Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

I agree Tony, I have no problem at all with as many of the top drivers attending as possible, but they should definitely be placed into the open class whether they are doing 4wd or 2wd throughout qualifying and not mixed in with the regional competitors who are competing against each other in a series.

I showed my concern about the capping of the entries and i'm sure this is (hope) an error and not actually the case
Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
I've just had a look on the DMS website regarding entries for this first regional at Stotfold. I would hope that anyone who is NOT scoring points for the region would be placed in the open class whether they are doing 4wd or 2wd regardless.

In the past there have been people who are mixed in with the regional point scorers in qualifying and then removed from the list at the finals stage. This is wrong, simply because if there is an incident on the track involving that person and a point scorer it could cause the point scorer to be penalised for no fault of his/her own.

You would think that anyone who is not intending to complete enough scoring rounds of the series would also be placed in the open class.

On another point, I see that it appears the entries are capped at 60, why would this be? If there is to be a limit to the entry number then there shouldn't be an open class at all.

It would be unfair to inform a POINT SCORING competitor that he is 61st on the list and therefore a reserve if you have a further 30 people running in an open class.!!!!!
Hi Alec,

Firstly, who goes into what heat is at the discretion of the club on the day (as has been discussed further up the thread), I am sure that Keith will do on the day what is best for all concerned.

For me personally, I see NO problem with everyone being in the same heats but then spolit only for the finals. Yes your point is vlaid about a "non scorer" affecting a "scorer" etc, but if the heats are purely based on abiilit alone then surely in EVERY heat you have a far better chance of being in with people as capable as you are. As an example, IF everyone is taking out of mixed heats drivers like myself would stand a "chance" of being in the top heat (based on previuos years results) but in truth I cannot live with the likes of Kev etc around that track and am nowehre near that standard. The guys in the top heats stand FAR MORE CHANCE of finding me upside down on my roof coming into a corner than any of the others who would be in that heat if it was based on ability alone. No-one can say for certain whther it will help or hinder you (or anyone else for that matter) adn to race in a tighter heat with more competiton surely has to be better for the racing IMHO. BUT they HAVE to be taken out of finals obviuosly.

On the entry "cap". There is no "cap" I simply have to enter a "number" in the meeting directory when it is set up. Since no regionals in the last 9 years has had more than 50 ish in the main class I set it to 60, but it can (and just has been) be altered up or down with ease (it is now 90) so it is no problem at all. As I have discused with Tony before, I think the "60" number is a good thing since it hurries some people up into booking in earlier instead of dragging their feet, which in turns helps the club massively to get organised for the day with trophies and catering etc in advance. So if anyone does not want to be number 61 on any future lists, then BOOK IN EARLIER.... LOL

Hope that helps, Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
I was suprised to see the Stotfold regional two weeks before the national.

Surely this gives an unfair advantage going into the national etc. and also causes lots of non region drivers to book in etc.

I'm intending on doing most of the 4WD mid south racing, just not sure on the 2WD yet with my commitments at home and TORCH.

Whatever the case this is my first year at regionals and certainly looking forward to it even though I'll be at the back
Why is it "unfair" Mike? Are you saying that no club on the national calendar should run a meeting before they have held their national. If that is the case then Southport would not be able to race until after August

It is the way the dates fell this year with certian clubs (Herts and DMS) not able to run meetinsg thsi early in the calendar and Silverstone already invloved in a large indoor meeting the day before this, it only left Stotfold to run on this date and there are no other spares dates the region could cater for......
Old 23-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't think people should qualify in with a regional championship if there not counting for points or part of that region.

I am surprised to see an entry cap as well.
Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Read the above Dave, "no cap", just encouragement for people to pre-book
Old 23-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Read the above Dave, "no cap", just encouragement for people to pre-book
Cheers Darren, clears that up.

But "I THINK" youre wrong about people qualifying for the regional championship and then taking them out for the finals.
This is just not fair full stop. It does have a knock on affect down the entry list of what sort of heat a driver would qualify in.

I also don't think drivers should be able to race in both classes on the day, this gives extra track time and again I think it's not fair.
Old 23-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Cheers Darren, clears that up.

I also don't think drivers should be able to race in both classes on the day, this gives extra track time and again I think it's not fair.
I have to agree with this one..

