Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 07-04-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Seems to me that some clubs have given their own members the nod or pre-booked them into the regional. I dont know if this is common practice or the standard across the board. But with a large club with say 100 members restricting the amount of heats would limit the availability of places to visiting drivers there for clubs with smaller amounts of members would have more space for visitors. Just my thoughts
I'm not really bothered about racing at southport it's my least favourite club in the north west I think it takes its self far to serious and most of the members are arrogant and unwelcoming remember that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it !!
and just to top that bud were not members of any club me or matty,
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
and just to top that bud were not members of any club me or matty,
I wasn't trying to imply any wrong doing on your side or anyone else's what I was trying to say was that with only 120 places and let's say 30 members race 2 classes 15 race 2wd only and 15 race 4wd only that's 75% gone straight away
As for you not being a member of any club I think you've been on the scene long enough to not get caught with your trousers down!!

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 07-04-2011

Perhaps the answer is for people who wish to enter both (such as myself and most of the lads I race with) is to put in a preferred class, and then if numbers permit then do both, and if it is getting booked up just do one class. I would happily give up my 4wd place if someone who can't get in at all wants to race.

Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Perhaps the answer is for people who wish to enter both (such as myself and most of the lads I race with) is to put in a preferred class, and then if numbers permit then do both, and if it is getting booked up just do one class. I would happily give up my 4wd place if someone who can't get in at all wants to race.
are we feeling the love in here??!?
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Seems to me that some clubs have given their own members the nod or pre-booked them into the regional. I dont know if this is common practice or the standard across the board. But with a large club with say 100 members restricting the amount of heats would limit the availability of places to visiting drivers there for clubs with smaller amounts of members would have more space for visitors. Just my thoughts
I'm not really bothered about racing at southport it's my least favourite club in the north west I think it takes its self far to serious and most of the members are arrogant and unwelcoming remember that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it !!
I dont know were u get the people at southport are arrogant an unwelcoming there some great ppl there.u obviously didnt come over to the big blue tent an speak.come say hi next time ur there.
Old 07-04-2011
Admin

I can see both sides of the story here. Racers want to race, but equally the clubs have to be able to physically run the meetings and its only possible to fit so much into the schedule.
My own view is that preference should be given to those drivers wishing to complete the required number of rounds in the championship. I believe it would be unfair to book in say 20 local club members, who subsequently do not enter any of the other rounds.
I appreciate the only way to police this may be with a prepay system, which itself requires admin time. Maybe this is something the section can discuss for future years events.
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formally pizzaman View Post
I dont know were u get the people at southport are arrogant an unwelcoming there some great ppl there.u obviously didnt come over to the big blue tent an speak.come say hi next time ur there.
I will then mate I've only raced there at regionals so maybe not the best time to gets feel for the club

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Mate - just to be absolutely clear. Here at Southport we all saw the request from Eric for people to pre-book at exactly the same time this was posted on the SRRC and Oople sites. We received no advantage and no pre-booking by the club. I'm sure the same will go for the other four clubs running the Regionals. I should say I was tardy in booking and consequently didn't get on the list. This might be good news for the better drivers
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
I will then mate I've only raced there at regionals so maybe not the best time to gets feel for the club
i just hope the blue tents big enough
Old 07-04-2011

Budfish - I agree with Footey mate, you are well out of order with those comments. Its your opinion, yes but I'm sure you only formed those views because you can't get an entry? Southport is a well run club, run by decent individuals, end of story. I'm sure lots will agree with me.

I have a question, you're an oople regular, Eric posted 3 weeks ago on here about prebooking and what details he wanted. How many times have you seen the guys at Bury in that time? ok maybe you haven't seen them at all so you can't tell them, fair enough but why haven't you booked in? Have you booked in for the rest of the series or are we going to have this again a few days before all the rounds?

And for a guy who doesn't like things being taken too seriously, you seem to be doing a heck of alot of shouting.

Lastly I understand why you're annoyed. I know everyone looks forward to events like these and not to get in is a real pain but we have to show the organisers some respect, not shouting and upsetting people or they'll not bother giving up their free time for us and racing will stop. Then we'd have to spend time with our wives and girlfriends on the weekend and thats only ever going to lead to one thing, DIY. Nightmare!

