Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 20-06-2009

Kev Lee takes the win today!

Cragg was leg 1 winner but he broke in 3rd leg when looking to seal the win but was 4th overall. Grant Williams came in at the 2 spot.

The weather did play it's part with showers so tyre choice was critical between yellows and greens. Kev obviously got it right.

Will be at the track tommorow as 1st reserve for 4wd so may get to play.

Will post post race updates throughout the day :-)
Old 20-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

top man Kev! Long overdue another national win.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 20-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob8246 View Post
Kev Lee takes the win today!

Cragg was leg 1 winner but he broke in 3rd leg when looking to seal the win but was 4th overall. Grant Williams came in at the 2 spot.

The weather did play it's part with showers so tyre choice was critical between yellows and greens. Kev obviously got it right.

Will be at the track tommorow as 1st reserve for 4wd so may get to play.

Will post post race updates throughout the day :-)
Rob, To be fair to Kev (AFAIK) he ran yellows still (new ones) in the run when it rained to take the leg win, not so much the tyres were right more his car!!! Ellis was also on yellows bot nowhere near as dialled as Kev was, then Kev went on and won the leg 3 fom the very first corner right through to the flag, he was never challenged really.

Three 2wd nationals so far this year, Ellis has TQ'd all three of them and now three different drivers (all on the X6 Squared) have won a meeting each (Phil Sleigh, Ellis Stafford and now Kevin Lee) On behalf of X-Factory.......top work guys!!!!!
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 21-06-2009
Mad Member

Ditto Darren. Great showing for the X - 6 Squared and all the X drivers.

Three races, three wins and all TQ. I'm stoked.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 21-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well done Kev!!!!!! And also to Grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the best I have ever seen you drive!!!!!!

Gutted for Ellis, he was some 8 seconds quicker on his fastest time in qualifying.......
Old 21-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

any news lads
Old 21-06-2009
Woop Woop Member

ellis and craggy tied on points after 3 legs

ellis wins by verge of quicker time.

well done mate, after yesterdays bad luck in the finals you managed to peak on leg 3 just like ya said

can i be the first to say thanks to all at epr for a famtastic meeting. the track was prepped to perfection for a second year and the reprofiled big jump was far more consistent this year was gutted to of not been able to of helped this year but have been way to busy with house moves, work etc etc. was great to see the whole team working so hard behind the scenes and watch it run so well. roll on next year and hopefully i will be able to dedicate a little time

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 21-06-2009
Banned

what a great weekend,
thanks to all involved,

trekkker
Old 21-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I popped up for a look today, amazing racing and the track looked superb to race on, can't wait to try it out again at the next regional.

Well done Ellis on the win!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 21-06-2009

Really enjoyed the meeting today even tho did not get to race but Pidge kept me busy all day glueing more and more tyres!!

Excellent work from Matt, Steve and all concerned at EPR for putting on a great show!!
Old 21-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had a great weekend, seeing all you nutters again!!!!!!!!

A MASSIVE "THANKS" to all involved in the meeting!!!!!!!!

From the EPR crew, to the BRCA crew, all the voulnteer ref's, and to all the racers and friends/family of racers.
I was there after most of the people had gone and the site was left very tidy!!!!!

Congrats to Ellis today!!!!!!

And of course to Grant who drove out of his skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-06-2009

Usual EPR quality meeting and well done to all involved.

And I'd like to just say you guys on the commentary are ace...I really thought after Brian leaving last year it would be a bit flat but you guys are great...the 2 commentators at a time bit today was just top quality, really really good

Roll on Southport!!
Old 21-06-2009
Mad Member

Can only echo what has been said already, great meeting, top work!
Old 22-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

brilliant week end superb club and really enjoyed myself thats to evereyone involved , epr track was awesome , well done ellis amazing driving from you and grant , what a top sportman you are buddy , see you all soon guys the legends races were such a hoot too

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 22-06-2009
Mad Member

I would just like to thank everyone involved for their help at EPR over the course of the weekend and in the many weeks on the run up to the meeting. Without the likes of yourselves, EPR nationals would never happen so all these nice words by the racers are for you.

Some changed plans in order to attend whilst no doubt others put the event ahead of family bearing in mind Sunday was Fathers Day.

Thanks too to the racers who left us very little to clear up although we sure have a few runs to the local refuse site with all those bin bags!

Once again, many thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated by us all at the club.

EPR
Old 22-06-2009
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Great job EPR, venue and track were top notch after setting the bar high after all your renovation work for last years National.

Great work on the mike to Tony T, a hidden talent! And of course Tony E and MCDC, the dual commentary all adds to the sense of an event .

Bad luck for grant, everyone knows you were fast though dude!
Old 22-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

what was the 2wd and 4wd top ten
Old 22-06-2009
Mad Member

Many thanks to all the EPR crew, BRCA officals and everyone involved, the track was ACE and the meeting MAXIMUM BEST.

First time for me that I manage to get a decent result in both classes, G final each day, not too bad for a first season, still need to reach my own maximum best performance though.
Old 22-06-2009

What more can I add that hasn't already been said? Top venue, top organisation by the club and the BRCA and excellent all round entertainment.
Echo-ing others, the dual commentary from Tony T and Rob was superb - a great balance of banter, track action and information although I'll never be able to look at another bombhole the same again
Top work guys - special mention to the AE crew. Neil, Lee and the boyz. You really made a young kid's day with your generosity at the end of the event. Young Ellis (as opposed to the old balding one!) is a new racer who worked tirelessly with his dad over the whole weekend as a club helper. With the help of the AE crew, he went home with a big smile and a carrier bag that'll go a long way to make sure he's never 'tyre-less' ever again.
Top gesture guys - respect.
Old 22-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
What more can I add that hasn't already been said? Top venue, top organisation by the club and the BRCA and excellent all round entertainment.
Echo-ing others, the dual commentary from Tony T and Rob was superb - a great balance of banter, track action and information although I'll never be able to look at another bombhole the same again
Top work guys - special mention to the AE crew. Neil, Lee and the boyz. You really made a young kid's day with your generosity at the end of the event. Young Ellis (as opposed to the old balding one!) is a new racer who worked tirelessly with his dad over the whole weekend as a club helper. With the help of the AE crew, he went home with a big smile and a carrier bag that'll go a long way to make sure he's never 'tyre-less' ever again.
Top gesture guys - respect.
hear hear!!
Tamiya
HPI Racing