Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

The original black covers -- all three -- are still active part numbers. We have them in stock and I believe our U.K. stores have them or can get 'em quickly.

It's been a while, so I'll explain. Often when you see a pro driver with a prototype part on his car the part is machined white Delrin. So, we made white covers and call them "pro proto." Some people like them, others prefer black. You pays your money and takes your pick...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
There is no real difference in the white parts, Chazz thinks they look cool and you can dye them. I'd chose to dye them black but have some of the old parts so use those.

I can't see the pics now as in work but I do remember thinking the one thing you need to get as a priority is the carbon fibre front shock tower brace (IMHO) as it strengthens it up so much and you'll need far less towers (I'd still have a couple of spares in the box).

I don't run the tensioner mod anymore, mainly cos it fouls the lipo, but since I've been on the all new pulleys (not that new anymore) I have such little problems with the belts and the window of setting has opened up some that I'm not that bothered.

FYI I'm not currently running the E Speed steering but will have to see when I get some proper outdoor running back in.
I've got front and rear carbon fibre re-enforcement on the front and rear tower, the carbon rear peice is the but that jumps from the links (Below)

My lipo wont go flush to the inside chassis wall with or without the turnbuckle belt tensioner mod so either way it doesnt make a great deal of differnce but leaves some base setting if i have to do a quick belt change just makes setting the tension just that tad easier if anything really.

Do you run the extra roller that stops / reduces the belt skip under brakes Dan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
I was planning on making a brass weight that is screwed into the tunnel, if you stick lead into the tunnel you have no way of knowing if it is coming loose as you can't see it without removing the cover.
Hum, its abit touch and go aint it with anything inside the belt tunnel, I wonder if it would be best me running the servo leed down next to the Lipo on the chassis floor towards the back of the car and have it hop over the back near the anti rollbar mount?

Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
The original black covers -- all three -- are still active part numbers. We have them in stock and I believe our U.K. stores have them or can get 'em quickly.

It's been a while, so I'll explain. Often when you see a pro driver with a prototype part on his car the part is machined white Delrin. So, we made white covers and call them "pro proto." Some people like them, others prefer black. You pays your money and takes your pick...
They look cool i guess how ever all black sleek and minimal seems favourable, I just wonderd if there was maybe a differnce in running them, IE weight, size of spur (Obviously centre cover) or maybe for the rear not having to take so much off the rear tower to sit it over the rear diff
Old 16-04-2009
#1 ZX5 fan

Gary - Yes I do. That and the 'new' pulleys are what makes the transmission so much better than it used to be.

That carbon brace above really strengthens the tower up and makes the rear tower almost bulletproof

Nortech is ACE!
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Its one thing that always put me off the car was the noise they made under heavy breaking but ive not heard it for a long time, Maybe everyone has been using the new pullys then, either that or they have been animals and not been using brakes!

Eh hem Tom..
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Driffill View Post
and not been using brakes!

Eh hem Tom..
2 speed Tom. Fast and re-charging

LMAO
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
2 speed Tom. Fast and re-charging

LMAO

Classic!
Old 16-04-2009
#1 ZX5 fan

Gary, I'd do it as it's a simple mod that's free really and may make a difference. Well it must do mustn't it? From an engineering point of view I like it anyway!

Nortech is ACE!
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Cool, Well hopfully i'll be racing at Batley on sunday
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

You guys leave poor Tom alone! He's studying hard at Uni!

That's correct, Tom, isn't it???

LOL

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 17-04-2009
Lee-Mag

He is on easter break now Chazz, i think he has been since january

Chazz, i'm not sure if Ellis has spoken to you about something i tried last sunday?

If not i will send out an email to everyone and try to get some feedback.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 17-04-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Chazz, i'm not sure if Ellis has spoken to you about something i tried last sunday?

If not i will send out an email to everyone and try to get some feedback.
What was that then? Not turning up to the biggest race meeting of the year? That's gonna win ya nothing boyo!

