Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
I would recommend running the posts away from the motor (so the tekin label reads across from the motor), this way you get less heat soak from the motor into the posts. I also run a small 30mm fan blowing air on the posts. The 410 really has no airways to let air into the shell.
Having seen Jay's car on Sunday, the motor feels lumpy when it's completely cold, so it's nothing to do with which way round the speedo is.
Old 20-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayropes View Post
cheers Randy

its a lot stiffer than my 6.5 gen2, you can feel the small notches as normal but as you rotate the shaft you can feel 2 stiff notches.

if I have the flat edge of the shaft almost at the top of the motor (where the solder posts are) and rotate it clockwise - I can feel several notches, as you would normally for about 1/4 of its rotation, followed by 2 stiff notches. turning it slowly it is difficult to turn the shaft!!, so I suppose it does feel sticky??
Have you stripped the motor down and inspected it? checked the bearings, rotor and ensured nothing is in contact with the rotor?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-08-2013

No, I haven't stripped it a) because I don't like the idea of taking a motor apart and b) it's new and shouldn't need to be taken apart!!

I called rc disco today and arranged to send it to them for inspection!!

Thanks for your help though folks!!

Jay
Old 21-08-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

The "thumps" should all feel the same. If 2 segments felt different drastically you may have a shorted can somehow. Pretty rare.
Old 12-09-2013

Randy

Why has there been such a big gap between discontinuing the the RS pro and releasing the RSx version? Production scheduling or something?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2013

I won't go into great detail but it was a supply issue with a component. Bottom line in the end it that the unit will be better for it.

So far the production units the team has tested are nothing short of stellar. It's been so good that it's tough to believe at times.

HV bec, data logging, fan if you need it, just a tick larger than the RS Pro...improved wiring layout,etc.
Old 12-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
I won't go into great detail but it was a supply issue with a component. Bottom line in the end it that the unit will be better for it.

So far the production units the team has tested are nothing short of stellar. It's been so good that it's tough to believe at times.

HV bec, data logging, fan if you need it, just a tick larger than the RS Pro...improved wiring layout,etc.
Sounds great, but when is it out to buy?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-09-2013

Cool but I reckon it will retail at £250.

Shame the RS gen can't handle 7.5 or 6.5 motor as that what most drivers use in the UK. I guess it was released early for the US market.

A friend of mine alway found it odd that US club scene use lower powered motors than the UK club scene when he raced in the US.
Old 21-09-2013

After some help. I just installed a Tekin RS Pro in my DEX210 with a SP 13.5 Motor. Running 232 software and set a base set up from this thread for a similar setup and having issues getting full throttle.

Radio is correctly calibrated as when I hit max Brake or Throttle I get the full Ramp up of lights and they all flash indicating max. However when pushing the throttle the car is only getting about 10% speed and barely faster than walking pace. I've tried it in sensored and dual mode, tried all sorts of settings including trying to recalibrate the radio and adjust EPA but still the same. Help?
Durango DEX410R
Old 22-09-2013

I changed the throttle profile on the esc to no.5-more aggressive convex and its gained some speed but still about 50% of what it should be. That's obviously helped but what is it that I'm missing that's causing the lack of speed?
Durango DEX410R
Old 24-09-2013

First thing to inspect is to assure your A B C wires are in the correct order.

Next up is to verify the motor is working properly. IF the esc is showing all led's and flashing it's giving full power to the motor, whether or not the motor is good isn't something the esc can verify.

Do you have another motor to test with?
Old 24-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
First thing to inspect is to assure your A B C wires are in the correct order.

Next up is to verify the motor is working properly. IF the esc is showing all led's and flashing it's giving full power to the motor, whether or not the motor is good isn't something the esc can verify.

Do you have another motor to test with?
Thanks for the reply Randy. Yes all motor wires are correct and I've tried the motor in my 4wd just now with the hobbywing and its fine.

I just out it back in with the Tekin and turned the throttle profile to C2 and put the boost to Maximum to see what would happen. Wow. It's gone ballistic, just how it should be. It seems adjusting the boost makes a massive difference and I had it set low previously causing hardly any speed so it seems turning it up increases the power, obviously. I've been playing with the timing advance but it seems to have little or no effect on the power/speed.
What settings would you recommend I have for the timing advance, boost,turbo, turbo ramp/delay?
Durango DEX410R
Old 24-09-2013

Default set up advice

Hi guys, any setuo advice, I'm running a rs pro with a tekin redline Gen2 7.5 in a kyosho rb6. I'm racing on highgrip astro, also what size spur and pinion would be best for keeping the temp down?

