Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
Body shells to be announced but there will be a choice this time. LED light kits will be fitted that must have authentic front and rear lights and nothing more.
)
must admit, loving that rule (having to drive with two stupidly bright blue LED light clusters on the front was not fun, apologies to all that got blinded!)
Old 15-06-2011

That sounds absolutely awesome! Same weekend as the Silverstone 1000km.
I am sure Worcester can rustle another team together.

Will it be first come first serve again? As i am sure the GT2 class will be full of us now 'seasoned' teams
25 on track sounds a bit over the top, on track where the quick lap time was around 14secs.
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3buggy View Post
That sounds absolutely awesome! Same weekend as the Silverstone 1000km.
I am sure Worcester can rustle another team together.

Will it be first come first serve again? As i am sure the GT2 class will be full of us now 'seasoned' teams
25 on track sounds a bit over the top, on track where the quick lap time was around 14secs.
Yes it will be first come first served again. 15 teams is the max due to rostrum space :-) I won't reserve spaces for teams until booking is officially open on the 1st July. Cost will be £150 per team as before and profits will be going towards our new carpet fund :-) Still a bargain for 1 years worth of racing. Tyres will be £25 a set and you will have 4 different tyres in your arsenal, 1 x grippy but fast wearing, 1 x hard + long wearing, 1 x drift tyres and 1 x of your own choice that you will bring with you.

Even with these slightly higher initial costs the cost on the day should be a lot lower than before due to less motor wear.

:-) With open chassis we should get some manufacturers involved too :-)
Old 15-06-2011

John your a crazy b@%&?£d I still haven't got over the last one!!!

What a weekend!
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesg View Post
Or, we could have the teams back that want to run Sprint 2's in GT2 and have the open cars in a GT1 class?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
I like that idea!!!! GT2 and GT1 class it will be.
Just for the record, this was actually my idea, and Greener is a thieving bar-stool!

It would be nice I feel if many of the existing teams entered a gentlemen's agreement to run GT2, possibly with a little more freedom to change parts allowed. We all have the cars and it should allow for tighter racing now that everyone has a handle on how they work. Personally I dont want to be beaten by a team who have simply bought the victory by going to great expense, when we already have a proven chassis & an arsenal of spares waiting to be thrashed for another 24hrs.

Whos up for GT2 then - Worcester, Doris, Chand A Cola - I feel we had unfinished business!
Old 15-06-2011
Mad Member

Would the £150 fee include a car for the team like the last time?
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysan View Post
Whos up for GT2 then - Worcester, Doris, Chand A Cola - I feel we had unfinished business!
jusst bring it

(here's hoping Dez fits a bug that counts ALL the laps)
Old 16-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
Would the £150 fee include a car for the team like the last time?
Not this time round, but we would be able to get one for you very cheap i'm sure, in fact I have 1 new one under my pit bench in a box. We need to contribute to the carpet replacement fund that's building for a replacement in 2013. 15 cars doing an average of 230 miles each for 24hrs must create some wear :-)
Old 16-06-2011

le mann gt2 car list 2011

CHEVROLET CORVETTE C6 ZR1
FERRARI 458 ITALIA
BMW M3 GT
PORSCHE 911 RSR (997)
ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE
FORD GT-DORAN
Old 16-06-2011

You bloody Teaser John

But hang on guys, I think you are getting a little carried away.

Have September as GP2 only, because 15 Sprint2 on track is quite sufficient, then at a later date, maybe even next year do an international open, no rules, all the factory teams will represent for sure and it'll be an awesome spectacle.

What you don't want is the two classes fighting for rostrum space. You certainly don't want to have to turn GP2 teams away for the sake of having maybe three GP1 cars running around, would be just daft. Besides, what's better than one 24 Hr event? TWO 24 HRs Evenets ;-)

For the GP2 you need a really slow sensorless brushless, something like 17.5 would still be bloody fast compared to the 20T Saturn. There are several systems on the market that would work very very well and the whole combo, motor ESC and card comes in at uder £70 and I'm sure you'd get a deal on that if you bought in bulk and got the supplier involved to sponsor it in order to promote their product and prove it's reliability.
Old 16-06-2011

Team MMR/CMCC will certainly be back, GT2 for sure. I started racing not long ago with MI1 with a logic fusion 13.5 brushless system, it was sensored but not timed and it really wasn't that fast - no where near the speeds of a tekin or speedpassion modern setup
Old 16-06-2011

I think also it would only be fair to invite all teams back and then open up bookings to fill the slots of anyone not returning, i know we can do 2 teams no problem but would hate to find that one of you cant come back because we've nicked your place
Old 16-06-2011

My only concern, is, if we run brushless, and we blow a motor, it will cost far more to replace a brushless motor than a saturn 20t motor, as I do not run brushless normaly, are the brushless capable of doing 24hrs without going up in smoke? our team went through 5 motors in total, with the 6th in the car at the finish, our cost for motors was £50.00 for the event (1 motor came with the car) will the costs for the brushless work out the same? or will it be higher?
Old 16-06-2011
Mad Member

We have a team that would race.. although we would rather not blow a load of cash on an HPI to race there, but would run a similar spec car like an Ansmann ARE-2 Would that be acceptable? (obvioulsy the same motor/esc as others)
Old 16-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82 View Post
For the GP2 you need a really slow sensorless brushless, something like 17.5 would still be bloody fast compared to the 20T Saturn. There are several systems on the market that would work very very well and the whole combo, motor ESC and card comes in at uder £70 and I'm sure you'd get a deal on that if you bought in bulk and got the supplier involved to sponsor it in order to promote their product and prove it's reliability.
have to agree we spoke about this in the pits, the money most teams would of spent on replacing burned out or smoked saturn motors you could of brought a "cheap" Brushless system such as the HPI flux system, Hobbywing ezrun or something like the Ansmann Sirius systems with a wind of 12t or something higher (i.e. slower) simply to cut down on wear & expense, plus the motor would be good to go for another event after the end of 24 hours.

Perhaps a quick ring around the suppliers / distribution network to see who wants to do a job-lot at a trade price for the weekend in the way of an extended test would be an idea.. however the problem then is there would need to be some way of working the motor change penalty system & prevent teams just going hell-for leather because one of the things with the brushed motors was the factor of taking your time to save motor, by running brushless you will eliminate that so everyone can go mental.
Old 16-06-2011
Mad Member

you can get ezrun 13t and speedo for £25 delivered on Ebay.. thats cheap and they run forever!
Old 16-06-2011

Quote:
you can get ezrun 13t and speedo for £25 delivered on Ebay.. thats cheap and they run forever!

true, but if John wants to promote the event properly & get support from the industry, buying off ebay from Hong Kong & using systems that don't actually retail in the UK probably is the wrong idea, however the Speed Passion Junior / Inspire combo are identical to the ezrun's, just painted black instead of blue & with a different badge on (plus 3 times the price of the ezruns) so approaching Speed Passion would be the way to go rather than buying from Dinball & the like.

As i said before, the HPI flux system or even the Ansmann system are pretty low priced & available to the UK, plus the manufacturers &/or suppliers could be perhaps persuaded to support the event.
Old 16-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
My only concern, is, if we run brushless, and we blow a motor, it will cost far more to replace a brushless motor than a saturn 20t motor, as I do not run brushless normaly, are the brushless capable of doing 24hrs without going up in smoke? our team went through 5 motors in total, with the 6th in the car at the finish, our cost for motors was £50.00 for the event (1 motor came with the car) will the costs for the brushless work out the same? or will it be higher?
We (team shambles) have used the same 10.5 brushless motor for 2x 24hr events + 3-4 smaller endurance and had no problems

Quote:
We have a team that would race.. although we would rather not blow a load of cash on an HPI to race there, but would run a similar spec car like an Ansmann ARE-2 Would that be acceptable? (obvioulsy the same motor/esc as others)
we've the same idea

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 16-06-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Stick and Steerwheel Transmitters

did any teams have drivers that used both?

how did you wire up the equipment if you did?

pictures would be nice
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 16-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@mmr View Post
I think also it would only be fair to invite all teams back and then open up bookings to fill the slots of anyone not returning, i know we can do 2 teams no problem but would hate to find that one of you cant come back because we've nicked your place
Hey thats a nice gesture there, my thoughts also.

I think opening it up to the aforementioned bodyshells would be cool. Maybe for the GT1 class (as GT1 cars and GT2 cars look very similar) insist on an LMP1 body if we can find one that will fit (i.e. the Mulsanne). The idea of GT1 and GT2 (or say LMP and GT) rocks, it would offer the same competition as before for the GT cars and it would be interesting to see if the durability of the car-park chassis can outlast the pace of the top spec tourers.

Think this will be very over-subscribed however, could just be 15x Sprints again all running GT2 (not that there would be any issue with that). The tyre rule seems very exciting also, I think keeping the field as equal as possible and opening up the strategy with the tyres as with the wets last weekend but even more so is very cool indeed.