Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 03-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat*1 View Post
Well im going to get one as i cant seem to get on with my new cougar....
you just let me know if you decide to get one

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 03-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to wouter.z

Anybody noticed the steering rack system??? Its a slide system, looks like dirt can enter it and maybe even jamm it. At least there will be a lot of wear.
Old 03-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes Wouter the steering rack has been discussed on this thread, it seems people are liking the system and from what I have read on RC tech the Losi guys have been testing on dusty 8th tracks and no problems with dirt etc binding steering.

If you look in Rc car action website photos of the 22 they have put small slots in the rack to allow dirt/dust to come out.

I'm sure Losi have got this well thought out!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 03-12-2010

Wouter,
I'll admit that they were similar thoughts when I first saw the prototype a while back but it hasn't been a problem in testing to date.
The rack materials have been carefully chosen and the rack features grooves that are designed to help clear it of any debris.

The testing we've done over here has certainly not shown it to be an issue - that area of the car remains fairly clean anyway.
Old 03-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
Wouter,
I'll admit that they were similar thoughts when I first saw the prototype a while back but it hasn't been a problem in testing to date.
The rack materials have been carefully chosen and the rack features grooves that are designed to help clear it of any debris.

The testing we've done over here has certainly not shown it to be an issue - that area of the car remains fairly clean anyway.
So who has the testing team been?
Old 03-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

It says further back in the thread, Andy Carter (Gnarly Old Dog) and Dave Spashett over "here" on top of 5 or 6 of the US team over "there"
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
It says further back in the thread, Andy Carter (Gnarly Old Dog) and Dave Spashett over "here" on top of 5 or 6 of the US team over "there"
Heard Spashett mentioned, but didn't know Gnarly Old Dog is Andy Carter...

Wonder who else will be signed up
Old 03-12-2010

Default TLR "22"

You've obviously not met Andy face to face, you would know why he is called "Gnarly old dog"
Tamiya M06 low rider pumpkin
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 03-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Heard Spashett mentioned, but didn't know Gnarly Old Dog is Andy Carter...

Wonder who else will be signed up
You asked who had been testing it, as far as who has "signed up", Bloomy will be campaigning the car hard as well as Si Reeves too, plus of course any other recruites they pick up and obtain as they go along too.......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 03-12-2010

Sounds great. So both for 1/10th nationals in 2011. Fingers crossed, once again hopefully another great year for 1/10th off road
Old 04-12-2010

Whilst it's true that we (the TLR Horizon UK 1:10 off-road team) lost some of our high profile and long serving team drivers at the end of the 2010 national season to other teams (and to which we have always wished them well in their future endeavours), contrary to popular belief we did manage to retain some of our drivers and even recruited some newer members to the team - even before the announcement of the TLR22. Details of the team can be found on the team pages of our website www.horizonhobby.co.uk
I am confident that we have a good basis of young (apart from me that is), talented drivers who will ensure good support and helpful advice to anyone driving a TLR product in 2011.

What is often overlooked sometimes is that we also have a very talented group of ex 1:10 drivers who have been concentrating on the company's 1:8 program in recent years and so it is more than possible that any of our drivers may enjoy driving more than one discipline should calendars and priorities allow.
Darren (Bloomfield) is one such driver who I have enormous respect for and will enjoy working with should the opportunity arise.
Old 04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsr250_repsol View Post
Very Nice! All Metric is a BIG plus. The Alloy chassis is very nice also. It should keep the CG low and minimize the need for tons of lead weights. I have been an AE guy for almost 15yrs now but this is reason enough to jump ship. I do hope AE will come up with something to compair.
It took AE that long just to bring out a 4WD buggy and yet had to get someone else to do it for them
Old 04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
From Todd Hodge on Rc Tech:

Unfortunately and Jr. left the company before we started on this design of the new 2wd car. I wish he was at TLR to be a part of it as he was great to work with and I truly miss those days. The 22 was designed from the ground up with input from myself, Dan Hissam, Jukka Steenari, Mike Truhe, Billy Fischer, Matt Chambers, Dustin Evans, and a few others. Dan Hissam was the man behind the PC doing all the CAD work with input from Brent Redlin, Jukka Steenari and myself as he created this masterpiece. As a team, I feel we have done an impressive job with the design of the 22 and I am excited to see it in the hands of the consumer.

2/22/11 sounds like a good release date. We are working diligently on getting the car to market and it will be out in the 1st quarter of 2011.

Its cool Steenari has been working on it, should be ace!
Sweet, nice to see Jukka still in there. Hopefully he is helping with a new 4WD aswell. Got an email from LPH saying ETA Feb

Old 04-12-2010

I've not read any mention of a servo saver, so is this thing going to break servos on a regular basis?
Old 04-12-2010

There are a lot of people who already run cars either without servo savers or with them glued up. The 22 won't break servos any faster than any other install that uses a direct steering link. Besides, the steering horn is composite - with the holding torque of most digital servos, I think you're more likely to damage the spline in the horn before you chew the gears or worse in the servo.

All the testing we've done over here has been with the new Spektrum S6070 low profile servo and we've not damaged the servos to date.
I won't say that it can't or won't happen - but it's no different to many B4 owners who have glued up their servo saver since day 1.
Old 04-12-2010
Mad Member

A vid of one racing in the states, you cant see much....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBoWb...ayer_embedded#!

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 04-12-2010

Indeed, I haven't broken servos in my SV or SX, just horns with savox 1257/1258 servos. Not too often thankfully.

Never had a prob either with my glued saver when I had a b4

Will be ordering one of those spektrum servos after Christmas.
Old 04-12-2010
Mad Member

Spektrum S6070 low profile servo.

Not bad specs on that servo that the team is using.

My Question to the team is when is Horizon and spektrum going to make a stick transmitter for cars?

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 04-12-2010

The guys in the states have been using full sized spektrum servos but we were able to obtain a couple of early samples of the new servo and wanted to prove that we could get all the radio install onto the chassis plate ahead of the cells.

Tough task - especially as we were packaging the Castle Mamba Max Pro ESC which is not known for its small footprint - but we managed it
Old 04-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just looked at the team drivers for 1/10, nigel buck's photo is awesome