Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

View Poll Results: Who's running what @ Falkirk Rd.2?
2WD 6 50.00%
4WD 10 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-05-2010

Default Round 2 - June 13th - Falkirk

Great event at Stonehaven yesterday, big thank you to George, Stuart and the whole club at SDRCC, for their hard work and putting on their usual great job with off-road.

Looking forward to Round 2 at Bowhouse Community Centre, Grangemouth.

If you are thinking of running at Falkirk (or any future Scottish Off-Road events), PM me with your entry details and that will help us set up the computer in advance.

Sending me a PM doesn't guarantee an entry or oblige you to pay - it just makes it much easier on the morning when booking in.

Send me the following:
Full Name
Address (inc postcode)
Telephone
Email
Crystals
2010 BRCA number
Transponder
For location details see the Falkirk website.

Any questions or stuff to mention re Round 2, post here!
Old 01-06-2010

Hi folks,

Is the round at Falkirk going to be outdoors, as I know there was talk about it being on the grass area outside, rather than in the hall.

Cheers,

Dasbo
Old 01-06-2010

If it's nice weather it's going to be outside ...

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 01-06-2010

Oh..a quick question...

Standard BRCA motor rules ?... 27t, 19t, Modified & brushless ?... or we just mixing everything up...

I'm running a 15t brushed atm so would like to know what to do for.

Thanks.

ANVIL-GFX
Old 01-06-2010

I'll be posting more info in a mo, but the event will be outdoors if the weather is good (grass track) or indoors if the weather is poor. Decision will probably be made on the morning, or it might be made the evening before, if the weather is obviously bad. More news nearer the time.

Motor limits are not imposed. It'll be down to local club rules, but I believe Falkirk run an open modified policy - 2B safe, as long as it's allowed in BRCA, it'll definitely be allowed at Falkirk, and I believe that's the policy at Stonehaven and Ayr (CSOR) as well.

I'm still waiting on some parts for the 511, but it's back to it's best at present and raring to improve on it's poor performance at Stonehaven.
Old 01-06-2010

Cheers Dom.

The reason I ask is that all the tyres I have are for outdoor use (mini spikes etc.) and I'm not keen on buying new wheels, inserts and mini-pins for only one meeting. (I'm not sure if I'll make the other Falkirk round at the mo)

Hopefully it'll be outdoor as its only proper offroad when theres mud ;-)

Also, I've been testing my car with my electrics from my TC almost every night since the last disastrous meeting and it hasn't broken down yet, so fingers crossed.
Old 01-06-2010

its yellow mini spike for falkirk indoor! mini pin are way to twitchy
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 01-06-2010

Now, I like my car on Y mini-pins round Falkirk, but agree - if you haven't got it set up properly, you'll meet something solid - quickly! I've done that a couple of times there now...

New Y mini-pins can be a nightmare on what is mostly a carpet track - 90% at least.

Y mini-spikes work fine on a low cut grass and when the grass starts to go, so stick with them. They'll work at Stoney, Falkirk and at CSOR.

You'll gain a lot more laptime by negotiating the obstacles quickly, rather than trying to find a fraction more grip, etc.

Make it consistent, make it quick and practice as soon as you get there.

Oh, and don't break it !
Old 01-06-2010

Okay dokey.

In that case, I should be alright.

Cheers Rowan. (And now Dom)
Old 01-06-2010

Default Scottish Offroad Championship Rd2

Hey guys,

well to start with Stonehaven have set the benchmark with a good event which we all enjoyed & we at Falkirk aim continue on as the championship proceeds into Round 2. As Dom says i'll be keeping an eye on the weather situation on the lead up the round at Falkirk.

I know that proper off-road is outdoors but should it be forecast to be wet then the event will be indoors & i promise that if we do have to run indoors that track will more than make up for it.

I also hope that the weathers good cause i want to run outdoors & we'll be putting a lot of effort into making this a good event. This will be the very first time the grass area has been used so not sure how the grass will hold up but it should be good

Outdoor track

this will be roughly 90% grass & 10% concrete slabs.
2x table top jumps
1x banked corner (about 40-45 degrees)
2x wooden ski jumps
some other features yet to be worked out

The rostrum will be right next to the building & if it's sunny then you will definitely require sunglasses as it'll be facing pretty much eastward.

Pitting

This will be indoor in the hall, plenty of space for everyone.

Tables are available although should the event end up being held indoors then tables will be limited as for the indoor track these get used for construction.

Mains power will be available but please bring your own extension cables as the club only has a couple.

Food

There should be some juice, crisps & sweets available on the day for light snacks but there are shops within a 3minute drive of the hall.

Directions to Asda

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sou...9&ie=UTF8&z=14

McDonalds is also within a short drive at Earlsgate roundabout

Directions to Mcdonald's from the bowhouse community center:

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sou...2,0.069866&z=14

Directions to the Venue

http://www.falkirkrcc.co.uk/venue.php

Thanks
John
Old 01-06-2010

Thanks for the good info John.

Quick Q - I notice Mark is planning to run 2WD & 4WD - will the two classes be run separate all the way thru (Q & F) or will it depend on numbers again?

I'm considering running both myself, and thought I'd raise the question - that way, if anyone else wants to run both and can do their stints at marshalling, then we may get a lot more runners...

Dom
Old 02-06-2010

This will really be numbers dependant but if people want them run seperately they i'll do as required.

If they are run seperately then they will be kept seperate in the finals as well

Last edited by Racing Snake; 02-06-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: piss poor spelling
Old 02-06-2010

More good news John!

There you go folks! Get both your cars out and running, bring along a partner/wife/small child (any child?) to do your marshalling for you, and you can enter both classes!!!

There are still 5 rounds to go in the Championship and only four of these count, so plenty of time to compete in both classes and be a multiple National Champion - you don't get many options like that in a lifetime!

See you in Falkirk on 13th everyone!

PS. Replacement wishbones arrived this morning so 511 is "back in town"...
Old 02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt View Post
Quick Q - I notice Mark is planning to run 2WD & 4WD - will the two classes be run separate all the way thru (Q & F) or will it depend on numbers again?
Dom
I should get sorted for both classes for the 2nd round . It'll be close in any case.......

Spent a month humming and hawing as to what class to go back to
Old 04-06-2010

I might not be able to make this after all due to work commitments...But I'm still hopeful.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 06-06-2010

Yikes, hopefully ill manage this one. It will be my 1st event so will just have totry my best ha ha, least the car has been here and its been out and about working,

mayeb ill need someone to take me under their wing.

p.s ive pmed you dom

s
Old 08-06-2010

Sorry folks,

It looks like I'll have to pull out as I have just been asked to go offshore over the weekend for something urgent. Pity, as I am halfway thru my re-build preparations. You'll have to disregard my vote in the 4WD entry poll.

Will hopefully see you all at the second CSOR meeting as I wont make the re-arranged one due to holidays.

Happy racing and c'mon the Durango's :-)
Old 11-06-2010

When will a decision get made if it's being run indoors or outdoors, is that a Sunday morning job. I assume you will be cutting the grass on Saturday just in case the weather keeps up for Sunday. Only reason I ask is I currently only have 1 set of wheels, just need to try and glue the right tyres on.
Old 11-06-2010

I've had a text from John to confirm that the racing on Sunday will be outdoors.

It is expected there'll be some light showers (possibly) and will be a bit "cauld fir June" but pits will be in the hall so plenty of opportunity to warm up between races and stints of the obligatory marshalling!

See you all on Sunday!
Old 12-06-2010

Some news re Falkirk:
  • Meeting will be outdoors on the grass behind the community centre.
  • The "Tuck Shop" has run a little low after tonight's meeting and there won't be time to re-stock it before Sunday.
  • There is microwave, kettle and fridge available to use, but please respect them and leave them as you find them, i.e. clean!