meetings in 10th just like 8th have already. These all add to the lack of weekends available.

Don't get me wrong but I would pay to see the cragg, bloomers all back in 10th, but tell me honestly how many more would benefit???
At the current situation....

If, and this is a big if... The drivers wanting to take part from 8th compete at regionals then there will be proof of the benefit. This is why at this current stage it will only benefit around 15 drivers.

There needs to be an off road meeting every year where they can set out dates, this can then be taken to the national meeting..

But as we know, nothing will be done now
Old 19-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
I agree with Jon,

One thing no one has mentioned yet is the fact is apart from Talywain it seems to be a northern biased venue series??

one shocker is the fact that EPR didn't get a national, I know that its south of the M25 but it has been undoubtedly the best venue this year! There will be alot of people agreeing with me on this.

With no national at EPR it will be extremely damaging to the club which relies on the national interest to pay its rent I know its not the BRCAs job to keep tracks running but being the only track in the south why have the southerners got to travel so far north for every single track?
Don't get me wrong I don't mind traveling to the great venues but it seems like the people who organised it didnt think about the racers from the south.

I know lets have all the tracks to cater for the southerners?

Silverstone,
Swindon,
Taplow,
EPR,
Stotfold,
Faversham,

I think the people of the north would be slightly anoyed??

There are alot of people who will be upset by the way things have come about.

I'm looking forward to hearing peoples comments

Spot on Trish.

The reason EPR didn't get a National is because the rep's didn't want to drive down M2five, five button broke haha
It has nothing to do with racing or whats best for the sport as a whole, it is to do with what is most convienent for their real car driving needs.
Like Jon Dell has said what a shame we can't all work together, oh well, what do I know, I am just a troublemaker eh??? Enough people officially complained about me this year, hence I am no longer the PRO.
Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Spot on Trish.

The reason EPR didn't get a National is because the rep's didn't want to drive down M2five, five button broke haha
It has nothing to do with racing or whats best for the sport as a whole, it is to do with what is most convienent for their real car driving needs.
Like Jon Dell has said what a shame we can't all work together, oh well, what do I know, I am just a troublemaker eh??? Enough people officially complained about me this year, hence I am no longer the PRO.
Shocking - simply shocking - lets all sit on the M6 instead eh! What the hell has the M25 (5 works LOL) got to do with it all.
Old 19-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Shocking - simply shocking - lets all sit on the M6 instead eh! What the hell has the M25 (5 works LOL) got to do with it all.

It seems it's ok to sit on the M6 for hours going to their tracks but coming to ours down the mtwentyfive(haha broken) this is a right pain in the arse. Heard it more than once.......
So the track as far as I was concerned was the best prepared, has the best facilities, had the best weather, and a great track as well is not on the calendar!!! Shocking
Old 19-12-2010

all i can says i've seen more of the m1 this year than the m25! which is strange considering i live right next to it!

But back to the subject, i think it would be great for both to be top class national series where the best of the best are able to attend. I'm sure compromise can be found somewhere but with the amount of one off events popping up (which are very important) it may come down to 8th dropping rounds to make it possible and even then it could be a squeeze.

Just my 2p worth

Regarding EPR, i think its such a shame for it to be dropped because its such an amazing venue which deserves the recognition of a national. i understand the nationals need to shared around, but i think a better north south balance would be nice.
Old 19-12-2010

oh and the fact the furthest national is last on the calender why not hold it at a central club? im so looking forward to spending my national season up north. why cant there be 2 in the south 2 in the mid and 2 in the north? if epr didnt get the event why not have it at silverstone?
Old 19-12-2010

That's just shocking as if that's the case what are we doing making TORCH better if it's not about the track? (Yes I know better for the TORCH members, but there are other reasons, I always appreciate that we are no EPR...)

EPR is an awesome venue, best I've been to.

Dare I say it I'm half tempted to just do regionals next year now.
Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Lads - I agree with the EPR scenario but we need another thread for that.
This is the clash of 2 major off-road compatition clashing because of 2 sections not agreeing with each other or want to complete with each other or simply not communicating - I have got that right surely!!!!!!
Old 19-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know I live way down south, but the closest National to me is Stotfold, and that It's nearly 120 miles!!! Everything else is nearly 200+
Seems the Mid to North of the country has cleaned up. It was like this when I started racing, but this was before we had a few tracks down here.
Well done to the comittee making sure it's a fair split for all racers. And well done for clashing with the 8th section again!!!
Perhaps I should have done my homework and realised I had to get someone to put my name forward for the PRO at the AGM, cause nobody was bothered to tell me, great eh???
Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
I know I live way down south, but the closest National to me is Stotfold, and that It's nearly 120 miles!!! Everything else is nearly 200+
Seems the Mid to North of the country has cleaned up. It was like this when I started racing, but this was before we had a few tracks down here.
Well done to the comittee making sure it's a fair split for all racers. And well done for clashing with the 8th section again!!!
Perhaps I should have done my homework and realised I had to get someone to put my name forward for the PRO at the AGM, cause nobody was bothered to tell me, great eh???
Whos rep now Dave?