Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > JConcepts

Old 04-09-2006
Administrator

Losi shocks. I had to limit the rear shocks as there was droop-overload, and they were setup for the XX4- no changes at all (apart from the internal limiter), orange front blue rear pistons, 30wt rear, 35wt front. Silver front and red rear. I really didn't have time to play with the setup any more than this but the car was awesome so why bother!

Do you use a rear body mount in this config ? I got to that part of the conversion and thought, oh! but I left it without the rear mount, just the 2 front clips and the side velcro and it was fine. I really liked the transponder hole, thats where I mounted mine anyway but this is much neater and more secure.
Old 04-09-2006
Mad Member

The standard setup is orange piston front blue piston rear, 40wt front 35wt rear, green front pink rear. So you are not to far off, on a med/high grip track you will find the front end collapse will the silver springs. We have used this setup at the nationals and all the regionals this year, yesterday we raced on a astroturf football pitch and still did not change the setup which surprised me, but all 3 slim4's were dialed.

If you look on the top deck, the is a screw hole between the transponder holder and blue shock tower mount, i use a small losi body post which you get with the losi xx4 rear tower mounts to mount the shell here.
Old 04-09-2006
Mad Member

Jimmy just had another look at your setup, i think that with the BJ4WE weight being further back than the slim4, the soft front and hard rear springs you are using would work better than the slim4 setup i posted, may just try going up 5wt all round ?.
Old 04-09-2006
Administrator

yeah, I think at batley yesterday I didnt have too many problems, the track was SLICK! (check the photos! lol) but later in the day I did grip roll a couple of times , or better described as panic-rolled - mainly when I was being chased down by the mighty graham north .
Old 04-09-2006
Super Moderator

Nearly had you, never looked at the times but I bet there was less than 1/2 a second in it as we crossed the line! Great race though Jimmy.

G
Old 04-09-2006
Administrator

it was I think .8 of a second, but maybe I misread that becuase it looked more like .01 ! I had such a good lead too, then I realised I was going to win and could NOT stop rolling the thing - then the panic set in with you bearing down on me. I just drove slowly round the last couple of corners to make sure I took the win and ALMOST lost it ! haha. Nail biting stuff and great fun too.