Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

Perhaps we need a solution as previously mentioned that everybody Will be happy with.

I've listed 3 possible options above.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
Daaa dummm... daaa dummm.. da dum da dum da dum... Wheres the handy oxygen cylinder and rifle ??

Apparently the pesky WRCA is to blame for the everything and needs to be blown up....

Sorry, im off again. Please continue

You booked in then Mat?
Old 12-01-2012

so is micro going ahead if not put my entry in has 2wd
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit5005 View Post
so is micro going ahead if not put my entry in has 2wd
Yes it is huw, unless its posted in an official manner that the class doesnt have enough entries

you could enter Both m8

2wd : AE - B6D
4wd :

Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

From my point of view, you're in a very difficult situation regarding this COBRA round of the series. In the initial series information on both the WRCA site and here on oOple, there was now mention of a capped entry at such a low number for round 3 compared to the other rounds.

The reasons might be fully understandable due to the venue size and H&S concerns, but none COBRA club members would not be aware of this until trying to book in (and then it's too late). Certainly when I registered and tried to book into the previous round at Caldicot, I also looked at the rest of the series dates and venues (as I fancied doing the rest) and didn't see the drastically lower cap for this round.

As for dropping classes at this round, that seems a little harse seeing as from your own results table you can clearly see that Micros are the most supported across the first two rounds. They are also run a pretty close second on the overall numbers per class.

The series details do rightly say that certain classes may be combined with other similar classes if numbers are low. It doesn't however mention anywhere that 2wd/4wd are the main class and will therefore take preference over all others.

Another question would be, if you were to drop the 7 micro entries, how many of those are already doing another class? And therefore won't actually free up an entry as they'll still need the pitting space. As has been mentioned, you still need to consider the H&S concerns in the pits. So the cap is actually the number of people in the pits.

It also been highlighted that the COBRA club don't often see Micro racers at club nights, but maybe this is because you see them as less important than other classes?? As they're the first you've suggested as the class to be dropped then I'd certainly see it that way, and wouldn't feel very welcome at a club with such a view.

One final point, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that as the top so many drivers in the championship were already booked into the COBRA round then it wouldn't effect the championship results as they could score points. Surely this is also just saying that your bothered about those racers who are currently running lower down the championship?? They may only be in the lower half as they've only completed one round and the COBRA round would have been their second round to count and potentially they could still be the series champion?? Ultimately every racer should be treated the same, whether their a winner of the 'A' or finish 7th in F final.
Old 12-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to jaysllim

ye but hang on thats not the view of the club that was me just sugesting it not the club saying it as i am not a member of any club so its not really tthe clubs view,i only suggested it because if cobra would be dropped then 2wd/4wd would only get 2 rounds nd micro 4 so it was a compramise sugestion thats all, but u say im basically bias for the class im raacing in and you are correct phil but then by the sounds of your ur lastish paragraphs ur biased towards ur class.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKOR33 View Post
Yes it is huw, unless its posted in an official manner that the class doesnt have enough entries

you could enter Both m8
how do i do that?
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
From my point of view, you're in a very difficult situation regarding this COBRA round of the series. In the initial series information on both the WRCA site and here on oOple, there was now mention of a capped entry at such a low number for round 3 compared to the other rounds.

The reasons might be fully understandable due to the venue size and H&S concerns, but none COBRA club members would not be aware of this until trying to book in (and then it's too late). Certainly when I registered and tried to book into the previous round at Caldicot, I also looked at the rest of the series dates and venues (as I fancied doing the rest) and didn't see the drastically lower cap for this round.

As for dropping classes at this round, that seems a little harse seeing as from your own results table you can clearly see that Micros are the most supported across the first two rounds. They are also run a pretty close second on the overall numbers per class.

The series details do rightly say that certain classes may be combined with other similar classes if numbers are low. It doesn't however mention anywhere that 2wd/4wd are the main class and will therefore take preference over all others.

Another question would be, if you were to drop the 7 micro entries, how many of those are already doing another class? And therefore won't actually free up an entry as they'll still need the pitting space. As has been mentioned, you still need to consider the H&S concerns in the pits. So the cap is actually the number of people in the pits.

It also been highlighted that the COBRA club don't often see Micro racers at club nights, but maybe this is because you see them as less important than other classes?? As they're the first you've suggested as the class to be dropped then I'd certainly see it that way, and wouldn't feel very welcome at a club with such a view.

One final point, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that as the top so many drivers in the championship were already booked into the COBRA round then it wouldn't effect the championship results as they could score points. Surely this is also just saying that your bothered about those racers who are currently running lower down the championship?? They may only be in the lower half as they've only completed one round and the COBRA round would have been their second round to count and potentially they could still be the series champion?? Ultimately every racer should be treated the same, whether their a winner of the 'A' or finish 7th in F final.
Sleigh

This is not a rant just a heads up for your information

First of all I think we need to clarify the people who are proposing that classes be dropped or Dates changed etc are NON COBRA MEMBERS - Please check before making these assumptions and casting a decision over attending the club based on these assumptions

We have 23 2wd entries only 3 less than the swansea round i believe and alot of these have supported every round
9 - that have attended 2 rounds
6 - that have attended 1 round
the rest it is their first round
so again please take care before labelling the club in such away that we only care about the top runners

We are aware of who is able to win as chris mills has compliled a list so who he knows who he has to beat to win lol

thanks

dave

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit5005 View Post
how do i do that?
Wrca website under my bookings tab
add 2nd or 3 rd class and hit save
simples

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

There are reasons for the cap coming in late, but that is a club matter and couldn't be helped. It was literally last weekend (the first we have been able to get access to the venue since the weekend before Christmas) that we could finally tally up pitting arrangement, as this will be the first regional we have held at the event.

