Old 08-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

They look like associated to me.

Still not built mine yet!!
Had it a week and its still boxed.
Old 09-05-2009

Default cyber10b

Yup There Associated B44 Shocks front and rear.Got my D4 Rear CVD's on today sweet no more flying Dogbone.
Old 13-05-2009

Default Cyber 10b Running Great

Buggy Handles awsome and is much more contrllable then my b44 used to be ,I'm very pleased w/ the overall performance.I have not yet put a slipper clutch in yet but when hpi releases it in June i will pick 1 up.Again Great Performing car Thumbs up to Hpi.
Old 13-05-2009

Had some time to take a few snapshots...

Forgive me ignorance , are the front wheels (IMG_0004.JPG) pointing too much inwards?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0004.JPG (73.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0006.jpg (41.3 KB, 94 views)
Old 13-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfreak View Post
I have not yet put a slipper clutch in yet but when hpi releases it in June i will pick 1 up.
I thought the D4 Slipper will fit, no?

- Paulie
Old 13-05-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinad View Post
Had some time to take a few snapshots...

Forgive me ignorance , are the front wheels (IMG_0004.JPG) pointing too much inwards?
Hi,
From the photo's it does look like they are a little 'inwards'.
It is really hard to spot from a photo as the lens performs all sorts of illusions.

Take the tyres off and just set it with only the wheels on, this takes away the wobbly tyre factor.

Adjust both sides at the same time. Measure with a vernier if pssoible to make sure the left and right steering turnbuckles are the same length at all times.

I'll measure mine when I get home tonight and tell you the length.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 13-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post

I'll measure mine when I get home tonight and tell you the length.
Thanks Adam, you're da best

Btw, do measure only the steering turnbuckles and not something else...
Old 13-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post

Adjust both sides at the same time. Measure with a vernier if pssoible to make sure the left and right steering turnbuckles are the same length at all times.

Hi Adam,

I went through the user manual again and found my mistake

Re-measured and now they look 'normal'

Do you have any recommendations for turnbuckles and rodends?
Old 13-05-2009

Well, I ended up purchasing the Cyber 10b. Been patiently waiting for a 4wd that takes stick packs and comes in a Kit.

I'm part way through the build. The only real surprise so far is no bearings were provided for the diffs. Bushings instead. Some of the center-shaft outdrives are plastic, but that could be a non-issue.

Something very minor - it would have been nice if the manual said the 0.2mm shims were silver and the 0.1mm shims were copper. Quite challenging to work this out yourself at 11pm at night under a fluro light.

Other than that, quality of the parts appear excellent. The plastics have a nice tactile feel and are well moulded. Would strongly suggest using proper hex drivers to make the building experience more enjoyable. Using an Allen key will lead to pain

I was lucky enough to find a second-hand D4 that came with enough parts to fully outfit the Cyber 10b. D4 shocks, WCE slipper, rear CVDs, etc. Eyeballing, everything looks like it will fit except for the center shaft CVDs. Will be able to confirm later this evening.

Here's a question - in the manual it indicates to add diff lube to the ends of all the dogbones. Does anyone do this in practise? My experience is it collects dirt and causes more damage.

Wondering if I should also diff lube the gearbox gears as per the manual. I've never done this to my 2wd Losi but not 100% sure if this is something unique to the HPI plastic gears.
Old 14-05-2009

Default cyber10b

Hey Their is a seperate package w/ an orange paper in it this package has the steel outdrives in it you are looking for..also use the the lube that comes with the red cap it has grey lube in it hope this helps?
Old 14-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawl View Post
... Would strongly suggest using proper hex drivers to make the building experience more enjoyable. Using an Allen key will lead to pain

I totally agree with you. Being totally new to this, I never knew what was coming till I started to lose feeling from my thumb and index finger
Old 14-05-2009

Quote:
Here's a question - in the manual it indicates to add diff lube to the ends of all the dogbones. Does anyone do this in practise? My experience is it collects dirt and causes more damage.
My mistake - I meant to say grease. Regardless, wouldn't greasing up the dogbones and CVDs just end up caking the dogbone with dirt and grime?
Old 14-05-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Hi Scrawl,

I'll try to go through your points 1 by 1.

Pg 13 of the manual shows the part numbers for the shims and the parts list at the back pg 40. Has the colours.
It does look like a slight omission on our part. Duly noted, the instruction guy will be shot

Greasing.
I do put a very small amount of lube on the dogbone end. I use the back grease from the kit or the DIP grease with the orange cap.
The DIP grease with the orange cap is awesome for the gears also. As it the HUDY graphite grease: http://www.mirageracing.com/piw.php?partNo=DY106210

The kit diff lube on the gears will be OK, but a little stiff (i.e. not free to rotate). The black/grey in the kit would be better.

The CVD end I always make sure it is well greased with associated black grease. Wipe off the excess and your good to go.
A well greased CVD that attracts a little dirt is much better than a dry one which over heats

Quote:
Well, I ended up purchasing the Cyber 10b. Been patiently waiting for a 4wd that takes stick packs and comes in a Kit.

I'm part way through the build. The only real surprise so far is no bearings were provided for the diffs. Bushings instead. Some of the center-shaft outdrives are plastic, but that could be a non-issue.

Something very minor - it would have been nice if the manual said the 0.2mm shims were silver and the 0.1mm shims were copper. Quite challenging to work this out yourself at 11pm at night under a fluro light.

Other than that, quality of the parts appear excellent. The plastics have a nice tactile feel and are well moulded. Would strongly suggest using proper hex drivers to make the building experience more enjoyable. Using an Allen key will lead to pain

I was lucky enough to find a second-hand D4 that came with enough parts to fully outfit the Cyber 10b. D4 shocks, WCE slipper, rear CVDs, etc. Eyeballing, everything looks like it will fit except for the center shaft CVDs. Will be able to confirm later this evening.

Wondering if I should also diff lube the gearbox gears as per the manual. I've never done this to my 2wd Losi but not 100% sure if this is something unique to the HPI plastic gears.