Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 04-01-2009

How soon before the new season will the car come out aproxametly(weeks or months)? was thinking of getting one but would want the latest model really and some track time obviously
Old 04-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

Coming soon.....................
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 04-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

saw an x6 ^2 at worksop today ,. was nice sorry no piccies guys but it looks well sweet well done x factory top notch in everyway next to add to my list x6 rock come ^2 can t wait

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 04-01-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

To be fair, if its been run at a meeting, people know about it and have seen what "Differences" there are to the car, Why arent you able to sale "Some Details" ?
Old 04-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

3 "Prototypes" have run at two meetings today, no finished cars have yet been seen in public.

Details will follow, when they are ready....be patient, its worth it.
Old 04-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

the plot thickens me thinks

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 05-01-2009

One thing is for sure... it has a wing.

http://www.rcnews.net/off-road-news/...6-squared.html
Old 05-01-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to jono83

oOps

Last edited by jono83; 05-01-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: stupidity
Old 05-01-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to jono83

double post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg x62.jpg (42.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-01-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Jono asked a thick question lol.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 05-01-2009
Mad Member

Darren, as usual, is correct, as are the rest of the Boyz. I will divulge what I can here: It will be a new Kit, K019, and there will be no upgrade kit available. The existing X - 6 Conversion Kit, K011, will become obsolete when stocks are exhausted, then the 6 Squared will replace it..

Why no upgrade kit? There are sooo many new parts that an upgrade kit would have to be priced very close to the whole Conversion Kit -- not worth it. Most of the new parts are the expensive ones -- graphite chassis, battery hold-downs, shock tower, etc.

The 6 Squared will be very much like the X - 6, just as the 5 Squared is much like the original X - 5. And just like the 5 Squared, the 6 Squared has many, many refinements. We are doing very heavy math here.

So those who currently own an X - 6 will not find their cars suddenly obsolete. While we think many will want the new X - 6 Squared, we think a number of others, impressed by their results with the X - 6, will simply keep those cars and be quite competitive.

Most parts from the X - 6 will fit on the X - 6 Squared. And, of course, an X - 6 will make a great "donor car" for an X - 6 Squared.

As Darren has said, the existing stocks of K011 X - 6s will be excellent values, and will provide years of great race results for anyone. If this were a revolutionary car, we would have called it something like the X - 7.. But it's not revolutionary, just an evolution. Therefore, 6 Squared.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 05-01-2009

I'm looking at buying an X-6 (now the X-6^2) and have a question for all the X-6 drivers who have driven their cars on low-grip dirt tracks - what are the handling characteristics of the car entering corners off-power?

One thing that still annoys me about "normal" 2wd's is that on loose dirt tracks, the back end slides out off power when turning into corners, especially if it is a corner following a fast section/straight.

Now, this is quite controllable on smooth dirt tracks, but unfortunately I race on bumpy dirt tracks which means mid way though one of these slides the back end of the car will catch a rut/bump and become uncontrollable.

I was thinking that because the X-6 is set-up more like a 4wd (no rear overhang) then it should be very stable entering a corner.

Would this be correct? I'm not concerned about grip exiting corners under power because I've always been able to use the throttle smoothly enough to minimise any wheelspin - it's the stability into corners which is what I'm looking for.

Any opinions?
Old 05-01-2009

Bender, you are right in your analysis, no rear overhang means that there is no '911' effect, and the rear end stays at the back. In my experience, if you slightly overshoot the corner, the car will only understeer, not fishtail.

At first (as everyone I'd guess), I thought that the X-6 would be very good on high-grip and not so on low-grip, but in fact the car is very good on both and, best of all, excels on bumpy tracks.
Bring on the X-6²! Way to go X-Factory

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 05-01-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Driffill View Post
To be fair, if its been run at a meeting, people know about it and have seen what "Differences" there are to the car, Why arent you able to sale "Some Details" ?
should have been at worksop

Quote:
Originally Posted by glypo View Post
One thing is for sure... it has a wing.

http://www.rcnews.net/off-road-news/...6-squared.html
it has more the car is pictures here http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=55
Old 05-01-2009

Thanks Gayo, sounds like I will have to start saving
Old 05-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

There you guys the BOSS has now spoken and many details you have all been craving for are there. The part number, it will be a conversion and NOT a complete car, it IS still very similiar in concept to the current X6, it does have new rear tower, new chassis, LIPO battery strap and MANY other parts besdies (which will ALL be revealed on the next press release).

The reason for silence and discretion up to now has been at Chazz's request, he is the boss, we tend to do as he asks (most of the time!! LOL)
Old 05-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for the info Darren, glad it's going to be a conversion

Well done x factory for doing it like this as it saves you money rather than having to buy a new car each year and the spares package you need doesn't have to change that much.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 05-01-2009
Mad Member

At last! Darren says something that's emphatically not true. I'm not boss of anything -- I can't even pick out which shirt to wear in the morning; therefore I have a million that are all the same.

X Factory is a company driven by the Family, not some corporate board of directors. So, in fact, I'm not a boss. My only job is to watch what the Family is doing, listen to the Boyz, ask Paul to design it, and bring it to you. Often that takes longer than you or we like, and sometimes your ideas don't work out, but our primary job is listening to the Family to bring you the very fastest cars at the lowest possible price.

All of us at X Factory exist to serve the Family. You are the boss.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 05-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

Cool...............

Right Chazz, since "we" are all the boss, our last order I will have for free then please!!! LOL
Old 05-01-2009

Will the X6 squared come with a new shell design. Inquiring cause i was going to get a new shell sprayed up for my X6 for the up-coming season. Don't want to waiste any more money if a new car is going to be on the market soon.
Paint by Wezzer.