Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
To clarify, the Ellis Edition IS a conversion kit..

Almost 95% of people we know who have converted cars to mid motor (CR2 or X6) often start with a NEW donor car, very few uses second hand parts.

The CR2 is not "expensive" for what you get, but it is more expensive than an X6 (£145 to £140) donor car £220 (XXXCR) to £190 (B4 FT - less if you use a std team spec) and then the extras both cars "need" - CR2 £27 as you say for "essentials" and approx £32 for the X6 essentials (E-Speed hangers and long axles), all other "hop ups" for both cars are luxuries that are NOT needed. So - CR2 £392 and X6 £362, its not cheaper mate....... (unless like everyone else, you want to include ALL the luxuries when talking about an X6 only...)

The Ellis car will NOT be cheap, lets get that confirmed and clear now, but includes many of the "luxuries" we talk about that people want and Ellis uses. Brass weight kits are not essential, available for ALL cars out there (including the CR2 amongst others), the Lunsford titanium, front wing, roll bars, etc etc are all "nice" bits that set a standard car apart from all the others and more importnat have featured on the very car that has now won two nationals title back to back.

I am certian that if AC won the same titles we would see a "Danny Magoo" version or similiar (maybe with his new alloy chassis etc and any tweaks he uses) and it would be all very similiar to what we have here.

I assume with all this interest in the topic you are keen on getting one then?
You missed the £100 plus from the X6 for the Losi shocks ......... or don't you class them as essential?

I'm interested in the price
Old 09-12-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Can a 'Euro Spec' conversion kit be made then?
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
You missed the £100 plus from the X6 for the Losi shocks ......... or don't you class them as essential?

I said "essentials" not "preferentials". AE shocks seem to work fine on every B4 up and down the country, we "prefer" Losi, since we are not affiliated to either Losi or Associated we are free to choose...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 09-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Can a 'Euro Spec' conversion kit be made then?
DCM, we are looking at the possabilities of this at present for our "next project". At least one of those two itesm WILL be included in the kit.....
Old 09-12-2009

my price guess is between £350 and £400?
Old 09-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:

Losi Shocks weren't essential on Phil Channon's X6 when he ran one.
In fact if I remember right he made the A at a national with AE shocks!

It is a personal preference thing, I run Losi shocks because I'm terrible at building AE ones
Old 09-12-2009

at least it will make the schumacher look cheap for a full kit
Old 09-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

simple thing is here, you pay for what you get, if you have a b4 run it, if you want an x6 buy the conversion, if you want the losi version, but that.

anyone care to name one car that does not offer options? bear in mind this is also using "outside" suppliers to X factory.

you can buy all the parts seperate, but this way its in one box and i dare say it will be cheaper than buying them individually.

i run associated shocks on my x6, and it handles ok for me.... i have seen schumachers running losi shocks!!
Old 09-12-2009

Default es x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by big smithy View Post
at least it will make the schumacher look cheap for a full kit
schuis are cheap and shit
Old 09-12-2009
Mad Member

We now have confirmation on the last part. Production is finished on this part, and they are preparing our invoice, which is what we need to determine our actual cost, including shipping to us.

The last part for the E.S.C.E. (Ellis Stafford Championship Edition) was one part in an order for several, and the entire order is not finished. They say that will be late next week. We are trying to get them to ship the last part separately and invoice it separately.

We do know this: retail on the E.S.C.E. will be more than $50 less than if you bought all the bits separately; if you want the Real Deal, the E.S.C.E. is the way to do it.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 09-12-2009
Mad Member

Whats the chance of X-Factory bringing out a full 2wd kit? Ive noticed more and more dedicated parts are being made so is it only a matter of time before we can get a complete kit or would the production/development costs be too high?

Clown
Old 09-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbison View Post
schuis are cheap and shit
Errr, something's not right here. You're not slagging off Essex's anymore...hang on, I reckon one of these is going to end up on your bench soon. Am I right???? Dude, if you are getting an X6 I'll have to get something else - wonder how the Hornet would go round Worksop with a 7.5 X12 up it's chuff .
Old 10-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

I ask what roll bar kit comes with the Ellis version and what thickness bars
Old 10-12-2009
Mad Member

MRD, the 4WD car we are beginning -- just beginning -- to work on will, if it actually happens, be the whole thing. We plan no more Conversion Kits.

Millzy, we are giving you everything you need except the bar itself. The rear bulkheads have been slotted so the bar fits under the CF shock tower. You get the two ball ends for the bar with set screws, and two Lunsford 1" Ti turnbuckles + ball cups to make the links.

We planned to include the LOSA 4257 sway bar kit, but not enough of them are available. That kit has the ball ends, links, and little plastic sway bar mounts. Since most Team drivers prefer the turnbuckle links and the ball ends were available separately, we took this route. If you get the Losi kit those included bars don't fit, so you've still got to make up your own bar.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 10-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
MRD, the 4WD car we are beginning -- just beginning -- to work on will, if it actually happens, be the whole thing. We plan no more Conversion Kits.

Millzy, we are giving you everything you need except the bar itself. The rear bulkheads have been slotted so the bar fits under the CF shock tower. You get the two ball ends for the bar with set screws, and two Lunsford 1" Ti turnbuckles + ball cups to make the links.

We planned to include the LOSA 4257 sway bar kit, but not enough of them are available. That kit has the ball ends, links, and little plastic sway bar mounts. Since most Team drivers prefer the turnbuckle links and the ball ends were available separately, we took this route. If you get the Losi kit those included bars don't fit, so you've still got to make up your own bar.

Yes thats what i was wondering - as ellis runs a 090 bar
Old 15-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to Ben Turner

Any news then?
Old 15-12-2009

i was just thinking the same!
Old 15-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to Ben Turner

Unless they've worked out the RRP and are too scared too tell us
Old 15-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Turner View Post
Unless they've worked out the RRP and are too scared too tell us
I can't believe that anyone would even consider marketing anything without knowing the exact price ........... how would you know whether it would be commercially viable or commercial suicide?

Me thinks they know, they just don't want to tell yet
Old 15-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
I can't believe that anyone would even consider marketing anything without knowing the exact price ........... how would you know whether it would be commercially viable or commercial suicide?

Me thinks they know, they just don't want to tell yet
As of an email recieved approx 1 hour ago, all the prices are now in...

I think you will find that EVERY R/C car has been announced BEFORE the price and fine details are finalised, there is nothing new with this concept.

Amongst all the other important and busy things at this time of year we will be working out the full trade, and retail prices and the press release will now follow in the coming few days. We announced it early so people knew it was coming in time for Xmas and that people did not buy somthing else that they would later regret......