Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 21-11-2011

Not sure I can make this weekend
Old 21-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
Cheers
Wanted it bright so I could see it, (old age) Sshmuttley, you are aware that no wheels or tyres are included in the kit, was recomended to get DE Racing wheels as the HPI one's will strip the hexes out quite easy also the trye of choice will probably be Schumacher mini spike for the astro turf.
Hope this helps.
Tony.
Hi Tony thanks for the info yes I've been researching SC for a couple of months now and decided to opt for a kit, as it will help me understand how the things work! I was wondering about the ProLine BowTie SC M2 Tyres which you can get pre mounted, they get great reviews in the states, bit pricey though

thanks again
Steve
Old 21-11-2011

Good tyre for dirt but useless on astro. the only tyre's i've heard will work on astro is fastrax kourse kings and schumacher mini spike/mini pin.
When building the thrust race for the diff go careful not to over tighten as the washer will shatter, also if you have an M3 TAP it's worth cutting threads into the long step screws for the steering assembly as the heads can shear off before they reach there stop point. If theres anything i can help with let me know.
Old 22-11-2011

Quote:
Good tyre for dirt but useless on astro. the only tyre's i've heard will work on astro is fastrax kourse kings and schumacher mini spike/mini pin.
When building the thrust race for the diff go carefull not to over tightten as the washer will shatter, also if you have an M3 TAP it's worth cutting threads into the long step screws for the steering assembly as the heads can shear off before they reach there stop point. If theres anything i can help with let me know.

I had alot of grip off the standard kit tyres included with the SC10 4x4, they were pretty grippy too...
Old 22-11-2011

Quote:
When building the thrust race for the diff go careful not to over tighten as the washer will shatter, also if you have an M3 TAP it's worth cutting threads into the long step screws for the steering assembly as the heads can shear off before they reach there stop point. If theres anything i can help with let me know.
Thanks very much for the info, still going over the instruction manual so haven't started building yet, thanks for the offer of help! If I get stuck would you mind a few PM's? Do you mean section 14 when you mention the 'thrust race'? There is a bit about over tightening and a warning about damaging a washer?
Old 22-11-2011

Yes section 14, I broke one of the washers and i'm sure it was not over tightend. they appear to be a bit weak, when I spoke to the shop they told me it was a common problem.
Old 22-11-2011

Quote:
Yes section 14, I broke one of the washers and i'm sure it was not over tightend. they appear to be a bit weak, when I spoke to the shop they told me it was a common problem.

Thanks
Old 23-11-2011

Bring them trucks along this Sunday.
Old 25-11-2011

Default Gearing

Just a quick question to all SC drivers, what's the best gearing for a track like TORCH's? I'm really new to RC and would really appreciate any input from experienced SC owners, cheers in advance!
Old 25-11-2011

No one's really raced around TORCH, and it also depends on your motor and ESC as to the gearing you'll need. It may pay you to ask in the truck section and state what motor/ESC combo you'll be running.
Old 25-11-2011

Quote:
No one's really raced around TORCH, and it also depends on your motor and ESC as to the gearing you'll need. It may pay you to ask in the truck section and state what motor/ESC combo youl be running.
OK cheers,
Old 27-11-2011

Well, we ran our big dumper trucks today and we all gave them a thrashing and some, mine lacked a bit of off-power steering but was awesome to drive, hope to see a few more at TORCH soon.
Old 27-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

My glitching I think is from a change of servo from the last car it was in.

The Hobbywing 150A sppedo used to be teamed with a Savox 1258, it's now with a 1256.

It seems that combo is not good for the Hobbywing rubbish built-in BEC, so one needs to use an external BEC.

An external capacitor can help, but not always...

Worth a try. I've no idea where I'm going to fit a BEC, receiver and PT though...
Old 27-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncrabb View Post
Worth a try. I've no idea where I'm going to fit a BEC, receiver and PT though...
Plenty of room in your big truck mate!! Shock towers are open to mounting something.

2011 DMCRC Mini Mod Champion / NFRCC Mini Champion
CWIC 2010/11 2nd Place Mini / Pirate RC SRS 17th 2011

Top Mini Sabre (Mini Mod), Tamiya M06 (Mini Stock) Tamiya M05
Losi 8ight EU, Team Associated / CML C4.1
Old 28-11-2011

Quote:
Well, we ran our big dumper trucks today and we all gave them a thrashing and some, mine lacked a bit of off-power steering but was awesome to drive, hope to see a few more at TORCH soon.

Big Dumb Trucks are the nuts......

Really enjoyed it, will be great, fantastic when the numbers go up..... suprised at the lap times being done by them, not as much difference as expected....

thinking my motor is not doing the job, so maybe looking for a 'new' replacement (the current one is 2nd hand, and i am suspisious, for a 5.5 SC 550 it does not move as much as I would expect)

Thinking windy days and SC do not mix so good....

Hopefully Steve will be getting rid of the gremlins for the next time...
Old 28-11-2011

Gutted mine has died, however wheels in motion for replacement ESC and motor. Just need to find £180 this side of christmas now
Old 28-11-2011

Lordnikon, what car have you got?
Old 28-11-2011

ITs the Ansmann X4SC Pro but its now a mish mash of kevlar diff gears, uprated suspension and 1/8th electrics. Pretty sure i know what the problem is, just need to test it and order replacements
Old 28-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKay View Post
thinking my motor is not doing the job, so maybe looking for a 'new' replacement (the current one is 2nd hand, and i am suspisious, for a 5.5 SC 550 it does not move as much as I would expect)
Down the straight yours seemed very similar speed to mine.

But I thought mine was way undergeared, the motor was hardly warm after 5 minutes.

What sort of ratio are you on? I'll have to work mine out...
Old 28-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncrabb View Post
Down the straight yours seemed very similar speed to mine.

But I thought mine was way undergeared, the motor was hardly warm after 5 minutes.

What sort of ratio are you on? I'll have to work mine out...

It should be about right, according to the Tekin guy's, however it is not getting hot at all.... maybe take it up a tooth next time first....

I will have to work mine out too....