Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2015
Admin

Default Work Party This Weekend

Email that went out to club members..
Hi ?????
As you all should be aware the club has committed to a major refurb of our outdoor venue at Spenborough. I'm happy to report that the track committee have been beavering away quietly in recent weeks. Danny kicked us off with a great start to the repainting of the container and James W, Ian and Neal, along with Darren, James M and occasionally myself have done a huge amount of work in preparing the existing canvas ready for the new Astro delivery.
The time is upon us for the biggest phase of the works, the Astro is being delivered THIS SATURDAY !! Just to be clear each roll will weigh about 1.5 tonnes, so your club needs you !! Brute force and manpower will make short work of getting this laid onto the track, however without helping hands it simply will not be achievable.
I would ask that anyone who can spare anytime on Saturday from 9am onwards PLEASE do come help out. If you are not physically able to be lifting Astroturf. could you wield a paintbrush for an hour or so ?? There are many jobs to be done and we can only make big inroads if we attack these en-masse with plenty of willing helpers smile emoticon We also plan to continue the work party into Sunday to get the track into a raceable condition ASAP, so if you can't make Saturday please consider giving some time Sunday.
We are clearly in a phase where we can really improve the club and it's profile within the area. The astro surface will not only bring us inline with other popular tracks in the region, but will also give us the flexibility to run meetings in a greater range of weather conditions. The finished track will also be more resilient to use, not cutting up and becoming undrivable after heavy use. This in turn will enable us to run more meetings, with much less work. The return of "midweek madness" sessions (Midweek evening racing) are an example of what we hope to be moving towards.
We will post regular updates via our Facebook group, and also we add content to the club forum on oOple and website via batleybuggyclub.com or batleybuggyclub.co.uk
If anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to collate these and distribute to the members, so please feel free to reply smile emoticon
Hope to see as many as possible over the weekend,
Regards John