Cheers matt
B44.3
Renault Clio 1.5 Speed machine
Sanwa
Old 25-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt76 View Post
Hi guys, any setuo advice, I'm running a rs pro with a tekin redline Gen2 7.5 in a kyosho rb6. I'm racing on highgrip astro, also what size spur and pinion would be best for keeping the temp down?

Cheers matt
Hi Matt, I run 25/76 on most tracks with a Gen2 7.5 in my RB6. Kev Lee's RS Pro setup sheets are available on inside line racing's facebook page along with his kyosho setup sheets
Old 25-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmurphy View Post
Hi Matt, I run 25/76 on most tracks with a Gen2 7.5 in my RB6. Kev Lee's RS Pro setup sheets are available on inside line racing's facebook page along with his kyosho setup sheets
That's brilliant, thanks a lot
B44.3
Renault Clio 1.5 Speed machine
Sanwa
Old 26-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

At last (not that I will get one as Im happy with what I have, but could be tempted) they have released pics and some info

Tekin introduce the RSX competition brushless speed controller. The compact unit is designed for the use with 2S to 3S LiPo battery packs and it offers a billet aluminium heatsink housing, an optional fan shroud system and a highspeed fan for maximum cooling. The controller is compatible with sensored and sensorless motors, offers easy on-board programming and an adjustable high voltage BEC system with 6V to 7.4V output. Sporting an 180A rating the RSX is good for the use with motors as low as 2.5T with 2S batteries and 8.5T motors with 3S packs.
Features:
– Billet aluminum heatsink housing
– Optional fan shroud system and high speed fan for maximum cooling
– Ultra-smooth and precise throttle and braking control
– Compatible with sensored/sensorless brushless and brushed motors
– High voltage programmable BEC
– EZ access HotWire programming port
– HotWire PC interface for advanced programming and updating
– On-board temperature indicator
– Gold-plated solder posts for easy wire replacement

Specifications:
– High voltage BEC (6.0v/7.4v)
– Controls: forward/brake/reverse
– Input voltage: 4-9 cells, 2S-3S LiPo
– BEC: 6.0v / 7.4v 5.5amps
– Timing profiles: 7 choices (on board)
– Dimensions: 25.4x33x12.9mm
– Weight: 42g

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 28-09-2013

How will the smartphone app work with the new rsx? Will I need the hotwire or can it be programmed without it?
Any ideas on a UK release date and RRP?
Old 30-09-2013

Hi, I'm having problems with the Hotwire software version 223 on a new RS ESC running on a home PC with XP, all windows service packs, security updates, etc fully up to date.

When I run Hotwire it connects to the ESC fine, I can only run the basic version not the full one despite clicking to install the full version -edit - managed to get both versions to install at different times but both with same issues - Whenever I click the 'setup' tab I get 'setup notes' opening which prevents me from viewing the complete options and sliders. I can't find any way to close this down? I've tried to reinstall, no luck, despite restarting after installing. I also get the profile curve C1 popping up at random times too when trying to change settings for brakes or throttle? The only way to get rid of this is to click on curves then back to what you want to change but as soon as you adjust a setting up pops the C1 curve again?
So far very unimpressed with the interface.
Old 01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmurphy View Post
How will the smartphone app work with the new rsx? Will I need the hotwire or can it be programmed without it?
Any ideas on a UK release date and RRP?
The app may require a udpated Hotwire Gen2. We're testing a lot of devices right now which is what is taking up the time.

World release will happen all at once and should be soon.
Old 01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulj View Post
Hi, I'm having problems with the Hotwire software version 223 on a new RS ESC running on a home PC with XP, all windows service packs, security updates, etc fully up to date.

When I run Hotwire it connects to the ESC fine, I can only run the basic version not the full one despite clicking to install the full version -edit - managed to get both versions to install at different times but both with same issues - Whenever I click the 'setup' tab I get 'setup notes' opening which prevents me from viewing the complete options and sliders. I can't find any way to close this down? I've tried to reinstall, no luck, despite restarting after installing. I also get the profile curve C1 popping up at random times too when trying to change settings for brakes or throttle? The only way to get rid of this is to click on curves then back to what you want to change but as soon as you adjust a setting up pops the C1 curve again?
So far very unimpressed with the interface.
It sounds like you may have not gotten a proper install done. You need to go into the control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall the current Hotwire. Reboot the PC, go to www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html and download the latest Hotwire software which is 238.