Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 27-05-2010
Mad Member

Or maybe it was Daz who said that
Doh!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 27-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz View Post
I dont think Col is winding you up, you have to weigh up the facts for the guys who have to travel 100 miles (ish) to go up north to race on horse poo or travel the same distance to race at more glamorous tracks like southport, bury, rhr etc.
the northeast region stretches from rhr (worksop) up to the scottish borders, but some people are saying that if regionals are a 60 mile radius they will race in the northeast, and anyone north of teesside have to just get on with it if they want to race, but now we are getting one or two races up in the real northeast they all jump ship.
well tough if they don't want to travel let them go to another region.

oh and could someone tell me whats glamorous about sitting in a field getting wet all weekend were as they could of been racing in a nice warm dry 3 million quid venue..........i don't get that one

looking forward to seeing the real northeast racers at the weekend
Old 27-05-2010
Mad Member

[QUOTE=Col;381088]Put to bed in this thread maybe, but I notice that none of the people that are doing NW have replied here, so I spoke to a few (as some attend York club). Distance was the general response.

Hi Guys

Im doing the NW regionals this year after doing NE regionals for quite afew years mainly because the 2wd and 4wd classes are on the same day Phil c who i share travelling with works most saturdays so we carn't make it doing the NW makes more sence for us to do so we can do both classes distance for us coming from hull is roughly works out about the same weather we do NW or NE regionals

Paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 27-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
oh and could someone tell me whats glamorous about sitting in a field getting wet all weekend were as they could of been racing in a nice warm dry 3 million quid venue..........i don't get that one
I dare say if the horse poo venue was within striking distance of Daz, then he would enjoy it and refer to it as the Elite All Weather Equestrian Arena, or some such. But I could be wrong, he may have an aversion to horse poo whereas dog poo fox poo cat poo (and don't forget smelly cat pee) and perhaps even human poo that you find in most fields/parks may be more to his liking

On a more serious note, folks will race where they want to, it's a free world (to some extent), some holiday in costa del plonka while others travel to the Maldives. Their choice. Asda or Sainsbury's, which is closer, which has the better buns to eat? Everyone votes with their feet and the clubs do the very best job they can for those that stick around.
Old 27-05-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Or maybe it was Daz who said that
Doh!
I'll assume that's an apology...!
Old 27-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baD View Post
I dare say if the horse poo venue was within striking distance of Daz, then he would enjoy it and refer to it as the Elite All Weather Equestrian Arena, or some such. But I could be wrong, he may have an aversion to horse poo whereas dog poo fox poo cat poo (and don't forget smelly cat pee) and perhaps even human poo that you find in most fields/parks may be more to his liking

On a more serious note, folks will race where they want to, it's a free world (to some extent), some holiday in costa del plonka while others travel to the Maldives. Their choice. Asda or Sainsbury's, which is closer, which has the better buns to eat? Everyone votes with their feet and the clubs do the very best job they can for those that stick around.
Good English there Professor Bill, as ever.

At the end of the day distance isn't the only reason and everyone has their own reasons for attending or not attending the North East regionals. No point talking about it on a public forum. Instead we should all concentrate our efforts on attacking eachother because we can't handle our alcohol after 9 PM...
Old 27-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
Good English there Professor Bill, as ever
Why thank you young Neilie, it is so wonderful to know you read my literary pearls
Old 28-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baD View Post
Why thank you young Neilie, it is so wonderful to know you read my literary pearls
It's good to see your back on the happy pills again...

Or is it whiskey...?

Old 28-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
It's good to see your back on the happy pills again...
Or is it whiskey...?
Happy? Yes, happy to show you how it's done. Happy to spread the magic dust of joyous serenity to you and all those in need
Old 28-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

At the end of the day every year there will be a "debate" about traveling. The way I look at it, is if you want to race you will be prepared to travel regardless. If people want to travel and do the North West Regionals, let that be the case.

However The North East always goes through ups and downs, like all other Regions, and therefore the people who want to see the North East work, will make it work.

Ive been attendance to North East Regionals on and off for 18 years, and will remember the days when you had to book in advance to get into Regionals, and also seen it when its at its lowest.

This year has seen the Nationals being very popular, and maybe thats impacted the numbers we are seeing, but this is a plus for the BRCA and the Sport!

I know people from other Regions who have to drive 2hrs to get to a Regionals and you never really see this mentioned in other threads!

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 28-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
At the end of the day every year there will be a "debate" about traveling. .........cut to save space................. have to drive 2hrs to get to a Regionals and you never really see this mentioned in other threads!
Spot on Gem - all of it.

Unfortunately we effectively 'invite' the comments from drivers from other more southerly areas by the way we often refer to their lack of attendance at Real North East venues.
The debate as to how best to arrange 'regions' will go on long after I'm dead and gone ( now there's an opening for a wish from young neilie if ever there was one )