*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
"GAY"

"turd"

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 05-12-2010
Mad Member

Nice car, but it seems to me as though they are heavily inspired by the Durango DEX210 (and perhaps the Durango brand/designs as a whole too). The aluminum plate and the side pods, the front kick up in the plate and the varying depth of the plate (DNX408 style), the reversible gearbox design, the centered saddle pack layout, front shock tower (cross/x-shape), mounting of the front upper arms, and I bet if you give me a manual you'd see many details in the structure sort of referring to other cars they took the ideas from.

You could say it's a rip off - and in a way that's a bit sad - But every brand does it. However, to me there's not much wrong with that unless it's to such an extent that manufacturers get of course, get blinded and stop innovating (because they are afraid to do something radical and new).

I think it's a clever move of Losi to pick up the ideas of the DEX210 quickly - as they are great ideas
Old 05-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

myself looking at it think it looks inspired by the losi 8? (chassis wise)
either way, sexy car!
Old 05-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidka View Post
It's a superior format and for some reason we're stuck on the VW bug format.
Think of Porsche 911 vs Porsche Cayman, thats more the mid vs rear comparison id use. In which case 911 wins for me.
Old 05-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

All the ideas on this car have appeared before somewhere else (ie not the DEX210).
The chassis may be a lot like Durango's, but its also like virtually every single 1/8th from a long time before the Durango.
You could get switchable mid/rear gearbox conversions for RC10's in the late '80's.
So it need not be a copy of the Durango. And even if it is, who's fault is that? If a company chooses to show off its prototypes years before it puts them into production they shouldn't be surprised if someone else gets there first!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Nice car, but it seems to me as though they are heavily inspired by the Durango DEX210 (and perhaps the Durango brand/designs as a whole too). The aluminum plate and the side pods, the front kick up in the plate and the varying depth of the plate (DNX408 style), the reversible gearbox design, the centered saddle pack layout, front shock tower (cross/x-shape), mounting of the front upper arms, and I bet if you give me a manual you'd see many details in the structure sort of referring to other cars they took the ideas from.

You could say it's a rip off - and in a way that's a bit sad - But every brand does it. However, to me there's not much wrong with that unless it's to such an extent that manufacturers get of course, get blinded and stop innovating (because they are afraid to do something radical and new).

I think it's a clever move of Losi to pick up the ideas of the DEX210 quickly - as they are great ideas
Same thing happened with the bj4/b44 and whatever the hot bodies buggy was.
Old 06-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Same thing happened with the bj4/b44 and whatever the hot bodies buggy was.
I know, it happens pretty much everywhere And in case of the B44, one could say that the TRF502X is also 'a bit' like it.

To a certain degree it's good to use each others ideas. Actually, situations like these could speed up innovation a lot - Something that seems to happen in the 2WD scene. In the last few years, many brands (re-) entered the 2WD competition scene, which I really like (2WD rocks! ) - some brands are trying pretty wild ideas compared to how the changes to these cars in the years before that - There is diversion, they are looking closely at developments of one another, and eventually the cars will become closer to each other in design. Some brands may disappear again - until someone turns up with an interesting prototype again, stirring up everything again

(Or at least - that's what I'm thinking right now - I haven't really woken up yet).
Old 06-12-2010
Mad Member

nice car, yellow wheels are gay

Short, but to the point methinks
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 06-12-2010

The speculations of this car being a Durango rip-off/copy are very very wild. Those thinking they've bought Durango's ideas, that's just funny!

Yeah, there are always going to be buggies with the same features on but it doesn't make them a rip-off.

I can tell you that the Xray 808, DNX408 and Agama buggies all have "copies" of the Losi 8IGHT front suspension parts, does that make them a rip off too?
Old 06-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Think of Porsche 911 vs Porsche Cayman, thats more the mid vs rear comparison id use. In which case 911 wins for me.
Yeah but if you gave both cars an LSD and took away all of the stupidly clever electronics keeping the 911 on the road, i think the Cayman would actually be quicker on track
Old 06-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry @ JE Spares View Post
The speculations of this car being a Durango rip-off/copy are very very wild. Those thinking they've bought Durango's ideas, that's just funny!
I don't even see a link to Durango. The last version of the Durango 2WD protoype I saw was a carbon fibre chassis rather than alloy.

