Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
It's funny how the tyre situation at Kiddy was changed due to complaints about expense!!!!

2wd on saturday was the bomb even with dribbles of rain, no problem at all track was great as always.

My tyre bill for this weekend in total was over £300!!!!
Ok, so most will be used again as we use spikes mostly everywhere, So no problem.

But then along with about 50 others i now have one blown speedo.
All totals too nearly £500, thats not including everything else for the weekend!!

There was a few of us that couldn't believe round 2 was run, i thought the meeting should have been cancelled after the 1st round ??

To be honest i am quite p£#$%d off after today, and im sure there are many others. I know some people will gain from today and they will say it was the right decision, well i think that is crap!! When you watch and only see on average 4 cars finish each qualifying run that makes US look stupid. Ok, some will say you didn't have to go out there, but isn't this the British Nationals??

So i have some questions:

1. After Round 1 when it was very clear there was large puddles and plenty of standing water on the track, why was the meeting cancelled ???
(There was less standing water at previous Nationals and the meetings were cancelled)

2. What happens now to the 50 + people who have blown speedo's ???

3. Does Helger and CML have enough stock for people to purchase the various speedo's??

I have never moaned about anything from Nationals before but today was a very expensive and pointless day.

Rant over.
easy answer run a waterproof esc!
i did not a problem all weekend.
as for the meeting being cancelled after round 1, why the track was drivable the only issue with breaking down car's was esc, why penalise people who have equipment that can handle the british weather!!!. some people who did blow there's didnt even try to protect there non waterprrof esc, which is crazy. other like brian preddy who ran his lrp through the deapest puddle!! but because he had done something about waterproofing he finished round 2!

as for cml/horizon having the stock to replace the esc, probably in the next few weeks they will happily send you out a new esc after you've paid the £80 warrenty repair price for the water damage!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

I only raced on Saturday. I qualifed 4th in the L and finished second. It was a great final for me although i wished i had made it into the K or even J. The competition is so tough! At least I improved on my qualifying time during the final. The tyre thing for me was part of making the day more interesting. I did not run the same combination on any two rounds. The organisation was great as it is always at Kiddy. Thought the buyyt van was a bit expensive though but compared to the price of tyres no real problem

I feel for you guys who raced today, Our cars ar 1/10th but the water is still full scale which makes life somewhat difficult!

N
Old 13-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
Moist was the word for todays national
Moist??? thats an understatement Paul, I saw you before we left & you looked like you had been swimming!!
Got home tonight at 18.42 which i believe was the time that the 3rd leg of todays A final was supposed to kick off! Rained all the way home except the last 5 miles, so i reckon next year that Durham should be the place for a national.
Got lucky today in respect that no damage was done to Gregs car but loads of waterproofing required.
Well done to Lee today & Neil for yesterday, racing was good to watch despite the conditions.
Old 13-05-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think the rant about the weather/abandoning is hugely un-neccessary. The BRCA have a tough job, and whatever the decision then people will be unhappy.

Abandoning after round 1 would leave the meeting void, we need two complete rounds to make the meeting stand (as per Paul Worsley at drivers breifing)

Abandoning mid round 2 would leave the meeting void AND those in early heats who had run (and perhaps had blown electrics) very angry.

So perhaps it was a push to complete round 2, but it was worth doing it to make the meeting stand for championship points.

Who raced 4wd at Holbeach at the last national they had? That meetng was far worse for weather, and it was run to completion of finals! CRAZY! There was little in the way of standing water, but instead the mud renderred many complete cars fit for the bin.... it was horrible.

Chris
Old 13-05-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Williams View Post
Moist??? thats an understatement Paul, I saw you before we left & you looked like you had been swimming!!
I do feel quite refreshed however good for your skin!

moist is a sarcastic statement.. it was ruddy torrential!

moist is the case!
Old 13-05-2007
LeeOtard

tyres were rubbish though...

pins all the way!!!

it was tyres wars and i found myself having to glue 3 different kinds to ensure i had the right ones...

and they were a set a run!
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Totally agree with the tyre thing. I had to buy pink ballistics, green ballistics, yellow and green schumachers...just in case!
Old 13-05-2007
LeeOtard

rubbish eh..

i told alot of peopel this on doughty ages ago....but alot of people wanted to run on them...so what can you do...
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

nice just read my warranty form waterproof on out side of box says different inside thanks novak delboy springs to mind
Old 13-05-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
Totally agree with the tyre thing. I had to buy pink ballistics, green ballistics, yellow and green schumachers...just in case!
Did you use all of the above tyres? If not you are more likely to use those again than pins in the UK imho, and that is why it was changed.

I had 2 1/2 sets on the 2wd yesterday (and got my best ever nat result) and 1 set on the 4 today. I was actually impressed how well the Ballistic spikes gripped after what everyone had been saying over the winter, and many people agreed with me. Green spike worked well for me in the wet and dry, which made them a very safe choice, you knew they would work.

G
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

i didn't use the pinks, and i can't think of a track where i will run them again now. great! It's just that green pins would've worked in any condition, easy!!

...oh sod it, i'm just glad to be home out of the rain!!!
Old 13-05-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
i didn't use the pinks, and i can't think of a track where i will run them again now.
Not even on wet grass? I have in the past.....