The weekend will go ahead, and as long as there are enough entries per class, a heat will be put on, currently classes entered are 10th 2wd, enough for a heat, 10th 4wd, enough for a heat, micro, enough for a heat, trucks, not enough for a heat, those entered trucks are being asked if they wish to do another class, if not, then there entry will be cancelled.

Right, now comes the easy bit, this may be a WRCA organised championship, we use the term 'regional' but it isn't really, as this is not a championship that will affect your LICENCE GRADE, we call it a regional series, but it isn't, it is a series organised by our regional organisation.

COBRA will look again this weekend as to whether we can fit any more people in, if so, we will let you know, if we can't, we can't, this is Marhsfield Village Hall, not the TARDIS.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Wrca website under my bookings tab
add 2nd or 3 rd class and hit save
simples
nice one all done
Old 12-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to jaysllim

Quote:
so who he knows who he has to beat to win lol

dave
dnt wrry dave i have my orders,by the way wa car u running just so i no wat to aim for lol
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysllim View Post
dnt wrry dave i have my orders,by the way wa car u running just so i no wat to aim for lol
Im running axemans cougar

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

Dave's running a different car each round!! lol
Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Sleigh

This is not a rant just a heads up for your information

First of all I think we need to clarify the people who are proposing that classes be dropped or Dates changed etc are NON COBRA MEMBERS - Please check before making these assumptions and casting a decision over attending the club based on these assumptions

We have 23 2wd entries only 3 less than the swansea round i believe and alot of these have supported every round
9 - that have attended 2 rounds
6 - that have attended 1 round
the rest it is their first round
so again please take care before labelling the club in such away that we only care about the top runners

We are aware of who is able to win as chris mills has compliled a list so who he knows who he has to beat to win lol

thanks

dave
I can see how you've read my post, but I was more aiming the points at all those who've posted in this thread up until now and the WRCA in general and not directly at the COBRA club (apart from the point made about micro number at club nights, and this was made by others before me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysllim View Post
ye but hang on thats not the view of the club that was me just sugesting it not the club saying it as i am not a member of any club so its not really tthe clubs view,i only suggested it because if cobra would be dropped then 2wd/4wd would only get 2 rounds nd micro 4 so it was a compramise sugestion thats all, but u say im basically bias for the class im raacing in and you are correct phil but then by the sounds of your ur lastish paragraphs ur biased towards ur class.
Jay, I'm not favouring any class as I raced in two at Caldicot (4wd & Micro) and that would have been my plan for this round too.
Old 12-01-2012

Angry

As part of Swansea club I think to say this is a joke ,

No disrespectc. I have had limited acces to the internet and with Xmas being such a busy period for me I planned to book in with my old girls Internet this evening ,

Low and behold , capped !!!!

Well this is just amazing , to bd honest it sums up everything I've heard about thd wrca in previous years

I can clarify for myself and many others that I will deff not be supporting the wrca in future events

Btw , yes micro I was going to race along with many others

If the venue was do small and the club was in finacial difficulty they should have explored this avenue before this joke !!!

No offence , what faith will majority of people now have in cobra no offence and especially the wrca for letting this go ahead
Old 12-01-2012

Phil, we favour no class, actually, the class that a lot of COBRA members run, isn't even catered for. Just the way the figures stack up, size of entry goes Truck, Micro's, 4wd then 2wd. I can't see the micro drivers who are booked in, cancelling, so Micro's will still go ahead.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearceno1 View Post
If the venue was do small and the club was in finacial difficulty they should have explored this avenue before this joke !!!
Lets get this straigh, COBRA is NOT in financial difficulty as we have now moved from our previous indoor venue, which cost a lot of money, which, even last year, didn't break even at our winter indoor WRCA event.

Also, numbers this year are up from last year, and unfortunately, in Cardiff, it is difficult to find a venue that a) is open on the weekend, b) actually wants toy cars running in there and c) financially viable.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearceno1 View Post
As part of Swansea club I think to say this is a joke ,

No disrespectc. I have had limited acces to the internet and with Xmas being such a busy period for me I planned to book in with my old girls Internet this evening ,

Low and behold , capped !!!!

Well this is just amazing , to bd honest it sums up everything I've heard about thd wrca in previous years

I can clarify for myself and many others that I will deff not be supporting the wrca in future events

Btw , yes micro I was going to race along with many others

No offence , what faith will majority of people now have in cobra no offence and especially the wrca for letting this go ahead

The venue racers 10th 2wd and 4wd every week no problems thanks so not that small
We just decided we wouldnt book an expensive hall that couldnt be refunded just in case we had a large intake and tbh 1 week before an event we only had 20 entries it didnt make sense - I'm sure you'll agree most other clubs wouldnt just spend £300 willy nilly - lol that saying always makes me laugh

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Phil, we favour no class, actually, the class that a lot of COBRA members run, isn't even catered for. Just the way the figures stack up, size of entry goes Truck, Micro's, 4wd then 2wd. I can't see the micro drivers who are booked in, cancelling, so Micro's will still go ahead.
It's just the way it came across in an earlier post. But as this easily demonstrates, it can sometime be difficult to understand an individuals view point from behind a keyboard.

Unfortunately it only too common on oOple over the past years or so
Closed Thread