Long live toy car racing!
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

andy i dont think budfish has come to that opinion cos hes not got in,weve both been back into racing for nearly 3 years now and have found that quite a few racers seam to think they are some kind of rock star because they can drive a toy car,the type im talking about are in their late 30s still live at home with mum and dad,single and youl find most of them are still virgins!!! have you come across any yet???
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
andy i dont think budfish has come to that opinion cos hes not got in,weve both been back into racing for nearly 3 years now and have found that quite a few racers seam to think they are some kind of rock star because they can drive a toy car,the type im talking about are in their late 30s still live at home with mum and dad,single and youl find most of them are still virgins!!! have you come across any yet???

im sorry i thought this thread was for info on the southport reginal if you ve got a problem start another thread so we can keep this thread on topic
Old 07-04-2011

Mattb, I will agree when you have a large group you're not going to get on with everyone but that might be one or two and his comments are aimed at the club as a whole and I think thats wrong.

Lets all be glad buggys have returned strong, I remember regionals being 6 heats of 2 and 4 mixed. We are in a good place and yes I'm sure we can do things better next year but this year is set. I'm sorry some people can't race but its not anybodys fault, just life.

Anyway as someone kindly reminded us this is a thread about the Southport Regional so lets get back to talking about that.
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
Phew, at 61 that's let me off the hook
Old 07-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Can I remind everyone that at present Bury does not have a track, and is therefore not currently racing.
Our members (those that do not frequent Oople) therefore were not aware that events were pre-booking.

Secondly, I've had a very busy couple of weeks lately and haven't been on here that much. So I was amazed at how fast the rounds have filled up. Anyone on holiday over the Easter period has basically just missed the chance to book in for every round except Bury and we've only not started pre-booking because we want to be 100% sure our new track is ready and working first.

4wd filled up virtually instantly, entirely with people running two classes.

I find myself left in the curious position that I should be one of the people helping to organise the Bury round, and yet it does not seem like I will be competing in any regionals this year. I could race at Bury, but it seems a little pointless to steal someone elses place when I'm not actually competing in the series as a whole.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Phew, at 61 that's let me off the hook
tony your a top bloke
Old 07-04-2011

Don't be so quick to judge the 30 year old. With my missus shouting at me to get off the lap top and my little lad running around the living room destroying everything, I think he might be on a winner!
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

I would have liked to leave it longer before we offered pre booking for Keighley but we were getting messages and emails asking to book in so it was better to get it organised now, rather then in two month time searching back through all the emails and pm's to see who wanted to book in.

I do agree that people who arn't computer savvy might miss out but we're telling all the people we meet at our club meetings that we're pre booking and we've been sending texts to people we know don't frequent oople so were trying to be as fair as possible.

Clown
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Its quite sad reading this thread to see some folks are not happy with the committee at Southport, I am one of the crew that spends my time away from doing my own house diy, to do work on the track fabricate the rostrum, rebuild the club house roof and so on. sometimes without thanks or gain.

If Budfish would like my 2wd and 4wd place on sunday, you can have them.
if you think that me being a srcc member who puts in a lot of work, to be on the driver list because i got the 'nod' before everyone else, then your very wrong. i had to send my intentions to race to Eric as well.

Last year, I/we at southport didnt not expect the numbers we got on the first regional and which resulted in the very long day with racing starting at about 12pm. there was no talk in the pits or on the forums to warn us of the possible attendence.
We aim to have 12 heats of racing and 12 finals started as early as possible, so we can be home before tea time and not supper.

Not directed at anyone:-

If your glass only every gets half full due to your lack of interest, then why bother.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 07-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to Weetabix
Default Southport Regional

Fellow RC Racers,

The facts are so:

The Southport regional was booked via a pre-booking activity advertised at the same time on Oople as well as the Southport website (srcc.co.uk) several weeks ago.

Booking-in was done on a first come, first served basis and I can assure you there has been no special treatment for anyone (in fact one of the committee members had failed to enter on time).

To accommodate the high numbers of racers wanting to race we have added an additional heat to the days running. This is down the committee members giving up even more of their Sunday to run the event (My thanks to them).

The event is now fully booked and the only option for anyone still wishing to take part is to join the reserve list and take the chance on the day of getting a place.

For those who do not feel welcome at the club, then please feel free to PM me or come and find me on Sunday to discuss this further. I personally feel that SRCC is a very well-run club and is welcoming to ‘visitors’ but we are always looking for ways to improve.

As mentioned previously, we have put on an extra heat to get as many racers involved as possible. Please assist us to keep the day on track by arriving on time (late arrivals may lose their place to people on the reserve list) and having the correct money for booking in (£7 per class).

Here is to a day of great racing in a hopefully sunny Southport!

Gary
SRCC Chairman