Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 15-04-2009

Lets not forget as Eddie Jordan said on the BBC, alot of credit should go to Honda and alot of the staff that were made redundant before Team Brawn emerged, as they did alot of the development with this car.

Credit where its due.

nice to see Farrari behind (or not see them LOL)
Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

Yes, Honda had 700 people to design and build their new car - so did Ferrari, McLaren, etc. What does that prove?

Brawn may have fewer people, but then again they don't need a test team (mostly banned during the season) and they don't need an engine integration team (no engine changes of note now allowed) and they don't need a wind tunnel team owrking on natty little bits to screw on the bodywork (not allowed). And, on top of that, they are working into a set of Rules designed to reduce costs.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, this situation has been happening on some level ever since Colin Chapman made the Ford/Cosworth DFV a stressed member of the chassis, and everyone else played catch-up until his untimely death because he was so good at reading the Rules and making things that met them - but better. There's nothing new under the sun... (except Jenson having a competitive car - go Button!! )
Old 15-04-2009

going completly of topic now i apoligize but i wanted to ask does anybody know if there are any plans to rescue wrc as i hear next season there will only be ford running seems a shame that the likes of mitsibishi and subaru pugoet and others are all prepeard to let the sport die after making thier money from it i bet collin mcrea and richard burns would be turning in thier graves rip boys agian sory for going off topic

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

supporting r/c in the midlands
Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayze08 View Post
going completly of topic now i apoligize but i wanted to ask does anybody know if there are any plans to rescue wrc as i hear next season there will only be ford running seems a shame that the likes of mitsibishi and subaru pugoet and others are all prepeard to let the sport die after making thier money from it i bet collin mcrea and richard burns would be turning in thier graves rip boys agian sory for going off topic
Unfortunately I'll think you'll find most of those manufacturers would take issue with you saying they made money from it, the reason its on its arse is because they didn't! Don't get me wrong, in the past its made a big difference to the image of a manufacturer such as Subaru, but I don't think they are making money now from it or have at any time recently! There's no point Peugeot and Citroen being against each other in it either as they sell the same cars!!

Unfortunately the new rules for next year aren't what Citroen/Scooby want either so they'll probably walk too!
Old 15-04-2009

i understand were in a recation and times are hard for money just seems a waste to let wrc die

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
i understand were in a recation and times are hard for money just seems a waste to let wrc die
Your right, hopefully it can survive as a privateer class!?
Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 mini View Post
Lets not forget as Eddie Jordan said on the BBC, alot of credit should go to Honda
A lot of credit should go to Super Aguri. The double decker diffuser was something they came up with when developing the old Hondas. When they shut down their aerodynamicists moved to Honda to develop this years car, while another ex-Aguri aerodynamicist moved to Toyota.

Quote:
alot of the staff that were made redundant before Team Brawn emerged
Brawn making a lot of people redundant got a lot of publicity. Shame nothing has been said about all the redundancies from all the other teams now they don't need a test team, nor do they need 3 teams of modelmakers working shifts to build enough parts to keep the wind tunnels supplied 24 hours a day.

For all the repeated posturing from Renault about their diffuser design being illegal, how come they haven't shown anything to show what the FIA had rejected to prove they are right?

Part of me wanted the rules to be 'clarified' (you can't ban a part that's currently legal) just to see what explanation the others come up with when Jenson puts it on pole again in China.
Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
A lot of credit should go to Super Aguri. The double decker diffuser was something they came up with when developing the old Hondas. When they shut down their aerodynamicists moved to Honda to develop this years car, while another ex-Aguri aerodynamicist moved to Toyota.

Brawn making a lot of people redundant got a lot of publicity. Shame nothing has been said about all the redundancies from all the other teams now they don't need a test team, nor do they need 3 teams of modelmakers working shifts to build enough parts to keep the wind tunnels supplied 24 hours a day.

For all the repeated posturing from Renault about their diffuser design being illegal, how come they haven't shown anything to show what the FIA had rejected to prove they are right?

