Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Atomic Carbon

Old 19-08-2009

Default AC S44 conversion, newbie questions

My mate just bought a secondhand b44 atomic carbon conversion, we have had close look and compared it to my b44. We are concerned that it hasn't got a slipper clutch and that the centre drive shafts are thicker blue alloy much heavier than the associated ones which are going to make fitting lipos very tight, we have ordered some intellect 4200 hard case lipos and just awaiting their arrival but i'm unsure if they will fit with enough clearence.

I have also noticed that the centre gear blue alloy plate and motor mount is slightly different from my stock b44. Has there been more than one version of the b44 ? As these parts arent the same.

If we are to add a slipper assembly from the b44 we'll need to replace the centre shafts with stock b44 parts.

Can anyone give any advice? Am i correct in saying that you'll not want to run without a slipper clutch ?

Thanks raymond
Old 19-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It may be the S4 which was based on the JConcepts BJ4, I believe that B44 parts can be retrofitted to the BJ4, if you need to
I would have thought it does have a clutch, but the BJ4 is a different design to the B44.
HTH
Old 20-08-2009

I never realised but the parts are probably BJ4 and not B44, hence the difference. I'm in the process just now of getting together all the part numbers for the slipper assembly using B44 parts and manual. Will no doubt have to change the rear centre drive shaft as well to the thinner AE version.

Raymond
Old 20-08-2009

Hi, there is a thread on oople where the b44 slipper and centre shafts are fitted to the S4 ( i have done mine and makes the adjustment easy), but there is a little bit of dremel work requied to the cenre bulkheads ...
I think Thomas P posted this info previously?
Hope that helps.
Paul.

East Anglian ramp construction guru......Wiggles
Old 20-08-2009

thanks I have just found the thread and had a look at the pdf file. A bit more working involved than I first thought, I don't fancy all the dremeling to be honest.

Need to speak to my mate to see what he thinks. He just bought an S4 from ebay, it was advertised as a B44 Atomic conversion, but we have discovered that its in actual fact a BJ4.

He wants to use intellect 4200 Hardcase lipos, but looking at the space, its going to be very tight because the centre drive shafts on the BJ4 are much thicker than the B44 ones.

Raymond