Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 29-10-2011

Default lloking at an x2c,any good and spares avalability

As above,currently run a 22 and am looking for something different from the 22's and dex210's which smother the field at my local club(taplow)
There is one x2c which runs at the club which goes really well,handles great and is as above...... different.

He seemed to have issues with the idlers even though his is modded with the ally rear bulhead etc etc so would have thought he would have modded the idlers with the rw items?is there still an issue?

Point 2..parts dont seem to be readily available,my local stockist is apex models and they dont have any of the hop ups such as the ally bulkhead listed which seems strange,is there a parts issue with these?

any help and pointers greatly appreciated....and no i dont mind if the brand has a stigma regarding not being 'proper buggys because the price isn't bloated' type of thing!!
Old 29-10-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

Got rid of my 22 and bought an x2c. The x2c, even on kit settings is alot faster and easier to drive than the 22 OVERALL. The 22 is awesome in the right conditions but pants when not. The x2c feels like an x factory x6 but with more steering as standard. Really stable and doesnt bite you when you get it wrong.
The idlers need replacing, i bought some metal ones for the hpi e firestorm which were about 3 quid each (needs 2) ands thats about it really.
It does feel a bit plasticky but goes very well.
You wont be dissapointed
Old 29-10-2011

your are more than welcome to have a go with mine next week at taplow to see if you like them, iv not had an issue with getting spares, i get mine from kevin at model cars reading
Old 29-10-2011

stumpiey was yours the one i saw?(purple shell with white speedo wires?)If it was i am sold!! was just concerned that the availability was a bit suspect but if kevin can get them then thats fine.

Liked the x6 i had so if its close then happy days!!
Old 29-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILKY View Post
stumpiey was yours the one i saw?(purple shell with white speedo wires?)If it was i am sold!! was just concerned that the availability was a bit suspect but if kevin can get them then thats fine.

Liked the x6 i had so if its close then happy days!!
hi the x2c is the best 2wd iv driven not just saying that becoues im a team driver it is the best iv had mine 2 weeks and im geting faster and faster and you can realy push them hard with the idle gears there are new upgrade ones from ansmann that u can get that is wot im runing. u will be well happy when you have got one. hope this helps.
ANSMANN 2.png
Old 29-10-2011

Hi,thanks for the replys. Bought one from Marc at Mk with the upgrade alloy idlers so will get building.

So far doesn't look that dissimilar to any other kit and quality of parts looks very good so will have to wait and see.

Any advice on option parts is greatfully received.

Thanks. Neil
Old 29-10-2011

the full option shock tower would be a good start
Old 29-10-2011

Haven't seen those. Who makes them?
Old 29-10-2011
Stu-Perstar

The only thing you will need is the 30' caster for a option to change on different tracks and if you want more adjustment then the rear alloy hubs and that allows you to adjust the rear camber outer ball stud up and down.
You do not need the shock towers as the plastic give more flex so when you do roll it will bend and not brake like carbon.
Old 29-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

Come and have a look at mine anytime you want, i'm at Taplow every week. If you need any help with set up i'd be glad to help out
Old 29-10-2011

im thinking of getting one too. How is it compared to TLR 22 ?
Old 29-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRCRacing View Post
im thinking of getting one too. How is it compared to TLR 22 ?
I hate comparing cars particularly as I'm sponsored by Ansmann but i've owned both cars (22 and x2c) and the car I still drive is the x2c so that should tell you which car I think is the better. The x2c is a very easy car to set up and drive, you will have to change very little from track to track apart from ride height and whichever tyre is necessary for the conditions. As stated above the only necessary parts to change are the two idler gears and as Woody says if you want the optional hubs to help with the fine adjustments. If you are over at Taplow or another track when I'm there please come over and have a look at mine, if you use a steer wheel you can take it round the track no problem

Last edited by Smartalec; 29-10-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Mstake
Old 29-10-2011

I wont be at taplow friday but i will be next week. I use stick but i can use wheel a little bit. If it is possable Alec i would love too.

many thanks

Sam
Old 29-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRCRacing View Post
I wont be at taplow friday but i will be next week. I use stick but i can use wheel a little bit. If it is possable Alec i would love too.

many thanks

Sam
No problem at all mate, just come over and see me
Old 29-10-2011

Top choice you've made on buying the x2c.,you won't be disappointed!!!. Start with kit settings for your first run,I put 40wt in front shocks and 30 in back,(don't know what surface your running on)and then take it from there. Mike pimlot gave me a setup for worksop indoors which is low to medium grip (until the track warms up) and I found it to be spot on. Only thing I didn't do was put as much weight in as suggested. Just 55g under and around servo. As regards spares, I use je spares or mk racing. Order online and if in stock they're here next day,job done!.
Old 29-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
You do not need the shock towers as the plastic give more flex so when you do roll it will bend and not brake like carbon.
There's quite a weight of opinion that the kit plastic does not bend enough and lots of people do break the standard plastic tower on the X2C. The Full Option tower is available for people who share that opinion.
Old 29-10-2011

Thanks for all the replys,will look into the extra parts. Alec is it possible to hav a base setup for tallow that you use so if there are any other bits I can get them before hand.

Looking forward to it's first outing.
Old 29-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILKY View Post
Thanks for all the replys,will look into the extra parts. Alec is it possible to hav a base setup for tallow that you use so if there are any other bits I can get them before hand.

Looking forward to it's first outing.
Of course mate, I'll pm you tomorrow
Old 29-10-2011

Double post

Last edited by MILKY; 29-10-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 29-10-2011

Ok thanks Alec that's great.