Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 16-08-2011

Arrow schumacher mission

Hi all , im planning to get back into touring car racing after a long break and have been offered the above car and was wondering if i could get your opinions on the car as a competitive entry level kind of car

Andy
Old 16-08-2011
Mad Member

What version of the mission is it? If it's an original it will be ok to get your teeth into the sport but only pay around £20-£35 for a good one with spares. Any more and you are paying over the odds.

The original can't take lipos easily as well.

Post pics etc if you have any
Old 16-08-2011

I have an Mi1 which is the same car with a lipo chassis, its very competitive but as its an old design has a few flaws that havn't been addressed. If you want to race outdoors and if it hasn't already, will need a hole through the chassis under the rear diff to let any stones or debris out otherwise your belts and pulleys will get ruined. (see exploded views of Mi2 on racing-cars.com)
I have upgraded the front diff to a Mi4CX spool, housings to ali and fusion steel driveshafts other than that it is kit.
Old 16-08-2011

I have a schumacher mission as my first touring car. Yes it has a few flaws but is a cheap way to get started and easy to set up. I race mine in the 17.5 class outdoors at Bedworth and it keeps up with more expensive cars. Paid £30 for mine with a esc and brushed motor. So if you get it cheap its a great car to get you going and you can still get all the spares and upgrades for it. Mine is standard inc front diff just run the front diff tighter than the rear. Only had to modify the battery arangement to fit my lipo. One mod that is worth it that I plan to get is the schumacher option part spur gear adapter. This allows you to fit smaller spurs this is needed for brushless 17.5 class as you need to gear it something like 3.5 final ratio. Mine as standard has a whole under the rear diff so fingers crossed no problems running it outdoors. If its cheap get it, then when you have ran it for some time and got the best you can consistent good times then upgraded and buy a better chassis as you will have all the electrics etc.
Old 18-08-2011

Thanks for the feed back , very useful , As stated in the last post i dont want to start with an expensive setup until i can get my car in sync with my brain
Also i suppose ANY car is only as good as the driver up to a point anyway

Andy