Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 05-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default which rear hub

Hi,could some one tell me what is the difference in the two rear hubs that come in the kit,one set says R1 & L1,the other set has nothing on,which ones does everyone use if there is a difference in the two,
thanks

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 05-01-2010
Mad Member

I suspect the L1 & R1 are a 1 deg set, with the L&R denoting the side of the car to give 1 deg addition toe in. The hubs with nothing are probably 0deg toe in, so doesn't matter which side they are installed.
Old 05-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

thanks m8,you make it sound so simpls.......what is everyone runing as most setups say st rear hubs,would that the the blank ones

Old 05-01-2010

Yup your correct Phil.

Just make sure if you use the hubs marked L and R that you put them the right way. Usually you put things on fron the drivers point of view but this is not the case with these hubs. To put them on from the drivers point of view then put the left on the right and right on left.

I would always stick with the standard kit hunbs anyway as as the ones marked L and R give you 4 degree toe in overall which is too much.

The standard kit ones give you 3 degree toe in which more than enough for most tracks.

Craig Collinson
Old 05-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Yup your correct Phil.

Just make sure if you use the hubs marked L and R that you put them the right way. Usually you put things on fron the drivers point of view but this is not the case with these hubs. To put them on from the drivers point of view then put the left on the right and right on left.

I would always stick with the standard kit hunbs anyway as as the ones marked L and R give you 4 degree toe in overall which is too much.

The standard kit ones give you 3 degree toe in which more than enough for most tracks.

Craig Collinson
Thanks Craig

Old 05-01-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Yup your correct Phil.

Craig Collinson
so fitting the L & R the other way round will give you 2 degrees?
Old 05-01-2010

Well the wishbones are set at 3 degree so if you put them the correct way from the drivers side they give you -1 degree so yes you will end up with 2 degrees overall.

I made this mistake when i first built the car and had absolutely no rear end grip. When switching them the opposite way you could see straight away how much more toe in ther was which completely transformed the car on the track.

If you dont have enough toe in on the rear you have no rear end grip or drive coming out of corners. Too much toe in gives you loads of drive but less side traction. using the standard kit hubs gives you 3 degree which is a happy medium.

Craig Collinson
Old 06-01-2010

Hi guys,
I think I build my rear hub wrong too, if I understood right, you mean that the hub with the R1 and L1 written on it, when they are built on the right position you must be able to read R1 and L1 when you look at the car from the front, because I have mine built in that I can read it from standing behind the car, and this should be wrong? (if I understood right)-:,

I know that Hulk already explained it, I just want to be sure. Sorry for my confusion.

Bye
Old 06-01-2010
Super Moderator

If the writing is on the back of the hub you have 2 degrees overall toe-in (3 inner, -1 outer).

If the writing is on the front of the hub you have 4 degrees overall toe-in (3 inner, +1 outer).

If you have the kit hubs on you have 3 degrees overall toe-in (3 inner, 0 outer).

G
Old 06-01-2010

thank you NoRtHy its very clear now I always try to find the best setup for my car but all those 'parameter 'angle 'degree....are not my streng

F
Old 07-01-2010

edit..