Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2009

Lets give him 1 more chance to sort himself out. Then if he messes up then we just do not post a reply to any of his threads.

Lets not make this thread into a pick on Stampy again.

Stampy needs to learn not to reply to posts thats attacking him, but just to laugh it off.

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 18-11-2009

Stampy im not having a go, but you told people before you never raced?
Old 18-11-2009

He had one race if I remember Pete.

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

i have raced about 5 times now pete
Old 18-11-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Put the losi in a locked cupboard/under the stairs/in the garage.
Do the same to the B4.
Cancel all orders for new cars. You've got enough already if the wife is not racing.
The madrat and your bashing trucks are the only cars you are ever allowed to evn try until the outdoor season starts, or you're racing indoors.
Until then bash, enjoy and forget about racing.
We're indoors at York nearly every saturday, so get down and speak to the racers about help with set-ups.
Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampede vxlboy View Post
Im returning to this after a loooooooong lay off, and I cant get round the track once without wiping out.
I have chosen my cars, and im going to stick with them and learn how to drive them again.
You need to do the same mate, there are people on here with years of experience, who will be better drivers than we will ever be will just stop helping you.
You need to listen to them, your xx4 is good enough, the only place you will know if it is no good for you is the race track, get to some races and lean both on the track and off.
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

i will do mate it was peole say why did i buy xxx4 coz they are not good on out side tracks people like jimmy76 end of the day i am going on what people said and what i have seen the car on grass andi think the same that all pete . i am going to stick with them and just keep trying to race better with them till i know the car inside out and see what the best at the end of the day thanks
Old 18-11-2009

So where you racing next? York sat night?
Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Raced 5 times since June?
Old 18-11-2009
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

B4 Pete you need to button this one up, with the thread I closed yesterday because of the poor way you let rip on a reputible model shop, with an attitude of a child, and now your provoking a previous 'trouble' member who is trying to mend his ways.

In my eyes, and alot of others, you are now coming aross as the old stampy!

Stampede VXL, please keep up the good effort, ask questions if your curious but please dont react to members who are out for a reaction.
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Stampy, to agree with Mallet etc, the approach your now going for is best, of running what you have indoors over the winter and see where your at come spring!

To clarify about the xxx4, it has a reputation for not taking the bumps too well outdoors, but for 99% of us will be just fine! If it doesn't feel good guys at your club will help set it up indoors as a good start point!

Dave
Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
I started back racing after 5 years + away from it with a 'found in shed' MR4BC which was great to get back into the swing of things, although finding parts was a nightmare. It got me through the few weeks remaining of the indoor season until I swapped to a T3 truck to go outdoors. It wasn't until many months later I got my B44. About 3 weeks before we ended our outdoor season.

Stick with one car and get it running nicely is good advice. It's much like talking to people who can't do a lap without crashing about a 6.5 motor
That last paragraph is key. I've been playing virtual RC lately, and with a fast car I've crashing off and getting lap times of over 16 seconds. If I stick with a slow car I'm having smoother laps and doing regular 13 second laps. Although it's only 'virtual', I'd imagine it's very much like the real thing in this scenario.

Edit, also, you could give me my lazer zx-5 or a dex410, and I probably wouldn't be able to tell you the difference, and that's because I'm just getting back into it and don't know the feel of my own car.

Getting back into it after 14 year...so be gentle
Web Design Durham
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

if anything I think it might be harder to start now than it was when I got my 1st car (manta ray). It seems everyone has brushless gear and lipos and when I started it was a mechanical speedo and a 540 motor with a 1200 nicd stick

It wasn't until xmas that year until I upgraded to 1400 packs and a very basic electronic speedo
Old 18-11-2009

The xxx4 is a very good car and has lots of plus points, it's easy to work on and you can get parts for it, and if you look around in the Losi forum there are some standard set up sheets for different conditions and you could get it going pretty well on almost any surface, it's only on the roughest of rough tracks that it seems to struggle a bit. In the right hands though it did well a few years ago in Nationals and even won the worlds (although not on an English type track).