Old 06-12-2010

Quote:

If you read more about the design aspect of this car and how long it has been worked on you will see that they started over 18 months ago, when you search 'Durango 2wd' one of the first links is from redrc.net showing prototype pictures of the durango, this was posted on January 15th 2010. In early to mid 2009 there were team drivers testing prototype front ends that incorporated many of the designs used in the 22 as well as a custom longer chassis. The lead designer on the 22, Dan Hissam, is one of the smartest guys in the industry when it comes to the design aspect. so to say that TLR is a copy of the durango is a bit stretched...The chassis design is taken from the 8ight, and there are many more design influences that have taken place in the last 18-24 months.

I know you are not the only one saying this but it gets old after a while.
Old 06-12-2010

Also great first showing for the new car at the Spektrum Race in Wisconsin at Trackside Hobbies. TLR Team Driver Dustin Evans TQ'ing and Winning the first 2 A Mains over some of AE's heavy hitters.
Old 06-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
If you read more about the design aspect of this car and how long it has been worked on you will see that they started over 18 months ago, when you search 'Durango 2wd' one of the first links is from redrc.net showing prototype pictures of the durango, this was posted on January 15th 2010. In early to mid 2009 there were team drivers testing prototype front ends that incorporated many of the designs used in the 22 as well as a custom longer chassis. The lead designer on the 22, Dan Hissam, is one of the smartest guys in the industry when it comes to the design aspect. so to say that TLR is a copy of the durango is a bit stretched...The chassis design is taken from the 8ight, and there are many more design influences that have taken place in the last 18-24 months.

I know you are not the only one saying this but it gets old after a while.
Thanks for the update, I didnīt know that I thought the XXX-CR was pretty recent, and never heard about prototypes and developments from Losi... I guess I should watch Oople a little more then
Old 06-12-2010

Quote:
Thanks for the update, I didnīt know that I thought the XXX-CR was pretty recent, and never heard about prototypes and developments from Losi... I guess I should watch Oople a little more then
XXXCR been out for 4-5 years now I think. Losi himself was probably even there before he went to Kyosho. If Losi have been working on this buggy for the last 18 - 24 months then they have done a really good job keeping it hidden. A XXX-4 CR would of been nice a few years ago or some updates for the tied out XXX4.
Old 06-12-2010

For those after a laugh, check out this Report - http://www.bigsquidrc.com/the-cub-re...just-showed-up
Old 06-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to russmini

What a top report.... Not.

Well, it does say, for Bashers at the top, so why would they even consider it any good... It's a race bred machine and thats where it'll be, at the Races...

Old 06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
I don't even see a link to Durango. The last version of the Durango 2WD protoype I saw was a carbon fibre chassis rather than alloy.

I think it was due to the mid & rear motor mounting and when they saw the aluminum chassis everyone started thinking about the dex410 aluminum chassis and assumed the dex210 was/has an aluminum chassis aswell.
Old 07-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
I think it was due to the mid & rear motor mounting and when they saw the aluminum chassis everyone started thinking about the dex410 aluminum chassis and assumed the dex210 was/has an aluminum chassis aswell.
Well, The Losi aluminum chassis is not in a flashy colour, which (although the Losi chassis don't seem to flashy) is a surprise to me. Itīs colour reminded me a lot of the champagne colour of Durango, and itīs pretty close, though the Losi plate seems more gray.

Together with the mid+rear motor mounting, and shapes in the side pods and body shell just reminded me of some Durango design features a lot - even when the DEX210 has a carbon plate, and the DEX410 is 4WD

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 07-12-2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Incomplete reply
Old 07-12-2010

The car to Catch....Catch 22