Part of me wanted the rules to be 'clarified' (you can't ban a part that's currently legal) just to see what explanation the others come up with when Jenson puts it on pole again in China.
The redundancies are a huge shame, but its not the teams fault (any of them), not sugggesting your saying it is by the way, its a consequence of the new rules and "cost cutting" from the FIA
Old 15-04-2009

ready cus here comes a bold statement but does the fia actuly have a clue its constanly changeing its mind and nine time out of ten it seems to go to the highest bider bye the way im not saying i could do better

XX4, XXX4 AND B44

Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

Quote:
WRC is dying but the IRC looks like it's gonna step up to the mark and surpass it.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looking at this mornings stories it looks like the Hamiltons are succeeding in kicking Ron Dennis out of his own team, the guy who paid for Hamilton to get to F1

I really think Mclaren are going to have to bite the bullet and kick Hamilton out at some point, no way should a driver and his dad have this much influence!
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Looking at this mornings stories it looks like the Hamiltons are succeeding in kicking Ron Dennis out of his own team, the guy who paid for Hamilton to get to F1

I really think Mclaren are going to have to bite the bullet and kick Hamilton out at some point, no way should a driver and his dad have this much influence!
I totally agree I have just read this too
The British newspapers are all reporting that Dennis will speak to the staff at McLaren headquarters in Woking today to inform them that his 40-year career in Formula One is over.

The decision is meant to be a pre-emptive strike that will not only lessen McLaren's punishment but also ensure that the team holds onto Lewis Hamilton, as his father/manage Anthony is still debating whether to move his son to another team.

The Daily Mail claims that 'his withdrawal will also meet with approval in the Hamilton household. Lewis's father and manager, Anthony, finds Dennis prickly and arrogant. They have not seen eye to eye for some time.

'It is understood that Hamilton Snr and Mosley have been in contact over the last few days, with both keen to see Dennis leave the sport. The Hamiltons have sided with Whitmarsh since the scandal broke prior to the Malaysian Grand Prix a fortnight ago.

'The fact that they have effectively won the battle means that Lewis is now unlikely to seek to leave.'.

Kick the hamiltons out we dont need prima donna,s If they cant kick him out put him as third driver till his dad gets his head from out of his arse. It always annoys me when I see him lording it in the pits. Health and safety should ban all but mechanical staff from the race pit area.
By the way did he get prosecuted for crashing a new porche into a playground a while back.
Old 16-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Sounds like a wild excuse for a paedophile to me.

The playground incident, not ron dennis

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
I totally agree I have just read this too
The British newspapers are all reporting that Dennis will speak to the staff at McLaren headquarters in Woking today to inform them that his 40-year career in Formula One is over.

The decision is meant to be a pre-emptive strike that will not only lessen McLaren's punishment but also ensure that the team holds onto Lewis Hamilton, as his father/manage Anthony is still debating whether to move his son to another team.

The Daily Mail claims that 'his withdrawal will also meet with approval in the Hamilton household. Lewis's father and manager, Anthony, finds Dennis prickly and arrogant. They have not seen eye to eye for some time.

'It is understood that Hamilton Snr and Mosley have been in contact over the last few days, with both keen to see Dennis leave the sport. The Hamiltons have sided with Whitmarsh since the scandal broke prior to the Malaysian Grand Prix a fortnight ago.

'The fact that they have effectively won the battle means that Lewis is now unlikely to seek to leave.'.

Kick the hamiltons out we dont need prima donna,s If they cant kick him out put him as third driver till his dad gets his head from out of his arse. It always annoys me when I see him lording it in the pits. Health and safety should ban all but mechanical staff from the race pit area.
By the way did he get prosecuted for crashing a new porche into a playground a while back.
What summed them up for me was Brazil last year, in the middle of the ecstacy of winning the championship, his dad cared more about him only speaking into the microphones of tv companies who always said what they wanted!! You could clearly hear him say in Lewis' ear "this one's ITV, they are ok to speak to"
Old 16-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Dave i think that is only natural though, if i had been slagged off by spanish press all year i wouldn't want to speak to them when there was people there who had supported you all year.

I do agree though his dad is a tit, im surprised he hasn't run up on to the podium and snatched the trophy out of lewis' hands yet and shouted "ITS MINE ALL MINE"

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-04-2009

I thought Ron Dennis announced a while back that he would be steeping down from McLaren's F1 activities to concentrate on the road side of the McLaren and that Martin Whitmarsh would be taking over...

I certainly remember reading about it long before the F1 season got going...
Old 16-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonky View Post
I thought Ron Dennis announced a while back that he would be steeping down from McLaren's F1 activities to concentrate on the road side of the McLaren and that Martin Whitmarsh would be taking over...

I certainly remember reading about it long before the F1 season got going...
Very true, i wouldn't believe everything you hear/read in the press, they make stuff interesting to sell papers remember

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-04-2009
Lee-Mag

According to SSN Ron dennis has stepped down!!!

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-04-2009

I think the press are making this into a bigger story than it is!

Was always planned for him to step away from the F1 side of things...
Old 16-04-2009

pitty realy i know hamilton has a get out cluas in his contract for slander against his name he shold leave instead of ron dennis in my opinion

XX4, XXX4 AND B44