My advice (as someone who is still learning myself) would be stick with it and try to improve your driving up to a point, and get a feel for how set ups change the car behaviour, that is IMO one of the hardest things to understand and get to grips with. ANY car can feel terrible on any track if the set up and tyre combination is not right. Get a set up that feels ok and try to do a heat without making a mistake, and try to improve lap times from there.

Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
B4 Pete you need to button this one up, with the thread I closed yesterday because of the poor way you let rip on a reputible model shop, with an attitude of a child, and now your provoking a previous 'trouble' member who is trying to mend his ways.

In my eyes, and alot of others, you are now coming aross as the old stampy!

Stampede VXL, please keep up the good effort, ask questions if your curious but please dont react to members who are out for a reaction.
Moderator or not, YOU need to chill out. I talk to Stampy via PM and actually he is an alright guy, maybe a bit understood.

I was only asking if he raced 5 times since June, whats wrong with that, im not provoking him.

If you actually want the full story, I had started to type

''You have raced 5 times since January, what cars did you use?'' , to say, he needed to stick and learn with the one car, if he raced 5 times with different cars. But, Racdeaf walked into my office and I hit the retun key accidently before I finished typing. I came back my my desk, and alas, you jumped in with your post.

As for the thread closed yesterday, it was just getting stupid, hence why I asked for it to be locked. I said I was wrong, and when I receive my parts, Ill call them and apologise for being a Dick.
Old 18-11-2009
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Moderator or not? I dont think that matters in the slightest, oople is reknown for its laid back approach compared to other forums, so dont throw that in to the mix!

All of the crap you post is verging on the worst excuses and reasons for covering your own arse i've heard since I've helped Jimmy with this site.

First things first, pressing the return key starts a new line, your required to 'click' submit reply, even tabing only goes to the emotion icons below.

Your excuses for the Mk racing situation were poor, your back was against the wall as you know you were in the wrong and you still use the lamest of the lame excuses for trying to keep your head above the water which was seen as a fail by every one beside your self.

You need less hostility in your posts, you come across as aggressive and devensive in the same posts!

Back on to the topic as per started, any more can be sent via a pm if needed.
Old 18-11-2009

Return key, clicked the mouse, you know what i mean.
Still no parts from MK, going to call them in a min. Just to answer your post.

Anyway, back on topic.

Stampy

You have raced 5 times since January, what cars did you use?
Old 18-11-2009

I agree the XXX4 was not that good on grass we had to make a lot of changes to make it work, Too many to dicuse on this web site.

I would go for the B44 there are plenty of spares and there are plenty of people to help you with set ups. The std car works well on all surfaces.

Good luck to you.
Old 18-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
i will do mate it was peole say why did i buy xxx4 coz they are not good on out side tracks people like jimmy76 end of the day i am going on what people said and what i have seen the car on grass andi think the same that all pete . i am going to stick with them and just keep trying to race better with them till i know the car inside out and see what the best at the end of the day thanks
don;t be dragging me into this again. you asked for my opinion on the car (after you bought it!) and I gave you the opinion from a serious racers point of view. Most other serious racers will agree with that view that the car isn't great outdoors on bumpy tracks, but is excellent indoors on smooth tracks.

BUT, for a beginner who has no idea about racing, it will get you round the track just as well as most other cars. Only once you get to a certain ability will you notice the benefit of other cars, so stick with it and learn how to drive/set up a car and how a race meeting runs.

Out of the 2 you suggested i would certainly go for a B44. Better car, cheaper spares and more widely available spares and set ups.

But as previously stated in here, you will need all new saddle packs so hold off for a season until you can drive properly, then take the plunge if you have decided racing is something you like.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 18-11-2009
Banned

i am selling the car and putting the money away till next year and buy a new 1 as i have got somebody that wont it and i cannot refuse
Closed Thread