Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 15-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I'll dig out what I have later, but it depends on the individual. I.e. I'm running a different set-up to other B4 drivers. Hopefully a XX-CR next time

Personally 6.5 will be too hot for this track
Old 15-06-2009
Mad Member

I race 4wd so not too hot on 2wd setup. What i do know is that the fastest brushless 2wd racers have 5.5 turn and lipo. That is the limit i would say so 6.5 turn is ok, but may be a bit much if you are new to the sport.

Most of the guys with b4's run staggered ribs on the front and minipins on the back. I think yellow schumachers, but don't hold me to that.

Not sure on oil or springs for 2wd, i run 35wt oil in the front and 30wt in the back on my 4wd D4.

The track is quite bumpy and very grippy when dry
Old 15-06-2009

I'm running

Yellow stagger ribs on the front
Green mini spikes on the rear and soon to be blue as yellow and green wear out too quick

35W oil in the front with blue springs
25w oil in the rear with silver springs

10.5 brushless & LIPO. Lead under the LIPO to bring the weight back up.

Car runs ok and not far off 12 laps. I'm the slowest of the A bunch...

Lap record is 14 laps with a Losi XX set last weekend.
Old 15-06-2009

thanks for the reply's i think he will going with a 10.5 system.
Do you run 2 and 4wd all in together
Old 15-06-2009
Mad Member

Hi guys, Hopefully, if I can get the Golf on the road in time, I'll also be along with AmiSMB, and maybe bringing Jon wolfe with us too.

The Durga is ready to roll (has been for months actually)

I know this is a long shot, Dibble, what are the chances of Ian caving in and running a proper Final? it may make some people come back a bit more regularly.

See you all on the 28th with a bit of luck
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 15-06-2009

2wd and 4wd together. however most people run 2WD
Old 15-06-2009

Hopefully I will be down Sunday with the X6. I got Lipo now too, what a flippin difference! I know X6 setup is different but for what it's worth I run staggered's up front, yellow minispikes on the rear, associated shocks with silver springs all round and 30wt oil. 6.5t motor.
Old 15-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
ok guys, my mate shaun who will be coming up with me has just got himself a b4 stealth kit any set up ideas? shock oils etc would be great for me to pass on to me also he is eager to purchase a brushless system tonight and has been recomended a 6.5t system, im thinking this may well be a little bit to much for the track as it seems quite technical and not all about speed what turns are you all running, thanks dave.
p.s almost forgot he'll be running lipo as well
I'm currently running 30wt (schumacher) oil all round, with brown front springs (shocks on the inner hole on the top, outer on the bottom), and green rear springs (middle top, outer bottom). Yellow staggered ribs on the front, mini pins on the back (blue or yellow depending on whether it's dry or wet). This seems to run pretty well on the track, although I'm considering trying 25wt oil. Most of the people at the club prefer green springs on the front, though.

If he's new, a 6.5t brushless may be a bit nippy for him (although quite future proof if he buys a speedo that lets him dial back the top speed). The track doesn't have much in the way of long straights. I run 9 turn brushed, and that's pretty much the max you could need, I think.
Old 16-06-2009
Mad Member

hi im shaun , carty's mate , as he said im going to go with a 10.5 , and start building the car tonight , ready for sunday

im quite exsperienced with racing , but ive only done 1/8th truggy racing in the past , but only recently got into electric indoor racing ..
but to be honest off road is where i like it ..

cheers shaun
Old 16-06-2009
Mad Member

9turn brushed is still pretty tasty!
the 9 single i used to run in my 4wd was as fast as the guys running 5.5L's
Old 16-06-2009
Mad Member

hi me again .. car has just turned up .. ive got shumacher yellow spikes tyres ,as well as the kit tyres , will these be better on the front ..

also what gearing would you run with a 10.5 system , whats the fdr needed for the track ...
thanks again
Old 16-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun m View Post
hi me again .. car has just turned up .. ive got shumacher yellow spikes tyres ,as well as the kit tyres , will these be better on the front ..

also what gearing would you run with a 10.5 system , whats the fdr needed for the track ...
thanks again
right or wrongly I'm running 81/22 on my 10.5 (previous week it was 81/24) as Dibble will testify it's fairly quick. I based it around a 19T in the manual.

A pair of staggered fronts (you can get some at the track if you haven't got any)
Minis on the rear

7.5 is getting tempting again as it may help in breaking into a 12. However I may get an 9.5 or 8.5 motor to add to the collection (Losi 7.5, LRP X11 7.5 & Speed Passion 10.5)
Old 17-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
right or wrongly I'm running 81/22 on my 10.5 (previous week it was 81/24) as Dibble will testify it's fairly quick. I based it around a 19T in the manual.

A pair of staggered fronts (you can get some at the track if you haven't got any)
Minis on the rear

7.5 is getting tempting again as it may help in breaking into a 12. However I may get an 9.5 or 8.5 motor to add to the collection (Losi 7.5, LRP X11 7.5 & Speed Passion 10.5)
when you say you can get some tyres at the track , is there a track shop etc , i want some spare arms , towers , hubs etc .. just to save me getting some off the internet.
Old 18-06-2009

There's a chap at the track who sells consumables (tyres, oil, motor spray, etc), but not car spares.
Old 20-06-2009

I was just gonna ask the same, as I need some staggereds.
Old 28-06-2009
Mad Member

Top crack today guys, 1st time back in a few months, and it was a pleasant surprise to say the least, the attendance had increased 4 fold, literally, since the last time I went.

Car was going good. More varied competition to take on.

Hopefully, numbers like that will happen a bit more regularly now. top stuff

See you all again soon
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 29-06-2009

Cracking day, just think we should have run 3 heats rather than 2 full heats etc.

Got some work to do on the Losi and my ESC wasn't set-up correctly. So fingers crossed next time - Tekin Hotwire software makes it so much easier.
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Had a great time yesterday fantastic little track. Did find the X-6 much better to drive than the CAT SX, although wheelies on the straight were a problem so I am going to drop to a 7.5 a must with Lipo batteries I think. Maybe some more tuning on the CAT SX setup will change that. I was surprised how well my Losi 8T electric truggy went around the track as I have never ran it on Astro before and some of those corners were quite sharp for a 1/8th car. Was great meeting people in person rather than just knowing the forum name. Hopefully will not be long before I can come again.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 29-06-2009

Cheers for the XX bits too Did you get rid of many of the other XX bits?

Yeah 7.5 is what I ran in my Losi with LIPO (just too damn light), the Tekin RS Pro ESC wasn't set right, which I have now corrected. My B4 normally has a 10.5 in it.
Old 29-06-2009

Excellent day's racing, guys. 3 heats would probably have been more sensible, but I didn't half have fun with all those cars on the track