G
Old 17-04-2009
Lee-Mag

I'm sure BJ told you i was away on friday

I might show you next week if your good.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 17-04-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
What was that then? Not turning up to the biggest race meeting of the year? That's gonna win ya nothing boyo!

G
surely the biggest meeting of the year, is the last national of the year as always,
Old 17-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

My lipo wont go flush to the inside chassis wall with or without the turnbuckle belt tensioner mod so either way it doesnt make a great deal of differnce but leaves some base setting if i have to do a quick belt change just makes setting the tension just that tad easier if anything really.

Do you run the extra roller that stops / reduces the belt skip under brakes Dan?

Hum, its abit touch and go aint it with anything inside the belt tunnel, I wonder if it would be best me running the servo leed down next to the Lipo on the chassis floor towards the back of the car and have it hop over the back near the anti rollbar mount?

First time I ran the X5^2 the belt would skip a tooth or 2 at the end of the straight on hard brakes, I put the roller on after the first time I ran the X5^2 and it stopped the belt skipping completely.

I can't fit the belt tensioners on my car either, but I have an idea about that. As soon as I get around to it I'll show you.

I made a lipo brace similar to yours last night and used a B4 sero mount to attach the servo to the tunnel The servo wire now runs between the lipo and the tunnel to the back of the car and I have cut a hole through the tunnel and passed the servo lead through it. It pops out just in front of the receiver, perfect .
Old 17-04-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
First time I ran the X5^2 the belt would skip a tooth or 2 at the end of the straight on hard brakes, I put the roller on after the first time I ran the X5^2 and it stopped the belt skipping completely.

I can't fit the belt tensioners on my car either, but I have an idea about that. As soon as I get around to it I'll show you.

I made a lipo brace similar to yours last night and used a B4 sero mount to attach the servo to the tunnel The servo wire now runs between the lipo and the tunnel to the back of the car and I have cut a hole through the tunnel and passed the servo lead through it. It pops out just in front of the receiver, perfect .

Cool beans,

I looked at doing that too Craig, I think i'll crack on and get the servo lead done the same as youre way mate down the middle of the car and through the back, Did you send it under the bottom of the belt? Also how have you held it in place on the chassis and through the tunnel aswell mate?

Im going to get my servo mounts bought on Sunday. I also wonderd, Alloy steering nuckles would this be a benifit? Surely they cant be that hard to put together - (Calling Ben!!)

Anouther question, Do the alloy J-Concepts front castor blocks fit on the front arms? Im sure that, well in curtain the spindles will fit obviously cos' they were run on the BJ4WE, S4 ect. Would make the front a little stronger yet?
Old 19-04-2009
#1 ZX5 fan

Quote:
Anouther question, Do the alloy J-Concepts front castor blocks fit on the front arms? Im sure that, well in curtain the spindles will fit obviously cos' they were run on the BJ4WE, S4 ect. Would make the front a little stronger yet?
The castor blocks aren't weak anyway, I wouldn't bothed. Rich Lowe runs B44 ones on his BJ4 so there must be a reason he doesn't run them, can't remember what it is though, weight perhaps?

Nortech is ACE!
Old 20-04-2009
Mad Member

Thought they would add a cool bling factor if anything

Thanks for youre help on sunday Dan, aswell as you too Tom. I think my next thing is to buy a 5.5, the 4.5 was just too fast i think, I never got to use full throttle down Batley streight and after the banked corner i was on my back wheels all to the hairpin haha

2 castor blocks, 1 belt and a fan later im still happy enough with this car

LiPo X-5² kicks arse!
Old 20-04-2009
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

I couldnt believe how sweet they was to drive
Old 20-04-2009
#1 ZX5 fan

2 castor blocks, wow! I think you can't run the BJ4 ones because the Losi CVD's have a bigger joint which I don't think fit through the BJ4 ones designed for associated. Maybe wrong there though. Brian Preddy used to run some grey ones though which were nice but expensive.

Oh and Gary, eriously consider trying a 6.5. Even Tom has gone to a 6.5 now and he's an animal!

Nortech is ACE!