Looking forward to the regional though
Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Everyone has an opinion, to me the knock on effect only helps so that your heat is closer competiton and more people of YOUR ability or similiar are in it, rather than some who you will get thrashed by and some who you will thrash yourself when the ability is more spread. Of course the old chestnut also rings true, it is only qualifying and drivers should not affect each other (although we all know that they do)

To suggest those not competing in three or more be taken out is impossible, at this stage some Mid South drivers simply dont know if they are doing 2, 3, or 4 rounds yet, but taking the non Mid South racers out is easy enough...

However, the decision of who goes in what heat is down to Keith Wardle on the day and I am sure he is expereinced enough to know what to do for the best of all concerned
Old 23-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
To suggest those not competing in three or more be taken out is impossible, at this stage some Mid South drivers simply dont know if they are doing 2, 3, or 4 rounds yet, but taking the non Mid South racers out is easy enough...

However, the decision of who goes in what heat is down to Keith Wardle on the day and I am sure he is expereinced enough to know what to do for the best of all concerned

Fair enough.
Old 23-03-2011

If you are a Mid South competitor you should be allowed to compete in the regional event whether you are doing the series or not... thats like saying your not doing the national series, so you can have a go, but your be in separate finals...

Its a Mid south regional event which is open to racers that choose to race in the Mid South region. As per the BRCA rules, you are not allowed to enter more than one regional championship. Should Joe Blogs and others want to race in Mid South this year and not one more local to them, that is their choice. Should that happen then of course it does mean they have eliminated themselves from entering other regions events.

Thats why regions were never set up to where you live or what club your a member off, but by which regional champs you choose.

And if a club decides to run an open class at said regional event, then great, more the merrier, but it should be a separate class, just like 2wd or 4wd.
Old 23-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Darren and others,
If lets say you and I are equal in ability, we know I am better but just think like that if you possibly can for a moment - LOL
If you get put in the top heat and I don't, i think you have an advantage over me from the off.
You could be able to hook up behind potential National A finalists to show you the way round that evidently is quicker and you end up out qualifying me. God the thought makes me feel ill. LOL
You must agree there is a point here.
Not wanting to argue but there are different opinions for sure.
Likewise the opposite could happen and what I mean is this an example.
Lets say a top UK driver is racing in the regional and he has a lock up on his drive train or decides he is going to take a section madly fast to see if his car is capable of doing it and bare in mind he is practicing on the day, then it could effect me or you or anyone in the qualifying of that event and it could be costly.
These are just some hypothetical points, and I am sure many can point scenarios for and against.

My opinion is I don’t care so long as they get out of my way!
LOL

Jon, I think it's meant for drivers that state they don't want to score points in our region
Old 23-03-2011

Can a driver who is competing in the regional class (say 4wd) also compete in the non-regional class (say 2wd) on the same day?
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
Can a driver who is competing in the regional class (say 4wd) also compete in the non-regional class (say 2wd) on the same day?
I think so buddy!
Old 28-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

1st regional next week lads and remember that the rules state that we have to use a Lipo Sack for charging safe.
Keith our regional rep pointed this out to us this weekend.
I am sure all the local shops have them in stock so DMS Racing, MK Racing and so on if you haven't got one.
Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
1st regional next week lads and remember that the rules state that we have to use a Lipo Sack for charging safe.
Keith our regional rep pointed this out to us this weekend.
I am sure all the local shops have them in stock so DMS Racing, MK Racing and so on if you haven't got one.
Good call Tony, I'd forgotten all about this!!

We've got some in stock too, will bring a variety along to Stotfold, anyone wanting one put to one PM me.
Old 31-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Looks like my original limit for 60 drivers in the 4wd class would have been more than enough (that number was based on experience and not just plucked from the sky)
Old 31-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Looks like my original limit for 60 drivers in the 4wd class would have been more than enough (that number was based on experience and not just plucked from the sky)
So based on this experience you won't need to pluck a figure from the sky for any of the other regionals then, you can just leave it open as it should be
Old 01-04-2011
oOple Advertiser

Reading not your strong point then Alec? I did say earlier in the thread that the way the system is set up we have to enter a number for the maximum entry and to confirm, it appears that 60 is more than adequate for this as it has been for the last 6 years, unless of course you know better?

You are more than welcome to come and do it yourself if you think you know better and would like to contribute to the regional series.......
Old 01-04-2011
Thieving scumbag

Oh dear handbags at dawn Sunday Alec and Darren is it?
Old 01-04-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle_axe View Post
Oh dear handbags at dawn Sunday Alec and Darren is it?
LOL

No just Alec being his usual self as normal