G
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

until my car produced magic smoke it was mint on greens
Old 13-05-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I agree with you Northy. I didn't complicate my options with too many, I stuck to Green BB's for damp/wet/moist and Yellow Shoes for bone dry and didn't feel disadvantaged by it - I never had low grip for qualifying. I tried green schumachers in 4wd practice and they were a lot toss.

2wd the tires did seem to lose the edge after 1 run, but on a second run they felt fine too. 4wd I did too runs in the moist with BB Greenz and they looked new still, I put new on just cos I had them ready..... they'll all be able to be used elsewhere now, unlike pins.

Chris
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Not even on wet grass? I have in the past.....

G

fair do's, never knew that one!!
Old 13-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to Kash

BB Spikes Green's/Yellow Schuy worked fine for me.. It was just my driving that needed a little approvement.

As for today my car survived fine. i bagged up reciever and speedo and they were bone dry after rnd 2 and i was in heat 10.
Old 13-05-2007

amazing as it may seem joe's car completed the run after its swim, however dan didn't complete either run after water blew the speedo in r1 and water in the rx in r2, to say we didn't protect the cars is nonsense, joe had no protection except the undertray which is standard on the BX, on dans car we attempted to seal as much as possible but it didn't work, should we have run after round 1?, once the decision to carry on was made then the track should have been left alone, heat 9-12 had to race through some standing water but sweeping so round 1 could have a clearish track and then not doing it for the rest was unfair, yet again heat 9-12 raced in puddles, the advantage for the early heats was artificially created in round two and that is not right surely.

john
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

as for the meeting being cancelled after round 1, why the track was drivable the only issue with breaking down car's was esc, why penalise people who have equipment that can handle the british weather!!!. some people who did blow there's didnt even try to protect there non waterprrof esc, which is crazy. other like brian preddy who ran his lrp through the deapest puddle!! but because he had done something about waterproofing he finished round 2!

as for cml/horizon having the stock to replace the esc, probably in the next few weeks they will happily send you out a new esc after you've paid the £80 warrenty repair price for the water damage!

Chris, are you saying that the products we have purchased aren't fit for the purpose ????????????

I think the rant about the weather/abandoning is hugely un-neccessary. The BRCA have a tough job, and whatever the decision then people will be unhappy.

Abandoning after round 1 would leave the meeting void, we need two complete rounds to make the meeting stand (as per Paul Worsley at drivers breifing)

Abandoning mid round 2 would leave the meeting void AND those in early heats who had run (and perhaps had blown electrics) very angry.

So perhaps it was a push to complete round 2, but it was worth doing it to make the meeting stand for championship points.

Who raced 4wd at Holbeach at the last national they had? That meetng was far worse for weather, and it was run to completion of finals! CRAZY! There was little in the way of standing water, but instead the mud renderred many complete cars fit for the bin.... it was horrible.

Chris, i agree the BRCA do a great job. But i also do a great job to pay for what i do, and basically for a decision that should have been made i now have to spend more money!!
You can look at both sides, yes if we had cancelled after round 1 it would have been a void meeting!! So ???
It would have saved people some money, the track was not drivable or SAFE for the beginning of round 2!!
I never said anything about abandoning mid round 2 as that was bit late!!
You also say it was good thing finishing end of round 2 for champ points, why is that good thing ?? Im pretty sure a few people will have there best result from todays meeting and they won't get near it all year. As i said, the people who gained something from today will say the right decision was made.
Just venting my anger at the p$%s poor decision's made today!!
If the BRCA can take all the compliments then they can take some constructive criticism.
Old 13-05-2007

Send a message via MSN to tc2k

That weather looks pretty bad, I can imagine CML going bankrupt at this rate. TBH, I think people know that running in the rain is a risk, its whether your prepared to take it.
My day was far more eventful with the rain anyway, I had to run outside to get the washing off the line, while it was spitting! (I sound like my mum)
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post

Chris, are you saying that the products we have purchased aren't fit for the purpose ????????????

Chris, i agree the BRCA do a great job. But i also do a great job to pay for what i do, and basically for a decision that should have been made i now have to spend more money!!
You can look at both sides, yes if we had cancelled after round 1 it would have been a void meeting!! So ???
It would have saved people some money, the track was not drivable or SAFE for the beginning of round 2!!
I never said anything about abandoning mid round 2 as that was bit late!!
You also say it was good thing finishing end of round 2 for champ points, why is that good thing ?? Im pretty sure a few people will have there best result from todays meeting and they won't get near it all year. As i said, the people who gained something from today will say the right decision was made.
Just venting my anger at the p$%s poor decision's made today!!
If the BRCA can take all the compliments then they can take some constructive criticism.

no m8, what i said is if its raining run a waterproof esc!, if mine wasnt waterproof i wouldnt have gone out and raced,
i won't be going brushless until they produce 1 that is waterproof due to the british weather. i think most! of the problem's today were non waterproof esc.
all of us have experienced rain before some maybe not as much as today but rain all the same, if you want to run non waterproof equipment then you must expect to possibly have some issue's when it rain's.

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif