Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 11-06-2011

Buy a different car and leave the bloke alone, can't you take a hint. Just come to terms with the fact you wasted good hard earned money and get over it. I've had to !!!!!
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 11-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Nope otherwise it'd already be posted. Be patient it won't b long now.
hope you won't take this the wrong way, but please define "long" ?
Old 11-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
hope you won't take this the wrong way, but please define "long" ?
I've been looking at this thread for months and I feel this is time to make a comment.
It's been over 6 months so far.
I was told new gearbox in January when I tried the car.
It's now June and Fab, you are promising drivers stuff and you obviously cannot deliver......it's unfair especially as you was offered Vega engineering for your gearboxes and you refused .......

Saying all that I just rebuilt by diff in m y Kyosho Vega after 6 months of testing, regionals, Nationals and a load of indoor racing....the idler gears and layshaft are still like new......hint hint lads
Old 11-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
Buy a different car and leave the bloke alone, can't you take a hint. Just come to terms with the fact you wasted good hard earned money and get over it. I've had to !!!!!
Well, I know "the bloke" in person and only know him as a good bloke.
... but there does indeed seems to be something wrong in the time-planning.
... but you won't hear me say that I wasted money on the car I had far to much driving it all this time

... and as that so called fact that he was proposed TeamXtreme Vega-gearboxes ... well maybe he had some good reasons for not choosing that option?
I will also admit that as for dealing with Team Xtreme ... I have my strong personal reservations (staying polite in choosing my words!!!!) after having to deal with them on more then one difficult occasion when I was driving/racing a Pred. Promises were not held on more then one occasion.
But then again, I have to mind my words I think because I have allready learned or understood that criticising Team Xtreme on this forum is kinda 'touchy stuff'. Even when backed up with strong evidence/arguments.

back on topic: please, Fabs, give us some news on the reasons for such a delay.

As for a vega-like-gearbox all in metal for the MCS
Old 11-06-2011
Mad Member

Very simple.

The guy's ultra busy and even his bosses over here can't reach him, so I don't know what the status is. I'm comfident they will come the question is when. Obviously this is a new supplier for me and I wasn't expecting that, but I also have garantees that they'll be made.

In the meantime I am experimenting with alternative manufacturing processes but there's no garantee that the material will hold (did not have a chance to test the sample yet).

As for making ally gearboxes, well I believe the reason why the MCS is the best mid motor RB5 there is also lies in the materials used and I do not want to mess with a formula that works so well.

As for why I didn't choose Vega, well first it's Team XTreme, second I never had a proper offer from anyone at team Xtreme to make some, just you offering to ask Lewis if they'd make some, and TBH I seriously doubt he would have said yes, third at what price as I believe the gearbox on the Vega isn't cheap...

All good things come to those who wait. I trust my sub-contractor but pulling favours will always mean normal customers will come first.
Old 11-06-2011

Unhappy mmmmm

Surley the longer we wait, the more outdated the buggy becomes. Trend seems to be longer n thinner. Not to sure how the two compare as I only had 1 three min run with mine about a week after Petit 2010, Have w8ted for the new g/box's since. Am now modding my fabs so I can run with the Kyosho g/box, with the motor out the back. Will add pics L8ter
Old 11-06-2011
Thieving scumbag

Can you still buy a mcs I understand the gear box problem it's not an issue to me as I will just Cnc a Ali one
Old 11-06-2011

You can have mine for £100. PM if want.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 12-06-2011

CNC us all an ali one, there would be plenty of buyers!!, maybe time to get shut, gone on too long now with no definate end in sight, real shame because the car is great, (not so great sat on the shelf gathering dust!!)
Old 12-06-2011

Default sell??

Problem is who wud buy a conversion kit wiv no g/box and have a rep. as nothing but trouble. As soon as u tell anyone u have an mcs, the first thing they all say is OOOOOO GEARBOX!!!!!.
Old 12-06-2011

Default RCS

Me n SimonW Finished the mod, Loads of pics here:
http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ty07/12062011/
alot r repeats as my phone camera is on burst.
All I used R stering post from a ZX 5 ( the silver one's with a bevel edge for the bearing) and drilled two holes to mount it on. Threw my old brushed system to test 2day, and IT WORKS GR8, all the weight low, and motor out the back gives LOADS of grip and is GR8 and dusty stuff.
FINALLY using my R.C.S
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

The gearboxes will be along soon.. it has to be worth the wait knowing how good the car is..

Incidently.. the first gearbox i had, had issues which i repaired... Rob Bryan used it alot.. he then gave it me back so i had a spare.. this was then given to James Helliwell who had Fabs car.. this then was run at RHR and failed.. which supprised me!! On Fabs recieving his car back, he checked the gearbox and it was sand that had caused the gearbox to fail and i believe its now rebuilt and working perfectly..

The gearbox in my car is still working perfectly, i also have a spare incase.. I hope i dont have to use!! Tempted fate!? Hope not!

If built correctly, and time and common sense used on the assembly, to check that everything runs free, and not to overtighten gearbox screws you shouldnt have an issue... I know Mike Pimlott spent some time sorting his gearbox which has run faultlessly... Chris Cocker now has this car and again no issues.. One thing you must do is dont run the slipper too loose..

I can understand peoples frustrations.. the new ones will be along.. but in the meantime.. gearboxes can be repaired.

Out of all the mid kyoshos... its the only one that makes regular National A Final appearances in the hands of Craig Collinson..says it all about the cars capabilitys!!

Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

Not choosing any car but one stat that keeps getting highlighted is which car is best. Have run both myself and both are really good conversions, reliability and g/box issues sadly leave one car out of favour.

On the results front.....

MCS - 2 years old and 2 national a finals (not regular)
Vega - 3 Nationals old 1 National a Final 4 National B Finals!!!

Lets leave that too other peoples opinions on results!!!

Personally i hope Fabs gets it sorted as you can't beat competition..
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

Are you guys for real??? Since when did the 'mine's bigger than yours' competition started?

Tony and Spenner since you are being soooo constructive in your comments can you please stick to the threads dedicated to the car you love so much?

And FYI in 2011 1 driver 2 A finals, 1 BQ + B final win and 6th in the championship. Get your facts right Craig has been an A finals contender at each national this year. Another fact RC10 B4: 8 years old or so and still one of the best car out there, so implying the MCS is an old design is non sense.
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

Fab's....

Keep your knickers on!!!

Never quoted anything of the sort, in fact i said i have driven both cars and like them.
Think you will find it was someone else stating the bigger than yours stuff!!

And yourself in an earlier post.
So rather than posting on here, get on your emails and find someone to sort your gearboxes for the customers YOU sold your conversion too, who now have to watch it gathering dust.

That my friend is A FACT!!!!!

Quote:
Are you guys for real??? Since when did the 'mine's bigger than yours' competition started?

Tony and Spenner since you are being soooo constructive in your comments can you please stick to the threads dedicated to the car you love so much?

And FYI in 2011 1 driver 2 A finals, 1 BQ + B final win and 6th in the championship. Get your facts right Craig has been an A finals contender at each national this year. Another fact RC10 B4: 8 years old or so and still one of the best car out there, so implying the MCS is an old design is non sense.
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

I was simply letting people know the cars pedigree...

Correct me if im wrong.. but i think craigs first run with the MCS was July last year at the oople race?? New car etc etc... not sure how many nationals he did with it, 2/3 maybe last year..

Winter testing... dominated Worksop... and has been up with the best since this years nationals began.. so you can hardley say its 2 years old.

The car has pedigree and I was basically getting that across to people to stick with a good chassis. As said, the gearboxes are only an issue if care isnt taken on the build
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Fab's....

Keep your knickers on!!!

Never quoted anything of the sort, in fact i said i have driven both cars and like them.
Think you will find it was someone else stating the bigger than yours stuff!!

And yourself in an earlier post.
So rather than posting on here, get on your emails and find someone to sort your gearboxes for the customers YOU sold your conversion too, who now have to watch it gathering dust.

That my friend is A FACT!!!!!
I hope your not referring to me? as said above i was merely stating the cars capability!! IN the right hands it wins! For the same reason people will by AE/Tamiya etc etc??

WHo ever has n MCS.. hang on to it.. wait for the gearboxes if you cant fix your existing one (thats if the oe has failed...)

If needs be i will quite happily look at any ones MCS gearbox and try and sort for them
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
I hope your not referring to me? as said above i was merely stating the cars capability!! IN the right hands it wins! For the same reason people will by AE/Tamiya etc etc??

WHo ever has n MCS.. hang on to it.. wait for the gearboxes if you cant fix your existing one (thats if the oe has failed...)

If needs be i will quite happily look at any ones MCS gearbox and try and sort for them
I never named names, and i don't hide behind any lies.

Quotes of: That is why it is the best RB5 mid car etc etc... I never mentioned anything like that in my posts, i was just pointing out some real facts.
I never said the car was poor, quite the opposite. And i must also add Craig Collinson is doing very well with the car this year. And he adds a good competition to the Kyosho mid car war by running it. But the last few pages aren't about the handling of the car are they ??????

And i think that is the answer people want...
I am ashamed that i sold Dufty the MCS conversion only to find out he has been unable to use it since his first meeting with it!!! Maybe other should think that way.

Now, lets not forget this is toy car racing.
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
As for making ally gearboxes, well I believe the reason why the MCS is the best mid motor RB5 there is also lies in the materials used and I do not want to mess with a formula that works so well.
Old 12-06-2011
Mad Member

Read the post's above, people can read between the lines.

Everyone supports the equipment they use and i understand that, but some of the post's are pretty clear what they are implying.

Once again as i have said, loved driving the MCS.... had some issues (not with idlers) and another car came along which i could use to convert my Kyosho and was as good as MCS so made the change.

Main thing for me is i have the choice of 4 great cars that carry the Kyosho brand.